Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this posted already? The follow up to the letter posted on Twitter?

https://universal.wdwinfo.com/universal-implementing-mandatory-temperature-check-for-team-members/
It explains the procedures for CMs at Universal and will start tomorrow. Highlights include:
-temp check mandatory, must not exceed 99.9. will be conducted in car or using proper social distancing where that's not possible. will be done with infrared contactless digital thermometers
-employees to check their own temperatures at home as well
-protocols are only for people currently showing up to work at universal, no reopening info or guest safety protocol info has been released
-"As for face masks, Universal is recommending team members voluntarily continue to wear face masks if they are concerned about social distancing, and team members can obtain a mask on-site if they don’t have their own. Universal also reminds team members that gloves are not recommended unless they are issued as part of wardrobe."
^that is a direct quote from the article. It includes a four letter word (m*$k) that I am done discussing but here is the entire sentence so there is no confusion amongst the 100 people who do want to say that word a dozen times each but don't want to read the article

Starting tomorrow? I would guess preliminary at-home checks would tomorrow. Maybe a “walk through” tutorial in the coming days where CMs come to get their temp checked on site and then go home. Can’t imagine they’d already start training employees tomorrow.

EDIT: wow, does sound like its starting tomorrow, or at least a test run

Starting tomorrow? I would guess preliminary at-home checks would tomorrow. Maybe a “walk through” tutorial in the coming days where CMs come to get their temp checked on site and then go home. Can’t imagine they’d already start training employees tomorrow.
I wish... That would be amazing. Or Disney could give us an update, that would be great, too! 😂

I wish... That would be amazing. Or Disney could give us an update, that would be great, too! 😂

I’d imagine Disney is going to start without much fanfare. Obviously sites like this would pick up on the news immediately from CMs getting the “OK” to start coming in to ramp up. Things are seemingly coming together a lot quicker than I thought. If theyre training employees by this time next week, or early the following week, that June 1st date seems more and more likely

These temperature checks are not very useful imo. It’s not the symptomatic people everyone is concerned about. It’s the ones showing none that everyone is scared of.

While it’s great to know if someone has a temp, that’s not huge on the list of concerns for me, considering most people won’t be going out if they actually feel sick. It’s the ones who don’t that make this spread so much

Every little bit helps though.

Not quite. For employees CURRENTLY working at Universal they say this starts tomorrow. The skeleton staff. I think they clarify that so they don't get swamped with questions from their staff that is not currently working as procedures could be different by the time they are brought back.

There are team members and cast members working in the parks right now, custodial, maintenance and security

Not quite. For employees CURRENTLY working at Universal they say this starts tomorrow. The skeleton staff. I think they clarify that so they don't get swamped with questions from their staff that is not currently working as procedures could be different by the time they are brought back.

That’s what I figured. The wording made it seem like it was for all employees. Would seem like a strange way for them to present it. “Here’s the testing guidelines, we expect you to come back in to work tomorrow”.

There are employees currently still working at the parks.

SDCC cancelled, Newsom saying no large gatherings (conventions, sporting events, theme parks etc) until theres a vaccine. I seriously doubt SW Celebration takes place as scheduled. SDCC waited as long as they could before cancelling, but it was inevitable as this is to be cancelled

None of the provisions are there to be enforced; they are there to provide the public with a FALSE sense of security. The only way for Disney to entice people to bring their families back to Florida=WDW, is to make them believe they are safe (right in the middle of a Pandemic)! It's all smoke and mirrors. And the Disney Bubble. I have to say, if they are able to pull it off, I will be impressed. But I will be watching this play out from home. #NOT MY FAMILY!

I was all ready to go, but if skyp4WDW is out then I'm out.

SDCC cancelled, Newsom saying no large gatherings (conventions, sporting events, theme parks etc) until theres a vaccine. I seriously doubt SW Celebration takes place as scheduled. SDCC waited as long as they could before cancelling, but it was inevitable as this is to be cancelled
Until there's a THERAPEUTIC. Big difference, even he's not throwing all his eggs in the vaccine basket.

I've been watching this board with great interest because I'm taking my young kids to Disney for the first time and our stay is scheduled for June 13-19 (staying at AKL). It looks like there may be some signs that it could be open then but they would need a decent amount of time to gear up and train everyone. When is the latest CM schedule for that that showed only essential workers?

I've been watching this board with great interest because I'm taking my young kids to Disney for the first time and our stay is scheduled for June 13-19 (staying at AKL). It looks like there may be some signs that it could be open then but they would need a decent amount of time to gear up and train everyone. When is the latest CM schedule for that that showed only essential workers?
All non-essential cast has been furloughed. If they were to be brought back that would be big news.

That's @yulilin3 's department ;)

I think schedules come out every Sunday, two weeks in advance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter