Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is interesting, iaapa (international association of amusement parks and attractions) has put out a set of guidelines. This group has no ability to enforce anything so this are simply guidelines and reccomendations but they do in places have very specific formulas for things like taking the square footage of an facility and determine what your capacity number should be.

They do reccomend guests wear masks (nothing about mandatory but reccomended)
They don't reccomend temp screenings. They say point blank "assume everybody is positive and build procceddurs like sanitation, social distancing and other measures to control spread"

Interestingly disney isn't listed as helping make these guidelines, but all the other major payers (cedar fair, six flags, seaworld, universal) are so this should give us an idea of what thigns may look like.

https://www.iaapa.org/sites/default/files/2020-05/IAAPA_COVID-19_ReopeningGuidance_rev1_final.pdf

I didn’t even consider the full PPE and COVID training for first aid. And they talked about needing to train front of house employees on procedures in case a guest becomes ill. Now I really feel for these parks, so much to think about.

I didn’t even consider the full PPE and COVID training for first aid. And they talked about needing to train front of house employees on procedures in case a guest becomes ill. Now I really feel for these parks, so much to think about.

the procedures are easy and most Disney cast members already know it, just call out "we have a 2319"

Wouldn't it work better for people that live out of state than those taking spur of the moment trips? Just imagine you can book your park days well in advance, around when you book their hotel or dining reservations.

sorry, I was responding to the posts above where it was stated that PH tickets should have priority over other Guests and that Disneyland Flex Pass has a max of two days a month.

Yes, if everyone could have access to the same reservation system regardless of type of ticket, I would be ok with that. But if the posts were saying that those with a date specific tickets get priority over AP than I disagree with that theory.

I’m not local, but I never got the impression that locals went to Citywalk like they did DS. Without stores that seems like a real hassle to go all the way into CityWalk for Starbucks.
locals go after 6pm since you have to pay for parking up until then, unless you have an ap that covers parking. Most locals go for the restaurants, Hard Rock, Bubba Gumps, Cowfish, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, Margaritaville are all very popular. Also there's a movie theater and 2 mini golf courses, along with a variety of nightclubs.
Without the night clubs it would be popular from 6pm to 11pm unless they wave the parking fee while the parks are closed

I wonder if people would have a problem with the reserve park days in advance option. We always buy a park hopper so we can evaluate/make park choices on the fly for certain days. So personally this would cause me to re-evaluate dropping the money to go. Maybe more so than the dreaded m word
More and more everyday I’m a little less interested in when they are going to open and more interested in what the limitations will be as I can see us putting off our summer trip until things hopefully settle down a bit and maybe normalize more. If that’s after a vaccine so be it...
I feel as if I’ve already made park reservations- When I made fastpass and dining reservations.

If they were to take those- great. If I had to make more reservations- after having already put so much time into making resort, fastpass, and dining reservations, then I would be quite annoyed.

sorry, I was responding to the posts above where it was stated that PH tickets should have priority over other Guests and that Disneyland Flex Pass has a max of two days a month.

Yes, if everyone could have access to the same reservation system regardless of type of ticket, I would be ok with that. But if the posts were saying that those with a date specific tickets get priority over AP than I disagree with that theory.
Sorry about that. I edited my post since it looked like I was agreeing with APs only having to have reservations. More to my point was spending additional for a PH for a specific time that was basically useless for PH-ing. If they do go to reservations, I'm fine with everyone having the same access, I just would want a refund for the PH part for 4 adults.
We had APs 2 years ago and live out of state, so I get it.

Sorry about that. I edited my post since it looked like I was agreeing with APs only having to have reservations. More to my point was spending additional for a PH for a specific time that was basically useless for PH-ing. If they do go to reservations, I'm fine with everyone having the same access, I just would want a refund for the PH part for 4 adults.
We had APs 2 years ago and live out of state, so I get it.

if they remove park hopping im sure they will refund that part.

the procedures are easy and most Disney cast members already know it, just call out "we have a 2319"

That’s good to know. Next time I hear “we have a 2319” I’ll know highly contagious case in the park. What is the procedure for that? Do they get contact info of all nearby guests so Disney can get ahold of them if the sick person tests positive?

I’m just going to throw this out there. I think I’m pretty lenient when it comes to moderating but it’s getting to the point where I just can’t do that anymore.

Just because an article/video says Florida doesn’t mean it’s relevant to Disney. I completely understand there are different sides to this. I completely understand this is a stressful time for everyone. I myself have seen a large income decrease. I myself had to cancel my first Disneyland trip. I get it, I truly do. That doesn’t mean we can discuss politics here. That doesn’t mean we can attack other posters because they disagree with you. That doesn’t mean we can discuss all these different studies and statistical numbers regarding the virus. Those things do nothing good here and are irrelevant to the thread in most cases.

Many if not all people use Disney and Disney related content/sites like these boards as an escape. Yes this is very much reality but let’s just take a breath and pause to think before posting.

Flex Pass works for Disneyland because the majority of their AP holders are local and don’t have to stay in hotels when they visit.

Flex Pass is actually geared for the passholder who lives farther away (3+ hour drive). Most really local passholders don't like to be stuck in a reservation system, especially since it's not guaranteed that there will be open reservations the day or week of. Those of us that live farther away have to make plans in advance anyway, so the Flex Pass is a wonderful option for us.

Flex has a max of two reservation days at a time, in a 30 day period. Once you use one of the days, you can reserve another. That, combined with the "good to go" dates, is how flexpass holders can have trips that span more than 2 days at a time. I can see this being adaptable to WDW, especially with 4 parks to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter