Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a reminder, for SDL, APs just have to "reserve" their day in the park, similar to Disneyland's FlexPass. The curious thing will be if these "park reservations" fill up quickly or are easier to come by. Also worth noting SDL has removed Disneytown hours starting May 11, so I'm curious to see what those (as well as SDL's) look like once Disney loads those hours into the calendar.

I agree,i would never stad for it, but i think it is important to know what we are "celebrating" since Shanghai is opening may 11th. The rules are extreme to be able to enter the park.
It's really not extreme within the sense of Shanghai and China itself. China has completely integrated their country reopening with the QR system, and people who live there are used to having to show their QR codes to get places. Examples are: boarding metro railways, entering a shopping mall, prior to going into your office building. Them having to show their QR code to enter a theme park is second nature at this point. So I wouldn't consider it an extreme, but more so of a new normal for them.

With Shanghai opening on the 11th, and we are just now hearing this news, does that mean there were no leaks etc on the exact date and im wondering how much advance notice did their cast members have of re opening? Or can any of that info even be used to gauge how Disney World will start cast member training etc and how long it will take once a decision is made? I mean, May 11th is like in a week! Not a lot of warning.
We had lots of notice of this, including photographs of the social distancing measures, the resort opening months ago, character dining starting last weeks... there were many signs that built up to this that everyone saw.

We had lots of notice of this, including photographs of the social distancing measures, the resort opening months ago, character dining starting last weeks... there were many signs that built up to this that everyone saw.
I think the first sign we're going to see about parks reopening (not DS), will be when CM schedules are released and some CMs are called back to work. I think at that point we'll be able to start speculating when the parks will open. I believe the first time we heard about CMs testing things in the Shanghai was April 20th.

Yes I get that and agree with that point totally. I guess I figured they would announce the actual park opening date more than a week prior if that makes sense. I can’t see Disney World waiting to announce an actual date until one week before they open so it just threw me a little. I guess Shanghai doesn’t have message boards of Disney fanatics stalking leaks and driving around their park and looking for any signs of life 😂😂

It's really not extreme within the sense of Shanghai and China itself. China has completely integrated their country reopening with the QR system, and people who live there are used to having to show their QR codes to get places. Examples are: boarding metro railways, entering a shopping mall, prior to going into your office building. Them having to show their QR code to enter a theme park is second nature at this point. So I wouldn't consider it an extreme, but more so of a new normal for them.
A big part of China’s QR system is China’s social credit system. Let’s just say I am not a fan.

Certainly everything won’t be open by June 1st. I think Springs and resorts could be though.

Definitely not. One thing I'm not sure anyone has touched on is South FL (Miami-Dade/Broward/Palm Beach). DeSantis still has us "shut down" and not in Phase 1 of openings since we're a "hot spot", and has not dropped any hints as of yet when that may change.

This is significant to me (outside of being where I live) in that a ton of APs live in South FL and I'm sure lots would LOVE to be some of the first to hit the Turnpike north to Disney as soon as they open. Were this to happen, the logic would run counter to current directives for out of state visitors to self-quarantine when arriving in FL, and no one could realistically stop people from doing so (outside of Disney checking zip codes for entry.)

Bottom line, keep an eye on South FL, I don't think Disney's making any moves to open (residents/APs-only or not) until DeSantis makes a move on our area - and then probably at least several weeks beyond that.

No way will this exact system be possible in America. A private property like Disney could implement a system if they wanted, but I think they know enough people will have issues with it that it wouldn’t be feasible for them, either.
So the answer is testing, testing, testing to make the guests and CM safe. This will take time, since Cruise ships and team parks are places that are most dangerous to open ref a European study ?

I absolutely can see this. Disney is famous for not announcing changes until the last moment possible. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been sent scurrying to make changes to a trip because of last second notifications.
Look at when they closed the parks - they gave a couple days notice?

Definitely not. One thing I'm not sure anyone has touched on is South FL (Miami-Dade/Broward/Palm Beach). DeSantis still has us "shut down" and not in Phase 1 of openings since we're a "hot spot", and has not dropped any hints as of yet when that may change.

This is significant to me (outside of being where I live) in that a ton of APs live in South FL and I'm sure lots would LOVE to be some of the first to hit the Turnpike north to Disney as soon as they open. Were this to happen, the logic would run counter to current directives for out of state visitors to self-quarantine when arriving in FL, and no one could realistically stop people from doing so (outside of Disney checking zip codes for entry.)

Bottom line, keep an eye on South FL, I don't think Disney's making any moves to open (residents/APs-only or not) until DeSantis makes a move on our area - and then probably at least several weeks beyond that.
I heard tonight on the news that the pal beach county commission voted today to write to Governor DeSantis and ask to go to phase one since we aren’t as dense or mass transit dependent as broward or Dade counties! Maybe another step forward

Yup. We we were scheduled to leave for WDW the day before they closed. The day before they announced closing it hadn’t even occurred to us as a possibility. Within 48 hrs we went from packing the car to unpacking suitcases. It’s the Disney way.

I’m sorry, that stinks. We had slightly more warning than you but I know as much as I love Disney I felt a weight lift when our trip was officially off.

That’s why I hope if they can’t do June 1 they can make it public ASAP. Waiting in limbo is so stressful and a Disney trip shouldn’t feel like that.

I’m sorry, that stinks. We had slightly more warning than you but I know as much as I love Disney I felt a weight lift when our trip was officially off.

That’s why I hope if they can’t do June 1 they can make it public ASAP. Waiting in limbo is so stressful and a Disney trip shouldn’t feel like that.
Definitely agree. They should/need to give some updates or clarification on dates. Nothing in stone, but some sort of dated plan with the option to delay if certain criteria are not met

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter