• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with a Disney IT glitch ...... they are updating something on MDE and it's messing with it. Could be a HUGE new update or something minimal. The "Can not be loaded" message does come up here and there during updates. I just checked 2 of my clients accounts (I'm a TA) and got the issue for both of them. Don't stress yet!

They may eliminate fast passes. First, some rides won’t be operating. Second, they may try assigning people spots in lines for rides using a virtual queue. They could ask you before you arrive what you want to ride and then assign you a time for each ride. With limited crowds and not wanting it becoming overcrowded around popular areas they could control crowd flow by strategically moving people throughout out the park over the whole day.

Mine are also not showing for june 8-13, with the error message at the top. similarly I've had a glitch/issue the last few days where it was saying the error message "we cannot show all of your hotel reservation details right now", but I would be able to scroll down to the daily section and see everything. Must be a glitch

Is that because SDL opened on a Monday or for crowd-control or what?

Little column A, little column B. Granted, when you’re not working, every day feels the same and there is no weekend. I just think opening up on a Monday, or Wednesday puts less stress on the park than a Fri-Sat. The park will have limited capacity, but if they open on a Saturday or Sunday, a lot more people would likely show up than in the beginning or middle of the week

I wonder if they're moving to virtual queues.
Repeating my rambling thoughts on virtual queues here (and I LOVE it for ROTR so I'm not knocking them, just wondering other's thoughts): My question about virtual queues is this - where are we supposed to be if not in line? I know some you can't spread out but others (Space/Splash Mountains come to mind) you absolutely can. Not at all knocking the idea, just wondering about the number of people wandering around common areas when they'd normally be in line. I've been in the parks when they look fairly light but tons of stuff has 2+ hour waits. Where will the crowds go if they can't be in the queues? It might look like SWGE on the opening day for ROTR if people start trying to "hang out" near the ride they have next on their list. We have the same issue at DragonCon every year where they'd say the line for a panel couldn't start until an hour before, so there's be thousands of people "just chilling" in the near vicinity. Though I suppose that limiting the overall number of people in the parks would help with this....

How exactly does this work?
It'd be basically like fastpass for everything. Or maybe sort of similar to MaxPass? I feel like we grabbed way more MaxPasses in DLR than we usually get with FastPass. But I do wonder the difference between one ride and ALL the rides. It'll be interesting if that's what they do!

Repeating my rambling thoughts on virtual queues here (and I LOVE it for ROTR so I'm not knocking them, just wondering other's thoughts): My question about virtual queues is this - where are we supposed to be if not in line? I know some you can't spread out but others (Space/Splash Mountains come to mind) you absolutely can. Not at all knocking the idea, just wondering about the number of people wandering around common areas when they'd normally be in line. I've been in the parks when they look fairly light but tons of stuff has 2+ hour waits. Where will the crowds go if they can't be in the queues? It might look like SWGE on the opening day for ROTR if people start trying to "hang out" near the ride they have next on their list. We have the same issue at DragonCon every year where they'd say the line for a panel couldn't start until an hour before, so there's be thousands of people "just chilling" in the near vicinity. Though I suppose that limiting the overall number of people in the parks would help with this....

I imagine not everything would have one. Crowds small enough that queuing for less popular rides is not a crowd control issue, and the headliners are done by way of virtual queue. So you can probably ride something without having to virtually enter a line first, but not everything.

^Purely a guess, to be clear.

You’ll be elsewhere in the park. They’ll likely still have a line and virtual queue will be in place so that line does not spill out in to the park. If it works like Volcano Bay, you’ll tap your magic band and get a return time for the ride. There wouldn’t be a need to hang out in front of the ride.

I haven’t been to Universal, nor have I been since RotR - but I’m somewhat familiar with the boarding pass idea. That makes sense.

Just makes it easier to avoid extended queue lines. Think of it this way, you have to stand 6 feet behind the party in front of you. Flight of Passage gets extended lines all the way back to Africa in the morning. Now imagine that line if you have to stand 6 feet away from the party in front of you.

I wonder if they're moving to virtual queues.

Virtual queue doesn't really solve the problem because it simply relocates the same group elsewhere. If it's hot outside, people will want to wait in gift shops and other indoor areas which would end up with the same situation. It may be a good idea for certain e-ticket attractions that have issues with their queues and spacing (space mountain, soarin, etc.) but the "all virtual queue" idea is not likely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter