• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my resort portion of the trip is $3700 alone. I’m not spending they with no parks. And I’m not flying or driving all the way to wdw for a 1 or 2 night stay.
I haven't even added mine up all, but 13 nights at OKW, Riviera and YC CL? It's a chunk of change even with the AP discount. I'd be amazed if they chose that route. They'd definitely lose my money. It's the only real requirement we have- parks have to be open and resort guests have to have the same assurances of park entry we've always had in some way.

I probably wouldn’t stay a week at a deluxe but I could see myself staying a few nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge and being perfectly happy.
For me, a lot would depend on whether the restaurants are operating. Would be sucky to go to AKL and not have the ability to have dinner at Jiko or a glass of wine at Victoria Falls or the wine bar. Same with WL.

I don’t understand why they think opening hotels & resorts first makes sense? Who would go? I get they’re trying to open slowly, but who would pay Disney prices for at best mediocre hotels?

This is just the mayor speaking honestly I feel like. Not Disney. I just don’t see them opening resorts first either other then to ensure people have a few days to check in prior to the day they choose to open the park.

In his mind he may be thinking that’s best, but from a mindset of people who understand Disney it wouldn’t make sense.

Could be wrong of course I just really feel like that was the mayor giving his opinion on how he sees Disney opening. Or maybe that’s what he has been saying to Disney as the County’s recommendation.

This is just the mayor speaking honestly I feel like. Not Disney. I just don’t see them opening resorts first either other then to ensure people have a few days to check in prior to the day they choose to open the park.

In his mind he may be thinking that’s best, but from a mindset of people who understand Disney it wouldn’t make sense.

Could be wrong of course I just really feel like that was the mayor giving his opinion on how he sees Disney opening. Or maybe that’s what he has been saying to Disney as the County’s recommendation.

Actually the way the mayor said it (IMO), was this was the impression that the theme parks were giving him during their discussions.

I can see the resorts opening a few days ahead of the parks (up to a week) to allow guests that need to travel to get settled in and to just start getting everyone (CMs and guests) used to the new health and safety procedures. But, I do not see an extensive phase of resorts open without the parks open.

Demmings is all over the place sometimes. The day before Desantis announced initial reopening for May 4th, Demmings said he thought reopening on May 11th was ambitious and it would likely be later in May or June.
I think some of the nation’s mayor are trying to make a name for themselves on the national stage. I know ours sure seems to be. She’s always got something to say above & beyond & then it changes when the governor announces things. I’m so over her.

and now we know
Based on applicable government requirements, as well as guidance from health authorities such as the CDC and appropriate government agencies, we are implementing a number of new health and safety measures and operational changes. Rest assured, there is plenty of magic awaiting you at Disney Springs – it just may feel a bit different than before. Here is what you need to know prior to your arrival:

• Parking and Entrances: During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed. We will also reduce the number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and ride share location.
  • Appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).
  • Temperature Screenings: Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party. I encourage you to check temperatures of yourself and your party prior to leaving home, as an extra layer of precaution.
  • Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures: To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, we will limit the number of guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. We will also add physical barriers in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.
  • Cleanliness: We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. We will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available, and encourage you to use these frequently.
  • Cashless Transactions: We’re recommending you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.

My point was just because he said resorts would open first that doesn’t mean that’s what will happen. As a resident of Orange County, he is always rambling on and doesn’t always make sense.

I read what he said, he never mentioned specifically Disney resorts. He said resorts, it could have been the many other non Disney ones in the Orlando area.

I can see the resorts opening a few days ahead of the parks (up to a week) to allow guests that need to travel to get settled in and to just start getting everyone (CMs and guests) used to the new health and safety procedures. But, I do not see an extensive phase of resorts open without the parks open.
Open the resorts, let guests get settled in, then “soft open” the Parks on a rolling basis with the few guests on property to test out the new Covid procedures. This gal has a June 18 reservation and is holding out hope!

June 15: Florida residents/Gold AP (goal 25% max capacity)
July 1: Disney Resorts + Platinum AP (goal 50% max capacity)
July 15-Aug 1: “Full” opening (goal 75% max capacity)
Very detailed guess! I like it...makes alot of sense to me
Just wondering if this is an educated guess on your part? Without asking for too many specifics do you have a background in event planning or risk management? Color me impressed with your attention to detail and reasonable approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter