• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of makes sense to just go straight to the playoffs. Right there you reduce the number of people involved by almost 50% and for the teams hopelessly out of it, what is the motivation to be quarantined, risk getting sick or even just a regular injury, etc.

If I was on the Lakers I would be way more open to this type is set up than if I was on the Knicks for example

excoeot that costs the nba a ton of money with regional tv Deals. One reason to go Back is to complete those contracts.

Just as an observation: I have been watching availability closely for weeks now, and when I went in yesterday and looked at my dates every resort showed availability. Upon going in today there are two resorts that show consistent unavailability for the whole of July : CSR and CR. No other resorts, just those two (with the exception of the GF villas who go on and off having availability), and all the other resorts have many room categories open. Last I check CR this week they looked like they still had a lot of room categories open so I doubt so many people moved their trips to CR that it's now booked for the whole month (I haven't looked at other months)
Unavailability goes thru August.

Yes, August is hot however it’s also Halloween season for Disney, it’s easier for them to deal with the masks.
Yeah I don’t think Disney cares about that aspect. The ban on masks isn’t even relaxed during the Halloween parties for guests over (I believe) 14.

Unless they stay off property at 1 of those bigger hotels....who knows.

If WDW delays opening for NBA I think the PR backlash would be unbelievable

I thought there were rumors on this board that CSR was showing no availability and the thinking’s was that Disney was likely blocking out those rooms for the NBA.

Maybe you need to look at this a little differently. If you were given the option to earn the balance of your multi million contract by having to suffer through staying in a resort for a couple of months, would you do it?

Also consider that wherever they stay will likely be an NBA only resort. I’m sure they will have access to the resort pools and restaurants. I’d also expect that Disney and the NBA would also plan plenty of private events for the players.
it is not the players that i am referencing it is their families. I have done 30 days in 4 and 5 star hotels as a teenager. It is fun at first but gets very old. 75 days and the kids will be climbing the walls

Unless they stay off property at 1 of those bigger hotels....who knows.

If WDW delays opening for NBA I think the PR backlash would be unbelievable
The only reason I see them delaying it while the NBA plays is that they don't see enough rooms booked to justify opening yet. Remember the cost of opening has to be lower then being closed.

it is not the players that i am referencing it is their families. I have done 30 days in 4 and 5 star hotels as a teenager. It is fun at first but gets very old. 75 days and the kids will be climbing the walls
It hasn’t been announced anywhere, but everything I’ve read about all sports returning to action in these bubble situations involves the players not having their families with them. Going to be very tough, but that’s what I had been reading earlier about NHL and even MLB.

The words “August,” “Disney,” and “cool down” don’t generally go together. Disney’s not going to wait until October to reopen. They’re not going to let UOR have three or four months of operation without them. They’re not going to let masks dictate whether they lose millions more dollars by keeping the parks closed.

I don’t think the park will reopen in October, I’m thinking maybe mid to late August. Yes it’s hot however Disney can spin it to hey everyone let’s wear a Halloween mask. Less people complaining better for them.

Many families are not coming this summer, they reschedule, so they will get their money later. It’s possible they may open to locals AP with very reduced hours.

I don’t think the park will reopen in October, I’m thinking maybe mid to late August. Yes it’s hot however Disney can spin it to hey everyone let’s wear a Halloween mask. Let’s people complaining better for them.

Many families are not coming this summer, they reschedule, so they will get their money later. It’s possible they may open to locals AP with very reduced hours.
Again, I don’t think the masks are that big of an issue in that regard. The population knows about masks. Disney doesn't have to “spin” it any direction. They just need to decide how they are going to enforce it.

It is not going to take 3 months, they will be playing multiple games a day, and at the start, there will be probably at least 4 to 6 games a day. They could most likely knock it all out in less than a month,

There are between 14-17 regular season games left to be played. I think they’re 8-10 away from hitting their required amount for their regional networks contracted fulfillment. Then the playoffs which is 2 months in and of itself.

The amount of time off during this stoppage will end up being the same amount as a regular NBA offseason. They’re not going to be plowing out games to rush the season along in risk of players getting hurt.

There is literally a 0% chance they can finish in 2 months let alone in one month

You mean like driving from NY to MD to catch a flight to FL to avoid the 14 day mandatory quarantine.

Yup, exactly like that. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Good thing I’ll likely never see you in my life and my decision will never affect you. If Florida wants to discriminate against my entire state because they’re too ignorant to realize that the state of NY isn’t just NYC, then yes, I’m going to go about going on my vacation my own way.

Unavailability goes thru August.
Yep, I am extremely bored so I just went and plugged in very odd dates and ranges for all of July-August, no CR or CSR. Truly weird since CR would be probably the hardest to put people in a bubble, unless they moved a lot of people there from CSR but I think we would have heard about that by now.

There are between 14-17 regular season games left to be played. I think they’re 8-10 away from hitting their required amount for their regional networks contracted fulfillment. Then the playoffs which is 2 months in and of itself.

The amount of time off during this stoppage will end up being the same amount as a regular NBA offseason. They’re not going to be plowing out games to rush the season along in risk of players getting hurt.

There is literally a 0% chance they can finish in 2 months let alone in one month
So with that scenario...would they really delay parks and resorts opening until its over?

Yep, I am extremely bored so I just went and plugged in very odd dates and ranges for all of July-August, no CR or CSR. Truly weird since CR would be probably the hardest to put people in a bubble, unless they moved a lot of people there from CSR but I think we would have heard about that by now.
I can’t explain no CL at any resort either. It’s a real puzzler.

So with that scenario...would they really delay parks and resorts opening until its over?

IMO, no. Even though the deal they have with the NBA is nice, Turner sports isn’t going to allow Disney to monopolize the remaining games just because they’re allowing them to use the resort. So they’re not going to be rolling in money just because they’re holding these games. They still need to open the parks and resorts to start seeing the money they want to roll in. People are looking into the NBA situation a little too much. These players have to quarantine while finishing the season. They’re not going to be given free reign over the entire property because the odds of them catching the virus increases with any additional reign their given on the property

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter