• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the day after that August 31st rumour was floated rooms are unavailable to be booked until that date? I know people are unable to modify, but I’m getting an error even booking on their site. Is it resort wide?

Hmmm. 🤨
I was able to book 8/1 - 8/10 at Yacht Club.

Could not modify so just cancelled our June 1 trip (finally) and rebooked. We’ll see how it goes.

What I do believe is now that the NBA is all but confirmed to play at Disney they won't feel they need to open the parks as quick. They can maybe wait til things get better in regards to the virus

Disney is hemorrhaging money. They will take all revenue streams they can get. They won’t give up one for the other when they can have both.

Yup, exactly like that. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Good thing I’ll likely never see you in my life and my decision will never affect you. If Florida wants to discriminate against my entire state because they’re too ignorant to realize that the state of NY isn’t just NYC, then yes, I’m going to go about going on my vacation my own way.
My feelings weren’t hurt at all. Just pointing out your hypocrisy at criticizing others for not following the rules.

At the earliest it appears Disney will open in July, what’s another month. I’m not saying they will wait until 2021, I’m saying some time in Aug. At this point waiting another 4 to 6 weeks from July will have a small impact.

Disney is hemorrhaging money. They will take all revenue streams they can get. They won’t give up one for the other when they can have both.

As we have been shown over and over in the last few months, none of us know definitively what Disney absolutely will or won’t do. The game has changed significantly.

If revenue was the sole concern they would be open ASAP alongside the small parks and Universal.

What I do believe is now that the NBA is all but confirmed to play at Disney they won't feel they need to open the parks as quick. They can maybe wait til things get better in regards to the virus

Look, I know you’d love nothing better than for WDW to be closed until who knows when, but it’s ludicrous to think they are going to let their parks and a vast majority of their resort rooms sit empty while every other theme park gets back in the game.

It’s equally ludicrous to think they’re going to operate their parks for only the NBA. The NBA isn’t there for a vacation, they’d be there to play ball. They aren’t going to risk their players testing out WDW. It’s laughable.

Disney is perfectly capable of opening their parks just like Universal and Sea World and every other park in the country.

My feelings weren’t hurt at all. Just pointing out your hypocrisy at criticizing others for not following the rules.

But I have been following the rules. Ive left my house 4 times (not including walking my dog) since March 14th, all of which to go to the grocery store. What I plan to do in the future is irrelevant because we dont know what travel guidelines will be in place by the time I go on vacation. But Ive been very vocal with having no issue with wearing a mask in the parks, or limited capacity, or certain experiences being limited. I am not sick, nor have I been since I started staying at home. That doesnt mean that I havent had the virus as I could have been asymptomatic. My flight out of Maryland, if I still go, is on June 15th. I did my 3 weeks worth of grocery shopping on thursday night meaning I wont be leaving my home until I drive down to Maryland, meaning if I did contract the virus on Thursday, I have more than enough time before I leave for Maryland to get over the virus. And if I didnt contract it on thursday, that leaves Maryland and Florida as the only places I would be able to contract it.

So you can call me hypocritical all you want, but I’m likely being as, or more safe than anyone that has a problem with how I decide to travel in the future

Look, I know you’d love nothing better than for WDW to be closed until who knows when, but it’s ludicrous to think they are going to let their parks and a vast majority of their resort rooms sit empty while every other theme park gets back in the game.

It’s equally ludicrous to think they’re going to operate their parks for only the NBA. The NBA isn’t there for a vacation, they’d be there to play ball. They aren’t going to risk their players testing out WDW. It’s laughable.

Disney is perfectly capable of opening their parks just like Universal and Sea World and every other park in the country.
If you read what was just posted by Rteetz in the rumors thread what I said about the NBA delaying the parks opening might be true. Looks like just DVC will be opening for the time being.

If you read what was just posted by Rteetz in the rumors thread what I said about the NBA delaying the parks opening might be true. Looks like just DVC will be opening for the time being.

You know, I could see something like animal kingdom opening since it's pretty much out of the way and there are CM's there now anyway taking care of the animal's.

That and DVC resorts I can see.

Anything might be true. What solid proof do you have only DVC will be open or that it even looks like that’s the case? None. You have unsubstantiated rumors from unnamed sources. Other people have sources that say much different, but that’s not what you want to hear, so those are discarded.

I know one thing, I hope they make that presentation next week so the rumor mill can be put to rest- at least on this.

@rteetz posted this in the Rumors thread. Obviously take it with whatever dosage of salt you deem appropriate, but I'm sharing it here since the NBA/DVC topics have come up here so much.

Posting this here from a source of mine...

The NBA deal could push the WDW opening for the public back...

DVC could open for members before the parks.

Disney is very much still looking to open the parks one at a time.

I think this NBA deal could very well make people extra frustrated. Just be prepared.

The NBA thing is just here to fill a narrative for people that dont want the parks to reopen. There is no connection to the NBA being played at WDW and guests being able to stay there. Theres a good chance that if theyre both occurring simultaneously that no guest would even see a single NBA player their entire trip if theyre not watching the games on a TV screen. If the players stay at CSR, they’ll simply have security at the CSR gates not allowing any non authorized personnel on the premises.

They’re not going to hold soft openings for NBA players. That costs money, and lots of it. It would offset any money Disney is receiving from the NBA to allow them to use their resort and WWoS. Not to mention they’d have to have every single person working at the parks stay in the same bubble as the NBA players to ensure they’re not going out anywhere and contracting the virus and bringing it back onto property to give to the players. And I’m not so sure that CMs would be willing to stay on property in a bubble for 3 months getting paid what they do just to entertain NBA players so they can use the parks.

Unless they stay off property at 1 of those bigger hotels....who knows.

If WDW delays opening for NBA I think the PR backlash would be unbelievable

Without going into politics - totally agree ! Especially if we look at how we all reached this point !

Anything might be true. What solid proof do you have only DVC will be open or that it even looks like that’s the case? None. You have unsubstantiated rumors from unnamed sources. Other people have sources that say much different, but that’s not what you want to hear, so those are discarded.

I know one thing, I hope they make that presentation next week so the rumor mill can be put to rest- at least on this.
Well its a legal reason why the DVC resorts would have to open up.

Its being discussed in the DVC forums.

I tried to quote but it was a fail, lol.
I'm still a couple pages behind, but I'll dip a toe into the conversation about wondering why CSR, CR, and Club Level all disappeared at once....
If this has anything at all to do with the NBA/MLS coming to WWoS, I wonder if Disney could have (1) pinpointed resort(s) for players/families/staff/whoever to stay while playing at WWoS, (2) looked at how many guest resort reservations were in place at said resort(s), and (3) blocked off an equal number of previously-unbooked rooms at CSR, CR, and CL deluxe in anticipation of moving the guests with reservations at the newly-designated-NBA/MLS resort over to CSR, CR & Club Level. This might jive with yesterday's Guest Relations non-announcement that everyone with trips booked should be prepared for their plans to change or be changed. Perhaps they'll make an announcement about the NBA/MLS and at the same time send out emails to all those guests that need to be moved, telling them they have been magically upgraded.....? Maybe a thought? Ok, ducking for cover in preparation for folks to tell me this can't be right (which it quite likely isn't!).

Maybe LeBron booked all the CL rooms for himself, so he can stay in a different room every night.
It could also be the opposite too. Outside of these boards I'm not sure how much demand there is for people to travel right now. Especially paying Disney prices and not getting a full Disney experience.

Just in general terms - not just Florida - this holiday weekend, it was estimated that 318,000 people from the US used air travel (per TSA screening)
Last year - same time - approx 2.7 million

Based on what I was told I don’t think it’s that laughable. My source could be wrong but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter