• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don’t get is ppl who are on message boards for discussions about Disney who come here to say things like your post. I can see if this was a board to discuss Covid or any other serious topics & ppl were complaining about their Disney trip. But it’s a board to discuss Disney & thread to discuss park reopening so we get it, the world sucks & some ppl are luckier than others, but that doesn’t mean ppl can’t complain about their current Disney-related situation here.
This.

You make a great point in that...not only are the hours taking away the coolest times of the day, not only will people be in masks, but a lot of the AC breaks will be taken away too. Ugh, this is rough.

Now, personally....I've been in the Hall of Presidents when it was social distancing before social distancing was a thing. 😆
I think HoP wouldn't be too terribly hard to open up with distancing measures.
The first thing my wife said after we had dinner with a friend and the possibility of no indoor shows came up was. Ac breaks. Lol. If people prove they can listen to cms and adhere to rules on distancing. The shows could.open with lower capacity sooner than later. The issue is the rush to get into the shows all at once. A new plan would be implemented for that

Somehow I doubt we will see much in the way of discounted ticket right now, since they don’t want more people buying in, they want less. I mean, you could buy some base tickets instead of your park hoppers, and they will be cheaper, but they will also have a reduced value to you if they are the normal price, based on your explanation of the reduced value of the PH.

The only way we are seeing discounts of any kind, in my opinion, is if we get to the point where occupancy is no longer an issue as far as regulations are concerned, but people don’t want to travel so they aren’t filling the rooms. I am on the fence as far as this goes, because the people here on the DIS are a small percentage of the overall guests who visit Disney. Most of us would be there in a heartbeat once all restrictions are lifted. I don’t know if the general population feels the same. Maybe? Maybe not?

Oh, and it all stinks like a carton of milk left in a hot car for a couple weeks until it explodes (my co worker never got that smell out of her car . . .).

Well, that was our plan....or at least was one of our plans. We were kind of waiting to see what the status of the parks was before we decided if using our PH was worth it, and if not, buy base tickets instead. But...now there is the freeze on buying tickets, so I'm stuck.

No, I certainly wouldn't expect to see a widely public discount on tickets.....I more meant for people with resort reservations. A goodwill gesture, I guess you could say. And for people with date-based PH, maybe some sort of credit. I dunno.

Disney will be playing the long game so that can stay open thru this. They will need to start with a baseline set of rules and will enforce them to the point of making guests a little frustrated. If it takes asking people to leave and pro rating them out, then they will get that reputation and stay open for those that will accept the changes needed.

I think a lot of people are angry right now because we don’t have answers.

Answer will come. Patience.
But Disney has trained us to make hotel reservations a year in advance and dinning reservations 6 months early and FP at 60 days but they cant give us answers 6 weeks ahead of time. We all know they had this plan made up before today.

Last edited:
if people are insistent on not listening to cms on social distancing and masks like they were at world of disney today they will ruin things. Being told over and over. Space out. Put your mask on.. one guy told a cm to go away.. i will be happy because soon,, People are going to be told to leave and universal will indeed set the tone on that. This is why we can't have nice things

that is what I’m curious about. How will they enforce these rules. Surely you will get people who will buy tickets and not comply. Then you could have situations were the crowd sees and gets angry with people. If we have to wear masks why not this person. Happened in a supermarket when a woman took her mask off and everyone went crazy screaming at her until she left. Then you have situations where Wisconsin had it’s most cases after reopening 2 weeks ago. This whole thing is still such a mess and far from over. Just listen to these poor people doing their jobs. The world isn’t about you. Go to a park with no masks if you don’t like it.

Basically, asymptomatic people will show up at the park, ignore the mask rule, and spread COVID-19. People will get sick. And we might have to close down again, which would be bad. So wear a mask so things don't get bad.
I think people won't "ignore" the mask rule as much as .. lose it, drop it, get it wet, take it off because they are about to pass out, take it off because they are drinking and eating and forget to put it back on, let it drop off their nose and just not put it back on, etc.

With a limited capacity, mask and social distancing will be easy to enforce .. start to increase capacity and it will be near impossible.

Restricted or not, masks or not, there will be a lot of people, from all over, in one place and the virus could spread. There is no stopping it really. Just know people aren't going to follow the rules, and take that risk assessment yourself on whether to go to WDW or not. Then do what you can for YOURSELF to feel and be safe there and let's not worry what everyone else will do or not do.

The first thing my wife said after we had dinner with a friend and the possibility of no indoor shows came up was. Ac breaks. Lol. If people prove they can listen to cms and adhere to rules on distancing. The shows could.open with lower capacity sooner than later. The issue is the rush to get into the shows all at once. A new plan would be implemented for that
Here’s to people following the rules so that by weeks 3 &/or 4 my family can enjoy Honeydew and some corny Monsters, inc jokes! “It’s a great big beautiful tomorrow ...”
For real though, don’t mess this up, people.

This may have already been discussed... parks open at 8, 9, 10, 11 and close at 6, 7, 8, 9. Transportation has to be a huge issue, so that seems to possibly be driving some of the park hours. We wouldn’t make a trip with the new requirements, reduced experiences and hours (which we haven’t been happy with in a long time anyways). Very interested to see how the new reservation system works.

A lot of the animatronic shows could go forward with appropriate spacing IF people are willing to do so. It would mean making some rows completely closed, and people not taking the barrier down or stepping over the seat back to access the closed seats (both of which I have witnessed in the past). It would mean every party leaving at least five to six empty seats between themselves and the next party, even if it means they don’t get those center seats. For shows that don’t have individual seats, how will people know where to stop If Disney doesn’t tell them? There were examples of this when DS opened, where people spaced correctly so long as there were markings on the ground, but tended to tighten the line when there weren’t. I know I could abide by the rules, and most of the people here could as well. But I don’t have enough faith in the average Disney guest to trust that everyone would comply. So I will understand if those shows aren’t open right away, as much as I wish they could be.

Well, that was our plan....or at least was one of our plans. We were kind of waiting to see what the status of the parks was before we decided if using our PH was worth it, and if not, buy base tickets instead. But...now there is the freeze on buying tickets, so I'm stuck.

No, I certainly wouldn't expect to see a widely public discount on tickets.....I more meant for people with resort reservations. A goodwill gesture, I guess you could say. And for people with date-based PH, maybe some sort of credit. I dunno.

I wonder if there are any third party companies selling tickets right now . . .

I do hope you will ask about a refund of the PH portion before you use the tickets, if you do have to use them for this trip. The worst that could happen is they say no. Even if it’s a third party ticket I would at least ask. You might get a credit on a gift card or something. After all, you would hop if you could, but you can’t. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I hope you find a way to make it work. :)

A lot of the animatronic shows could go forward with appropriate spacing IF people are willing to do so. It would mean making some rows completely closed, and people not taking the barrier down or stepping over the seat back to access the closed seats (both of which I have witnessed in the past). It would mean every party leaving at least five to six empty seats between themselves and the next party, even if it means they don’t get those center seats. For shows that don’t have individual seats, how will people know where to stop If Disney doesn’t tell them? There were examples of this when DS opened, where people spaced correctly so long as there were markings on the ground, but tended to tighten the line when there weren’t. I know I could abide by the rules, and most of the people here could as well. But I don’t have enough faith in the average Disney guest to trust that everyone would comply. So I will understand if those shows aren’t open right away, as much as I wish they could be.

I’ve heard people say masks are important for situations in which physical distancing isn’t possible. Maybe for shows they encourage and set up seats for physical distancing, but if two parties end up say 4ft apart instead of 6ft apart, but everyone is wearing masks it won’t be too big of a deal?

Disney will be playing the long game so that can stay open thru this. They will need to start with a baseline set of rules and will enforce them to the point of making guests a little frustrated. If it takes asking people to leave and pro rating them out, then they will get that reputation and stay open for those that will accept the changes needed.
Great post. Makes total sense. However, when folks start passing out from the heat...things could change real quick. I hope the unintended consequences have been accounted for by Disney better than the lockdowns have. With that said, I'm looking forward to our end of August trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter