Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that they have done something so drastic makes me think they know more than the general public is privy too.

I don't think they know any more about how this virus will behave than what's already been announced.

I think they are covering their butts in case there is a second outbreak, having a system in place in case there's a second wave in the fall...I think they planned and are actually enacting the worse case scenario operations.

Time will tell if they went a bit overboard.

That's going a bit too far if they did.

They should just leave it at if people choose to use their transportation, they may have a to wait a bit longer due to social distancing. No need to make it any harder than that.

This makes sense. We have a Six Flags APs and are told you will need to book a date and time and will only be allowed in at your specific time.

The thing about cancelling the DDPs... I don’t think Disney offered free dining in bad faith back in March or April. I just don’t think they expected the extreme capacity restrictions they would have to have in the restaurants when they reopen, and they know they aren’t able or likely won’t be able to accommodate all of the free-diners with restaurants the way they’ll have to be for a while. They know the dining plans and free dining bring in money, that’s why they’ve kept the free dining offer for so long, though they’ve been phasing it out.

Believe me, I am hypercritical of Disney a lot of the time, but to me this seems like they were trying to be optimistic and keep people excited about the post-closure time, not realizing back in March or April exactly what it would be. Then 2020 doubled down, and now they face angry guests because they show up with free dining and can’t get in to the restaurants, or angry guests because Disney can’t accommodate the offer fully so they cancelled the offer before people go on their trips.

YMMV, of course, and I’m not saying you can’t be upset. To me, this just doesn’t seem like a bait-and-switch.
Thing is they don't HAVE to restrict the dining that much! Florida is already up to 50% and will surely be at at least 75% by the time Disney opens. It's all self imposed. They're going beyond the CDC guidelines in almost everything.

I know Disney had to do the reset on all the ADR and FP to make the new system work, but when they announced they were closed until further notice they should have stopped all reservations (room and dinning) and ticket sales. When they announced their opening date is was 6 weeks before the date so they could have opened reservations then. They would have to deal with less problems then they have now. Just feels like they are scrambling right now.

Thing is they don't HAVE to restrict the dining that much! Florida is already up to 50% and will surely be at at least 75% by the time Disney opens. It's all self imposed. They're going beyond the CDC guidelines in almost everything.

When I say "have to", I don't mean because of government guidlelines or mandates. I mean because that is what they feel is the safest option for the guests and the best option for them. They have to keep restaurant capacity at a number they are comfortable with.

Also, who knows what kind of supply chain issues they might be having, or might think they could have, especially if the second wave does come to fruition. Menus might need to be pared down for the time being or in the future, and maybe they won't open all of the restaurants if they have to offer the same limited menus at so many places, which would further limit the options available to people on the dining plans. We don't know.

I fully agree they're playing it safe with their capacity allowances. But maybe they feel it really is better safe than sorry.

What is so crazy to me is while Disney went from 3 to 2 year olds wearing masks the WHO says healthy people don’t need masks.
Yes and we have a trip planned to HH and they want us to wear a mask going to the pool but you can go almost anywhere on the island and not have to wear one.

Someone told me that they read that all of these changes will be until the middle of next year? Is that true? Did anyone else read something similar? I just don’t know how they could plan for it to go on that long with how much things are changing constantly

Someone told me that they read that all of these changes will be until the middle of next year? Is that true? Did anyone else read something similar? I just don’t know how they could plan for it to go on that long with how much things are changing constantly

They are probably expecting to have to use these measures in some form until a vaccine is ready. this gives them the ability to add back some stuff if it comes earlier, but they are likely going off the health officials stating a vaccine wasn't likely for 12-18 months.

When I say "have to", I don't mean because of government guidlelines or mandates. I mean because that is what they feel is the safest option for the guests and the best option for them. They have to keep restaurant capacity at a number they are comfortable with.

Also, who knows what kind of supply chain issues they might be having, or might think they could have, especially if the second wave does come to fruition. Menus might need to be pared down for the time being or in the future, and maybe they won't open all of the restaurants if they have to offer the same limited menus at so many places, which would further limit the options available to people on the dining plans. We don't know.

I fully agree they're playing it safe with their capacity allowances. But maybe they feel it really is better safe than sorry.

With DVC and FW being the first resorts to open--places where guests can prepare their own food, store groceries, etc., I'd be a little concerned about restaurants being closed or take-out only for a while. Crazy. But if they have to get the DVC's open ASAP, are not opening the daily resorts at the same time AND canceling all ADR's--I am sad to say it is also plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter