Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I cancelled a 2-night stay for mid-July on Wed. night. Didn't receive a cancellation email, but the money was refunded to the gift card I used by Thur. morning.

We also have an 8-night stay starting July 17th. I'm on team no mask, but it's a game of chicken for me as to whether they will cancel it or I will. I am going to need to go dark for a couple of months, because if we don't go and they reverse course on masks (unlikely) or it is not seriously enforced( somewhat likely), I am going to be somewhat upset. First world problems, I know, but needed to get it off my chest.

With DVC and FW being the first resorts to open--places where guests can prepare their own food, store groceries, etc., I'd be a little concerned about restaurants being closed or take-out only for a while. Crazy. But if they have to get the DVC's open ASAP, are not opening the daily resorts at the same time AND canceling all ADR's--I am sad to say it is also plausible.

There’s also a bunch of people who will be in studios where they technically could prepare food and dine but not in a way that most people would want to long term.

I think as long as they have guests coming on property they will have restaurant options for them. Now I think people may have to detach themselves from old expectations about where they want to eat at WDW, but there has to be something even at first. We can see at DS that some are open already.

I’m just hoping we can activate ours if APs are frozen. We plan to use them for September, December and April at least.
Yeah I'm with you one this one. Waiting as well to find out if AP's will be unfrozen and extended during the reduced capacity time frame. If I have to buy tickets at full cost for a much reduced park experience despite having an AP. I'm definitely out and will be cancelling my two DVC trips coming up in late July and mid December.

exactly! and they have every right to feel this way. If i was planning a once in a lifetime trip, i would be canceling as fast as i could.
Same and on hold to cancel - this was going to be our longest trip to date - July 14- August 3 - for DD middle school graduation - she missed out on everything this senior year, and this trip was supposed to take away some of the sting
😣😣

With DVC and FW being the first resorts to open--places where guests can prepare their own food, store groceries, etc., I'd be a little concerned about restaurants being closed or take-out only for a while. Crazy. But if they have to get the DVC's open ASAP, are not opening the daily resorts at the same time AND canceling all ADR's--I am sad to say it is also plausible.

Yup, one more possible reason they've rescinded the dining plans and free dining promos. We just don't know. I don't personally think they'll keep ALL restaurants closed, but they may not reopen everything. But at this point I've come to plan for and expect everything bad, so. :rotfl: At least then I'm pleasantly surprised when something good happens, and prepared if it doesn't? That's probably not healthy, lol.

I just think they had decent intentions (obviously it benefitted them, too) when they offered the free dining rebook promo a couple of months ago, but things are changing quickly, and now they're thinking they might not be able to deliver on that offer for one reason or another or twelve.

... According to Disney, only those who were cancelled by Disney get first dibs... 😕
I'm not so sure about that. My nephew rescheduled our trip a few days ago from the beginning of July to the end of July, before the crap hit the fan, yet I still received the email from Disney last night about the new registration system and our receiving early access to be able to create new reservations. I think just having a current reservation gives you dibs.

Oddly, I think what they've announced so far has made many angry, but intrigued others to think it might be a "pleasurable" experience.

I would totally go under the current set of restrictions (we have a RO discount at AKL for mid August booked prepandemic) but we will ultimately cancel because we don’t want to fly and it’s too far to drive. If I could drive I’d keep the trip.

I'm not so sure about that. My nephew rescheduled our trip a few days ago from the beginning of July to the end of July, before the crap hit the fan, yet I still received the email from Disney last night about the new registration system and our receiving early access to be able to create new reservations. I think just having a current reservation gives you dibs.

I think it might be the tickets, I have the email but I also have an AP plus regular tickets attached so I dont know if it’s just the AP that sparked the email.

I agree that it does seem like Disney is going way beyond what is required and are making things so onerous that many will cancel. It seems like they want people to cancel. We have been traveling the past week and were in Wisconsin Dells and Lake of the Ozarks. Things are very much back to normal for tourists in those places as well as other places along our route. Restaurants and attractions are open. You can sit where you want and with whoever you want. I’ve seen hardly anyone wearing a mask and while we have masks with us , we haven’t been required to wear them anywhere and would look out of place if we did. It will be hard to go from this “normal’ experience to one where masks and temperature checks are required everywhere and where we have no idea where or what we will be able to do or eat.

FWIW, I cancelled a 2-night stay for mid-July on Wed. night. Didn't receive a cancellation email, but the money was refunded to the gift card I used by Thur. morning.

We also have an 8-night stay starting July 17th. I'm on team no mask, but it's a game of chicken for me as to whether they will cancel it or I will. I am going to need to go dark for a couple of months, because if we don't go and they reverse course on masks (unlikely) or it is not seriously enforced( somewhat likely), I am going to be somewhat upset. First world problems, I know, but needed to get it off my chest.
I would wait until you see what incentives they offer for people willing to move their trips to 2021.

Someone told me that they read that all of these changes will be until the middle of next year? Is that true? Did anyone else read something similar? I just don’t know how they could plan for it to go on that long with how much things are changing constantly

The initial rumor had all ADRs and FPs cancelled through next september but in reality it appear what that meant was simply ALL current FPs and ADRs are gone period.

How long ADRs will be at 60 days and how long FPs will be suspended for we have no idea.

I think it might be the tickets, I have the email but I also have an AP plus regular tickets attached so I dont know if it’s just the AP that sparked the email.
Well this is from the Disney Blog:
  • New Ticket Sales and Hotel Reservations: At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make a theme park reservation before new tickets are sold; we will be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new sales of tickets and Disney Resort hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability.

Well this is from the Disney Blog:
  • New Ticket Sales and Hotel Reservations: At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make a theme park reservation before new tickets are sold; we will be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new sales of tickets and Disney Resort hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability.
My unofficial survey is that most people haven't received anything yet. Disney tends to roll major changes things out over a few days. If you don't hear anything by maybe Monday I'd start to wonder.

I would wait until you see what incentives they offer for people willing to move their trips to 2021.
That is part of the reason I'm holding off. It is unlikely we'll be able to go next year between kids' school, work, and an extended family vacation elsewhere, but it could be worth at least seeing what the offer is.

I agree that it does seem like Disney is going way beyond what is required and are making things so onerous that many will cancel. It seems like they want people to cancel. We have been traveling the past week and were in Wisconsin Dells and Lake of the Ozarks. Things are very much back to normal for tourists in those places as well as other places along our route. Restaurants and attractions are open. You can sit where you want and with whoever you want. I’ve seen hardly anyone wearing a mask and while we have masks with us , we haven’t been required to wear them anywhere and would look out of place if we did. It will be hard to go from this “normal’ experience to one where masks and temperature checks are required everywhere and where we have no idea where or what we will be able to do or eat.

I’d argue that throwing things back to normal is the other end of the spectrum and is not cautious enough. I can’t be the only one who saw Memorial Day crowd pictures I believe from Lake of the Ozarks.

Disney acting very cautiously increases my confidence in them by a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter