Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone with valid tickets and hotel stay NOT gotten an email yet? I know this particular email doesn't mean much, but it makes me nervous that if we don't receive this one, we won't receive more important emails down the line????
I haven't. I have AP, a resort stay in July and August, ADRs and FPs. And also my June cancellation email never came either. However I received emails for the AP update 3 weeks ago and I got emails for my previous 2 cancellations for March and May.

ETA: Also have DDP for my July and August trips.

I posted in the news thread but maybe useful here too

I received the e-mail this morning from Disney indicating how changes have happened that will impact my trip, etc. - and it indicated that because I had a trip scheduled and "valid theme park tickets" I will have access to the system before new tickets are sold to other guests

Interesting because my trip is not really impacted as I am not scheduled to check in until Sept 29th 2021 (so almost 1.5 years from now) and I don't have active tickets but I do have a non yet activated AP in my account

So seems like truly just based on "any resort stay" + "any already purchased ticket" is what is required - not only if your trip is directly impacted by changes this year
Wow. A year and a half? All due respect but why would you get that ahead of someone booked this summer? More bad work by Disney as far as I can tell. Really no way to spin that

Has anyone with valid tickets and hotel stay NOT gotten an email yet? I know this particular email doesn't mean much, but it makes me nervous that if we don't receive this one, we won't receive more important emails down the line????

July 15 - 20 and nothing yet.

Reactions: CJK

Everything you say regarding the facts about the reality of doing business in a pandemic is spot on. I get it. You are right. Actually when this all started I posted that they would be better off not opening at all this summer. So I get the safety needs.
BUT they should have closed down sales and not incentivized people to book with the free dining, only to remove it. I had pretty much already decided the limitations were going to be enough for us to cancel. But they were very foolish to think the way they were proceeding was going to engender customer satisfaction.
Do you think it will endanger guest satisfaction in the long run? I’m asking this not trying to make a point. I’m curious what the fallout will be and people’s opinion. As was already posted on here, Disney has a cult following. I agree with you skipping this summer may have been wiser. As an AP holder I don’t have any hotel reservations to cancel, just dining. But I get why people will cancel. If you want the whole experience it won’t be there. For me what they’ll offer will probably be enough as I can go back multiple times. I don’t envy them the huge task ahead of them trying to preserve the magic fir their guests during this time. Appreciated your post and opinion😀

my take is it went out to anyone that has an active MDE sign in. or at least those that have been active on it over the last 18 months. Mine came 12 hours after most
Could be. The email told me I have priority access to the new park reservation system since I have tickets linked in MDE (I don't).

It is going to be fascinating come July to see where they are in relation to the rest of the country and other parks and entertainment venues. With Disney being so large and not being able to react quickly is going to create some interesting situations and possibly hurt them. With trends and data continuing like they are and learning much more everyday about the risks.

It is looking like most everything will be close to back to normal (in phase 3 or 4 or higher) by then in a majority of states. Texas is already allowing fans in stadiums for outdoor pro sports at 25% starting next week and by July that will be much higher and many more states.

Disney being conservative probably did cause them to be caught off guard once things started showing improvement. The plans we are see announced now were be devised over a month ago when we didn’t know that much as we do now. That is when there were a significant amount of people thinking the parks would not open till next year. The plans made sense then, but in a month and a half it will look quaint.

Disney will have to change and relax the procedures outlined because they won’t get many to come to the parks when there are many other options with no restrictions. the good part relaxing and adding back things like fireworks, parades can be done overnight. With the communication lacking and now cancelling everything and setting up a new IT system, thinks are not looking great in Disney from a customers perspective.
It's also possible that some states are being reckless with reopening an that will cause problems. I'm fine with the steps Disney is taking. If there was a huge outbreak of COVID that could be traced to Disney, it would be a disaster for the company. The state of Texas has no such concerns.

Haven’t gotten anything- June 21-25 trip.

Reactions: CJK
I think Disney is also going this route on the chance this flares back up in the fall, they may be able to remain open since they’ll already have these restrictions in place, while UO and all the lesser theme parks will have to close again. With the major restrictions Disney is instituting, they’re not going to just cancel them overnight. These are here to stay for quite a while and I really think they’re looking down the road to the second wave.

UO has the same restrictions in place for June 5th, why would they need to close when Disney wouldn't

With the communication lacking and now cancelling everything and setting up a new IT system, thinks are not looking great in Disney from a customers perspective.
Thanks for that Capt Obvious! Just kidding and I agree with your post. I already said it a few times but communication isn't only lacking, it's changing by the day which I guess bothers me as this is my 2nd or 3rd post about it. Seems like they put a presser out and someone says "oh no, that's not what we meant to imply", then they change the wording or the message. It just reeks of complete chaos and disorganization. Yep, definitely not a good look, at least in my eyes.

Wow. A year and a half? All due respect but why would you get that ahead of someone booked this summer? More bad work by Disney as far as I can tell. Really no way to spin that

No idea - I assume it was automatic irrespective of when the vacation dates were ... Why they are coming out in the order they are I have no idea. I did go through a TA so maybe going through by "group" first?

Yea Disney seems lost and everything they are doing is strange and seems pointless...

Disagree. Eveything they are doing makes sense. The old systems were not going to work right now. Planning things 180 days out. Right now hard to know what things will look like in 2 weeks. It looks to me like they have a plan to roll out these new systems between now and July 11th and we may see it is going to take till July 11th to get all this rolled out.

Not a word yet.
All I have gotten for our June 27 check-in (that is now going to be cancelled as it was at POR) is a late payment notice. My final payment was due yesterday....ha!

We have a free dining package from when it originally came out.

Got the email. I am over this. Sorry. I just want to cancel but of course my reservation with Davids starts the day WDW opens in July so I am out of luck with getting my money back or a credit for future use. I have no desire to go at all. Our original trip in April was supposed to be my oldest DD’s graduation trip, there is not even a remote chance it will look anything like we had planned. I am sad with how this has all shaken out. We have done a Disney vacation every year (sometimes twice a year) for over a decade. In the last 5 years I have accepted all the new changes, up-charges, scheduling more, purchasing extra experiences etc and still was loyal. I even justified things Disney started to charge more for! But this whole experience has left me really hung out to dry. We have APs, 3rd party tickets, after hours party tickets, cake reservations and rented DVC points. In all we are out thousands of dollars; most of which is non refundable and which my vacation insurance will not cover. I know this isn’t as important as the grand scheme of things but we planned this trip with extended family for 2 years in advance and I don’t want to go the week they open up, with masks, half of an experience, no FP and not all parks open to celebrate my DD’s senior year which, lets be honest, is a disaster already. I wish I could get some money back but looks like we are out of luck on all accounts. I know I will get hate, but I am done with Disney for a long while. I just need a break. Maybe I’ll feel different in a few years. Who knows but for now I don’t feel like loyalty has been rewarded. I don’t feel like they were honest with their plans at all and even now, I still feel like there is a smoke screen. I see a lot of camping in my future. Lol. (Also, as a side note I have learned my lesson and I will never rent points ever again).
I'd be sick to my stomach.Hugs to you....

They do, but the boats aren't necessary. People can walk from the hotels to CityWalk. Disney has boats, buses, monorails, gondolas and more boats. It's impossible to get from some of the hotels to the parks without taking Disney transport

And it’s so spread out. I can approach UO the same way I approach DLR. The logistics at WDW are rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter