Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have gotten some details. Boats and monorails will run at limited capacity. The park hours also indicate staggered openings to help with transportation. More details likely won’t come until disney announcing the reservation system.

Apparently I missed the boats and monorails. No busses? When do you expect details on the reservation system?

So just for fun, have a little running list now of other posters in the same position as me. So far we're booked at YC, BC, AoA, and POFQ...all valid packages (resort + tix) and all received the same email (with no mention of any first access to the new park reservation system), all booked between post-opening July thru Nov. Originally thought it might have more to do with our resorts potentially not being open and Disney waiting to gauge capacity closer to our dates to see if we could still go. However, BC has DVC so it should be open anyway, right?? So now maybe what we all have in common is simply not being paid in full yet on our packages (??) Well just color me an Arendelle aqua shade of confused! 🤪

I’m not paid in full on my package and my email DID include the part about first access, so I don’t think that’s it.

Apparently I missed the boats and monorails. No busses? When do you expect details on the reservation system?
Sometimes I think Disney silence on something becomes "proof" it's not happening. And after 50 pages, suddenly we don't remember the source is literally nothing.

I think they've said little to nothing about the busses so far. It just seems reasonable to assume they'll have them given certain facts like staggered opens, but they just haven't confirmed it. Technically they still haven't confirmed any resorts open either (other than FW and DVC)

Coronado Springs seems like a safe "closed" assumption given the NBA rumors and lack of availability before they stopped taking reservations.
Also the NBA has used Coronado Springs for the NBA Jr. Worlds before, so they have a semblance of layout for team meeting areas, practice areas, etc. Was definitely interesting our trip when they were there, but fun too!

So everyone who has tickets or APs can reserve parks before people with resort reservations. Even people with tickets who haven't booked trips yet? Say they were cancelled in June, have tickets, and decide to book later in the year (October or something)- they can reserve the park before someone who actually has a resort reservation in October but no tickets?
Do people wait to buy tickets so close to trips?

So essentially people who stay off-site later in the year may be able to get in the parks while people who stay on-site can't because they are unable to buy tickets at the moment.

Maybe this will push more people off-site? I wonder.

oh hey! I posted on page 1000!!!
:D
Yep. Like I said earlier this included with no 60 day FP, no emh and probably limited transportation has me wondering why you would stay onsite. What is the value?

If you think how they're deploying Stormtroopers at DS, character interaction is going to be from elevated / separated locations where people can see but no way a kid or anybody can just rush up anyway and try and touch em.

That is how they are doing it now at Shanghai too - like a bunch of them are up at the train station and waving back to people and interacting that way, from a distance

Pure speculation, but my spidey sense tells me that they're not going to de-incentivize people staying on site. I'll bet resort guests will get first crack at park reservations and they'll be done in a way to maximize their chances of getting consecutive days. No one is making a 7 day trip and staying on site if they can only get in the parks for 3 days...

Has anyone with a July trip booked not received an email? We had a package trip booked June 12 - never received the cancel email (although I am full aware it's canceled), and we have a cabin booked at FW for 7/13-7/16 and have not received the email everyone else is getting. I don't like this.

I have a cabin at FW booked for June 21-27 and also July 11-20. I have tickets. I haven't received any emails at all, other than some dining reservations after I cancelled them myself. On MDE all of my lodging reservations show up. All FP's were cancelled. All dining were cancelled except Yak and Yeti and Be Our Guest. I had read that some 3rd party restaurants might be valid, so perhaps that's why the Yak and Yeti are still there. But, that doesn't explain why BOG remains.

Pure speculation, but my spidey sense tells me that they're not going to de-incentivize people staying on site. I'll bet resort guests will get first crack at park reservations and they'll be done in a way to maximize their chances of getting consecutive days. No one is making a 7 day trip and staying on site if they can only get in the parks for 3 days...

Yeah, I would think with how they have stopped taking new reservations and after people cancel due to restrictions there will be a low enough number of people staying on property that you would likely be able to get into a park each day of your trip (maybe not first choice but one of the parks). I think it will be much more challenging for people not staying on property

Guess I see it like trying to get a FP for Flight of Passage - if staying on property and you got to book 60 days out from your check in day you have a really good shot of being able to get a FP for it - maybe not the exact day/exact time you want but something. If staying off property you have some chance but much less. I expect odds to be similar here

All of my in park dining remains as does dining at the monorail resorts.

I wonder if this ties into earlier rumors about monorail resorts opening first. I wonder if Beach Club despite its easy access to parks won’t open initially.

Or maybe I’m over thinking it.

All of my in park dining remains as does dining at the monorail resorts.

I wonder if this ties into earlier rumors about monorail resorts opening first. I wonder if Beach Club despite its easy access to parks won’t open initially.

Or maybe I’m over thinking it.
I think you're overthinking it ;)

I only just started seeing my ADR disappear late last night and they are still slowly starting to fall off. I am staying at Contemporary in August and lost a couple ADRs from that stay this morning.

There are CPs scheduled to arrive throughout August. My own opinion is that they won't have CPs until after the first of the year (if then) due to issues with that many young adults living at one place (same situation as college dorms), and they need to get all their FT and PT working before they bring in CPs. CPs are not the majority of staffing. They may be the majority of closing shifts, but they're less than 10% of the Disney work force. There's talk in this thread of multiple hotels not opening, water parks/mini golf not opening, shortened transportation... all of those people can be redeployed into parks and the hotels that are open. I just don't see Disney needing CPs for awhile.
If they end up like what has been said by Chapek and close some resorts like maybe the All Stars...then they could use one of those resorts to give CP's a room each till things get better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter