Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't Soarin just sit every two seats?
The whole soarin ride system is risky though the way each row is raised above the next row. If someone above you coughs with it... dodgy. Especially if they have lowered their masks so they can smell the fragrance better. Although the fragrances are water vapour so maybe they wont be in use either - anywhere on site?

At this point with the amount of things that could feasibly be closed, I want to ask, what do we think will be open in terms of attractions? I feel like all I'm seeing is possible reasons for nearly every attraction being shut down 😂

Not sure if anyone saw this but apparently Disney will start AP payment plans as soon as the parks reopen. View attachment 498025
Which means when are parks opened? For Shanghai the parks still aren’t actually open. The riot Disney will have from AP holders would be epic if they forced payments to start while blocking them from accessing the parks and from the perks of their pass. They have already notified AP holders they will be limited to how much they can visit during the phased opening so I SUSPECT payments won’t start again until they are “really” open.

At this point with the amount of things that could feasibly be closed, I want to ask, what do we think will be open in terms of attractions? I feel like all I'm seeing is possible reasons for nearly every attraction being shut down 😂

I think surprisingly few things will be closed. Parades and fireworks are the issue because you can't reasonably manage the social distancing, but almost every attraction has some way it can be incorporated.

Replying late here but I don't believe I've ever received an email from WDW with a qualifying link. Seems they know who has free dining an will adjust accordingly. No email here and all my dining still shows. I'm just watching MDE.
I thought sign ups were sent out via email for the SWGE preview for APs, so if they do something similar for the park soft opening, I didn’t want to miss it.

The whole soarin ride system is risky though the way each row is raised above the next row. If someone above you coughs with it... dodgy. Especially if they have lowered their masks so they can smell the fragrance better. Although the fragrances are water vapour so maybe they wont be in use either - anywhere on site?
I saw a dr on TV talking about people screaming on coasters passing droplets to people behind them. There is just so much speculation on transmission to really be sure about safety anywhere

it’s really changing to a scenario where one has to accept that you are at least going to be exposed and at worst get it. If you are not concerned that it may affect you, or anyone you may pass it to then take the prescribed precautions and hope for the best. I myself just not willing to do that but no judgement on anyone who feels different

None of my ADRs are cancelled. I arrive at BWV on July 11th. I’m wondering if they are going to stay, because I am in the 60 day window. Any thoughts?

Edit - I have tickets and resort reservation
We arrive July 5th at SSR (DVC points) and most of my ADRs have disappeared

I saw a dr on TV talking about people screaming on coasters passing droplets to people behind them. There is just so much speculation on transmission to really be sure about safety anywhere

it’s really changing to a scenario where one has to accept that you are at least going to be exposed and at worst get it. If you are not concerned that it may affect you, or anyone you may pass it to then take the prescribed precautions and hope for the best. I myself just not willing to do that but no judgement on anyone who feels different

But everyone will all have masks on!
:)

Hi, I am from MA and currently trying to figure out if my August trip is going to happen. I've been keeping up with the thread but can't seem to remember if the 35% off is toward the entire package or simply takes off from the room rate, could someone remind me if they can? Thank you guys

I read another poster put a CM said if you were at a resort that was closed your reservation would be canceled . I hope not- some pure speculation from others is POR and FQ will be closed. I am FQ. Another poster said TA said we would be moved. After trying since March to go, I hope they do not just cancel me.

I know this has probably been hashed over a thousand times already but after so much reading this is how I think booking a new trip would go?
You first need to use the new system to book a resort and park tickets, but then you still need to reserve parks as well? I guess what I'm getting at is what if there is no or extremely limited availability?
Maybe I'm recalling it wrong but I seem to remember you had to have a park ticket before you can make park reservations, would those tickets have to be paid in full or would just a deposit suffice I wonder?
I guess we'll have to wait for the new system to come out to know for sure but I don't think I'd want to buy any tickets or resort reservations not knowing if I'll get the parks I want when I want.
You are right it does say you have to have a ticket to be considered for a reservation but it also says it doesn’t guarantee a particular park so if you plan on star wars at HS your ressie May be granted for Epcot! That and the part where you may not get all your park day’s do refunds will be made on days left on tickets scares me! Disney setup this system of planning and organizing months in advance and now they seem to be deconstructing it on a whim! When people plan and save and schedule sometimes a year out they shouldn’t be asked to just throw their plans away on Disney’s whim! And just to clarify I am south Florida and DVC have never bought a ticket ahead of arrival so I stand to loose ion my October reservation!

Hi, I am from MA and currently trying to figure out if my August trip is going to happen. I've been keeping up with the thread but can't seem to remember if the 35% off is toward the entire package or simply takes off from the room rate, could someone remind me if they can? Thank you guys and I hope

If you qualify for the 35% offer, it would come off the room rate.

I read another poster put a CM said if you were at a resort that was closed your reservation would be canceled . I hope not- some pure speculation from others is POR and FQ will be closed. I am FQ. Another poster said TA said we would be moved. After trying since March to go, I hope they do not just cancel me.

We don't have confirmation on what Disney will do in these situations yet. It is likely that they would move people versus outright canceling reservations as long as capacity at open resorts allows.

If you qualify for the 35% offer, it would come off the room rate.

We don't have confirmation on what Disney will do in these situations yet. It is likely that they would move people versus outright canceling reservations as long as capacity at open resorts allows.
Agreed just going by what they have said vaguely to date

If Disney were going to nitpick every ride possibility and every possible droplet possibility, they just plainly wouldnt open. These things are going to happen. People arent hocking loogies off of soarin trying to hit the row below them.

This is exactly what I am worried about (also FQ in Sept with tickets) 😬
Gonna cross my fingers and hope that mystery TA is right!

My TA also said that we would just be moved

I thought sign ups were sent out via email for the SWGE preview for APs, so if they do something similar for the park soft opening, I didn’t want to miss it.
Yeah I was an AP during that time but still didn’t receive that email. I thought eligibility for that was done through MDE? We were luckily enough to sign up and go but it wasn’t because of any email. Feels forever ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter