Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. It is frustrating to feel uninformed when other agencies are informed. We are smaller so maybe we don't rate. I'm hoping the info is true since we are booked at ASM in late July. I'll take SSR or OKW over ASM any day. 8-)

Fellow TA here ( :wave2:) - it's not official until it's official. Word-of-mouth from a DSM is not an official announcement from Disney and, particularly in these times, should be taken with a grain of salt. We were given, what turned out to be, inaccurate info from our DSM just a few weeks ago (it was probably accurate at the time, but the situation changed). Until it's in writing, I wouldn't bet on it nor would I advise my clients on it. I, personally, wouldn't tell a client they are being switched from Pop to DVC, with the caveat that that's subject to change . . . . "oh, surprise, you aren't being moved from Pop after all" will not go over well if Disney changes their minds (unless the client loves Pop and didn't want the upgrade!)

Fellow TA here ( :wave2:) - it's not official until it's official. Word-of-mouth from a DSM is not an official announcement from Disney and, particularly in these times, should be taken with a grain of salt. We were given, what turned out to be, inaccurate info from our DSM just a few weeks ago (it was probably accurate at the time, but the situation changed). Until it's in writing, I wouldn't bet on it nor would I advise my clients on it. I, personally, wouldn't tell a client they are being switched from Pop to DVC, with the caveat that that's subject to change . . . . "oh, surprise, you aren't being moved from Pop after all" will not go over well if Disney changes their minds (unless the client loves Pop and didn't want the upgrade!)

Thanks for sharing your information and experience! It does appear we have two confirmed moves from a value and mod to AKL, which I do think is interesting given the info.

Not that it confirms anything, but maybe It is a hint that AKL Jambo could be one they would use as its open and has regular deluxe rooms, if they follow through with the plan.

Citywalk isn’t allowing anyone in past 7 now because of the riots.

At this point, I think the parks are more concerned about the prospect of riots than a virus. If it’s not one thing it’s another!

I think a lot of us just feel like throwing our hands up and saying forget a vacation in Orlando at all! 😔
No. They are closing so their people can get home before the 10pm curfew starts. There is plenty of security to squash riots, looting, protests on the private property of UO and Disney. But their employees need to be safe getting home.

Hi Everyone - I made travel plans to visit Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach on Friday, July 17th. I reserved loungers and purchased tickets for this day. I got lucky when they announced that they would be reopening Disney parks on July 11th, however they never mentioned there water park openings. I did call them today to confirm if Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard would be open because my reservations never got canceled, despite all my dining reservations did. The CM said not to make alternative plans cause their system is showing Typhoon and Blizzard opening July 11th. For some reason I feel this isn’t true, despite the CM telling me so. Has anyone else heard this when they called? I guess I would feel better if I saw it in writing. I’m coming to Orlando to hit all the major water parks and I can still add on a extra day to Volcano Bay or Aquatica before its to late. Just need reassurance - anyone know for certain? 😕
There was a leak CMs have been told Disney is focusing on opening Theme Parks now, not the water parks. Unknown if this will still be their position in a couple weeks. Can you make refundable plans for both? That would be my move.

I understand what you are saying and you are right, if it were to happen, it would be a huge upgrade. That said, these are unprecedented times and sometimes drastic measures need to be taken. What alternative would you suggest if Disney is only opening DVC resorts? Would you say that everyone at a value or moderate resort has to have their vacation cancelled and deluxe reservations would be upgraded to DVC because only 1 category upgrade should be allowed?

I worked for a large airline for many years at the gate. I often had to upgrade people because I needed the seat they would be vacating. Sometimes those upgrades had to be double upgrades from the lowest coach fare to first class on an international flight. Was it fair to the other people in first class who paid for their seats? No, it wasn't but sometimes special circumstances require more drastic measures. I would consider these times special circumstances.

Yes this is a frequent airline thing too.

People pay all sorts of different prices for the same seats to begin with, and despite all the annoying fees airlines have, they do sometimes upgrade people for free when they need their seat.

Anyone who gives this an ounce of thought on their actual vacation is only going to end up ruining their own fun.

It’s a weird time to go to Disney, and it’s hard to plan a vacation there right now especially when there’s that little voice in the back of our minds going “it’s still Disney!”. I know you have made a lot of concessions on what your breaking point is as this has gone on in attempts to salvage your trip, and I hope if you decide to postpone it you end up happier for it. And same if you wind up going.

I mean that genuinely, by the way.
DH wants to maybe still go b/c DS (2) will love it even with all the things that will be cut down. Maybe I just need to take a break from all the “insider” info b/c DH doesn’t read any of that & is just thinking about what DS will enjoy (like a normal person lol).

DH wants to maybe still go b/c DS (2) will love it even with all the things that will be cut down. Maybe I just need to take a break from all the “insider” info b/c DH doesn’t read any of that & is just thinking about what DS will enjoy (like a normal person lol).

That last part what DS will enjoy (like a normal person lol).

If you and your loved ones are going to have a blast go for it! Up to everyone to decide for themselves

The hole Disney is digging is getting deeper and deeper. "Guest recovery" is not going to go well for them and I think that sentiment is going to last for years.

I think disney knows this. Its a calculated decision. They would rather have cash now and keep their stock and balance sheets looking ok as long as possible even if it upsets people. They have sold this "strong brand" to to shareholders. They are assuming they can upset you now, but you will still go back and book later when things are more normal. Totally explains their lack of clarity, they just want to keep reservations and cash on the books as long as possible. Their need for cash and reservations on the books is more important to the company than customer service temporaily. They can do tons of customer service and try to get that magic back later, but thats not their goal at the moment or even for a while here until capacity is back to normal.

PS unlike some websites, the DIS’ search function rarely comes up short. Incase anyone doesn’t know, you can search individual threads and find things really quick!

You don’t have something like a flight putting a clock on your decision, right? A break can’t hurt, and the handy news without tangents and speculation thread will be there when you want it!

I added my normal DH to one of the WDW Facebook groups and he is amazed that there are so many people like this out there (you know, like his wife 😂).
No b/c we booked through SW & will use the credits to go somewhere. Plus most of the flights are booked on points so I can cancel.

When it comes to Disney, you get what you pay for. If I am paying a premium price for premium accommodations, I should get that and the exclusivity to boot.

You might get the deluxe resort..........and the person directly next to you also gets the deluxe resort but they paid for all star music! talk about an upgrade sorry the all star music is closed due to the virus, we are placing you in the Grand Floridian instead

I understand what you are saying and you are right, if it were to happen, it would be a huge upgrade. That said, these are unprecedented times and sometimes drastic measures need to be taken. What alternative would you suggest if Disney is only opening DVC resorts? Would you say that everyone at a value or moderate resort has to have their vacation cancelled and deluxe reservations would be upgraded to DVC because only 1 category upgrade should be allowed?

I worked for a large airline for many years at the gate. I often had to upgrade people because I needed the seat they would be vacating. Sometimes those upgrades had to be double upgrades from the lowest coach fare to first class on an international flight. Was it fair to the other people in first class who paid for their seats? No, it wasn't but sometimes special circumstances require more drastic measures. I would consider these times special circumstances.
No of course I don’t want their vacation cancelled. I want everyone to have a wonderful time.
Disney should refund the difference for what I paid for my room and what they are paying for their room. Doesn’t that seem fair for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter