Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the rumors thread, right? I would have thought it was a safe place to share but people have completely run away with it as fact which has derailed what this thread is about.

I have no problem with rumors being shared. I have a problem with TA’s disseminating information they aren’t supposed to.

The real problem though is with people take a rumor they like, turn it into a sure thing, then complain when it doesn’t happen.

I think there is too much hearsay going on in here last night and this morning . While the DVC plan very well could be the plan that gets instituted, by talking about it so forcefully (as if it’s the set in stone plan by Disney) we’re going to start confusing people and unnecessarily worrying and upsetting people. While it’s fine to discuss the rumored plan, we shouldn’t be talking in absolutes, like some were late last night. I really don’t think we’ll get a full statement from Disney until later in June (as they don’t need to announce anything this far out from opening).
DVC resorts at WDW open in 3 weeks. We don't even have a picture as to what's offered or not offered at those resort locations yet, since in part they're still trying to assess staffing across the board with the Unions being notified just over the weekend. Depending on how many come back could very well affect staffing possibility for any of those amenities (or lack thereof).

I don't know, but doesn't that seem a little late given that the a few parks are opening on July 11 ? I know I wouldn't want less than two weeks to decide if it would be worth it for me to fly down to Orlando (or drive) if the majority of the attractions in MK were closed
I agree but I also wouldn’t be shocked if that info isn’t fully spelled out before reopening. WDW is very much “buyer beware” at this point. But I hope I’m wrong and we get an attraction breakdown at some point.

I don't know, but doesn't that seem a little late given that the a few parks are opening on July 11 ? I know I wouldn't want less than two weeks to decide if it would be worth it for me to fly down to Orlando (or drive) if the majority of the attractions in MK were closed

Did universal post a list of what all would be open and closed?

I have no problem with rumors being shared. I have a problem with TA’s disseminating information they aren’t supposed to.

The real problem though is with people take a rumor they like, turn it into a sure thing, then complain when it doesn’t happen.

Which is why disney has been do quiet through this whole thing. Any kind of statment like "this is what we think we are going to do but it might change" would have beeen taken as fact.

Thanks for sharing your information and experience! It does appear we have two confirmed moves from a value and mod to AKL, which I do think is interesting given the info.

Not that it confirms anything, but maybe It is a hint that AKL Jambo could be one they would use as its open and has regular deluxe rooms, if they follow through with the plan.

Oh, you’re so welcome! Happy to contribute real, on the ground info of what goes on when you are an Earmarked TA.

The post you are referring to was posted last Thursday before announcements were made and the reservation system was shut down. The poster was referring to upgrades that happened in the past and were not made in relation to current circumstances. Past upgrades give us zero indication of what WDW is doing in terms of resort operations when they reopen. If guests were starting to get resort change emails or calls last week, these boards would be swamped with posts. We’ve seen none of that. Nothing is official until it’s official.

This is an interesting rumor. Was there also not an semi-official rumor that all opened resorts would have Table and Quick service dining options? If so they pretty much have to open the Non DVC side of many resorts to accommodate this. AKL Kidani for example has no Quick service and BCV has no intrinsic dining options of any type.

Oh, you’re so welcome! Happy to contribute real, on the ground info of what goes on when you are an Earmarked TA.

The post you are referring to was posted last Thursday before announcements were made and the reservation system was shut down. The poster was referring to upgrades that happened in the past and were not made in relation to current circumstances. Past upgrades give us zero indication of what WDW is doing in terms of resort operations when they reopen. If guests were starting to get resort change emails or calls last week, these boards would be swamped with posts. We’ve seen none of that. Nothing is official until it’s official.

Shoot. i still show I have the free dining package.

Update on ADR disappearing since thats always a fun game to play. Lost my Dinner in Cinderellas Castle and Ogas today. For July14th trip

Not unexpected. Only thing remaining personally is Savi's Lightsaber

Are indoor shows happening at Universal?

They have new big banners up at the new stunt show that almost opened before the parks shut, not sure.

At least Olivander's wand show (indoor show) is going on, but looks like they are doing reservations is going on and this only took a small group in anyway.

The meet and greets have them on raised stages set up in the park:

We don't know if they're doing that or not.. members have the option to use their points on short notice. Say there was a run on DVC rooms by owners; what would Disney do for the confirmed cash reservations that they are intending to move to DVC properties? I don't see Disney playing that game.

Most DVC points stays are not last minute, as villas not reserved via points can be released for cash bookings 60 days out. Members know that once you’re 60 days out, any villa can be released for cash booking.

There is actually a specific tab on DVC’s member site that shows you what, if any, villas are available to book with points with less than 60 days notice.

This is a well known aspect about owning DVC. No one expects last minute stays due to villas being released for cash 60 days out.

Why would you care though? You booked where you wanted to stay. Anyone being moved is not given a choice and would be done so based on staffing or safety concerns not to just give them something for free. People gotta stop with trying to make everything a one for one here. If you were upgraded to a one bedroom upon arrival should everyone who paid for a one bedroom be upset? Of course not. They’re already getting what they agreed to, why should they want more or to take it away from others?

Exactly. And if the rumor is true that some non-DVC reservations are being moved into DVC, I suspect that there will be quite a few DVC reservations that end up being upgraded and you likely won’t know until arrival.

During our June 2018 trip, we had a 2 BR BW view reserved and we were upgraded to a Grand Villa. This was probably done to make room for others requesting other 2 BR reservations.

I can assure you weren’t complaining about the upgrade.
I can assure you,

Is there a chance that this was misunderstood and that they meant that people would be transferred to resorts that have DVC and not that they would get DVC rooms? That makes a lot more sense. I can not see them taking up a lot of extra DVC rooms, but can certainly see them putting people in unused rooms at properties that contain DVC.

Very possible that is what they will do,

This is an interesting rumor. Was there also not an semi-official rumor that all opened resorts would have Table and Quick service dining options? If so they pretty much have to open the Non DVC side of many resorts to accommodate this. AKL Kidani for example has no Quick service and BCV has no intrinsic dining options of any type.

They could open restaurants and stores without accommodating resort side guests, could they not? There are a couple mixed use resorts where the main buildings/lobbies would have to open anyways in order to open DVC.

To me it seems like it would make sense to open the mixed use resorts fully as you’re having to staff them already due to DVC opening, but if they’re planning on keeping literally everything closed besides DVC and FW they could still do restaurants.

Exactly. And if the rumor is true that some non-DVC reservations are being moved into DVC, I suspect that there will be quite a few DVC reservations that end up being upgraded and you likely won’t know until arrival.

During our June 2018 trip, we had a 2 BR BW view reserved and we were upgraded to a Grand Villa. This was probably done to make room for others requesting other 2 BR reservations.

I can assure you weren’t complaining about the upgrade.
I can assure you,

As long as we are not downgraded our points or chosen room, I am just happy to have a Disney vacation!

Is there a chance that this was misunderstood and that they meant that people would be transferred to resorts that have DVC and not that they would get DVC rooms? That makes a lot more sense. I can not see them taking up a lot of extra DVC rooms, but can certainly see them putting people in unused rooms at properties that contain DVC.
This logic makes sense to me (but what do I know?!?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter