Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a similar situation. I booked the free dining recovery deal but have an AP and so I don't want or need the tickets. Keep us updated with what you find out about getting rid of the tickets. When I talked to a CM last week she told me the same thing, that no modifications could be made right now, but she added that she thought it wouldn't be a problem to ditch the tickets. I guess we shall see...
I know in the past under normal circumstances I've asked about switching from a package to room only and was told that it would have to be done by canceling the package and booking a new room only reservation. I was told they are separate systems (they also have very different reservation #s). Hopefully they can make exceptions or at least make accommodations so it's essentially the same. My concern would be that a new reservation could move us to the end of the line for park and dining reservations, etc. or that the discount could be off current rack rates which may be higher than when we booked last August. It would also be nice to know what portion of our package is ticket and what is room at this point, but when I tried to have that broken down for me last year (to know how much would go towards upgrading to an Annual Pass), they weren't able to tell me.

Does anyone happen to know when we should be seeing refunds for prepaid, cancelled reservations? Has anyone seen refunds yet?
I have a cabana rental I paid upfront for, it's gone in MDE but I haven't seen a refund show up yet.
I haven't received a refund for my Dining Plans yet.

But, as you pointed out, the information I get from her, as we move forward should not have been shared here...and it wont be.. only did it because it was given to actually clients, and whether people agree with how TAs choose to communicate with them, it was me, not her as a TA, that made the choice.

Just to clarify- I don’t have a problem at all with information being shared here. I’ve said that. The only problem I see is with people taking it as gospel, when it’s clear it’s not official. But that’s true of any rumor posted and that’s on those who choose to do that.

Quite honestly, if a TA had shared this with me, I probably would’ve posted it too. My issue is with them sharing it with guests when it’s not confirmed, but if they choose to do it, then reposting is fair game.

Our pirates dessert voyage disappeared a few days ago but no refund on our card yet. I imagine the credit might be slow to show up but who knows....
My package reservation disappeared immediately when I cancelled it, but the refund took about 3 days to come through on my CC.

Mine still exists and they (and others) are still accepting OT bookings.
Anything booked through Disney will be cancelled. You can always rebook through OT if available.

It’s going to go great. Everyone loves free upgrades.
Everyone except the people who paid full price for the same experience LOL

I know in the past under normal circumstances I've asked about switching from a package to room only and was told that it would have to be done by canceling the package and booking a new room only reservation. I was told they are separate systems (they also have very different reservation #s). Hopefully they can make exceptions or at least make accommodations so it's essentially the same. My concern would be that a new reservation could move us to the end of the line for park and dining reservations, etc. or that the discount could be off current rack rates which may be higher than when we booked last August. It would also be nice to know what portion of our package is ticket and what is room at this point, but when I tried to have that broken down for me last year (to know how much would go towards upgrading to an Annual Pass), they weren't able to tell me.
Yeah, that might be the case. My reservation hasn't been changed yet, but I noticed that's it's noted as a hotel package on the reservations that have been changed and that could complicate the situation. No harm in trying. If I can't get rid of the tickets I'll use the tickets in some way at a later date, but it would be nice to get rid of them now.

I’m having trouble keeping up with this thread. No matter how many times I check it, I stay about 100 pages behind. 😂
For those of us who have tickets, do we know when we get to start making reservations for parks? Will we get to make ADRs again once we have reserved a park day? We have a trip booked in August and I keep thinking I’ve missed the new instructions.
Real news like that will be posted here by our mod.

Just speculating about ROTR (and Disney) right?

Probably unpopular opinion, I think RotR should remain closed until it can be run fully. That one blurs the line too much between pre-show and part of the attraction.
Yeah nothing confirmed. I don't see why they couldn't do the pre shows with Rise. Just let less people in each room. I certainly didn't feel crowded in any of the rooms like I do in say Haunted Mansion.

Thank you. It read to me that the upgrades were recent. But I’ll investigate further to be sure of it is in the Past as I don’t want to promote wrong information.

But, as I said, I learned my lesson that sharing info, even coming from a Disney rep, subject to change, was a mistake.

This is the rumors thread, right? I would have thought it was a safe place to share but people have completely run away with it as fact which has derailed what this thread is about.

The problem is, it was presented as fact on this thread and on the resorts thread. It was stated as fact and then, as the posts continued, caveats such as "subject to change" were finally thrown in but not before people took it as fact and it spiraled into fights about DVC, discounts and people fantasizing about their ASSp to DVC villa upgrades. IMHO, we really need to stick to rumors here. People are upset and frustrated enough as it is and Disney has been less than transparent with both guests and TAs. Coming onto a rumors board and stating something as fact is not helpful, IMHO.

Just speculating about ROTR (and Disney) right?

Probably unpopular opinion, I think RotR should remain closed until it can be run fully. That one blurs the line too much between pre-show and part of the attraction.
Having never been able to ride it due to being cancelled in March, I would never do it for the first time without the full experience. I think this one, with its reliability issues stands a good chance of not being open. Honestly, I think all of SWL is at risk. Mine is not a popular opinion either.;)

Everyone except the people who paid full price for the same experience LOL

Do people seriously not realize this has always gone on? DVC resorts in particular will have people have all sorts of different amounts.

Rack rate, discounted rack rate (sometimes very heavy discounts), point rentals, owners on their own points, and possibly even people being comped/upgraded. It can swing by hundreds and hundreds of dollars a night.

Sharing it here was MY big mistake...not my friends. I thought it was the purpose for this forum and yes, it did come from a rep with Disney, with the caveat, everything is subject to change, which I have shared.

But, as you pointed out, the information I get from her, as we move forward should not have been shared here...and it wont be.. only did it because it was given to actually clients, and whether people agree with how TAs choose to communicate with them, it was me, not her as a TA, that made the choice.
I appreciate you adding this information. I'm now considering trying to move my DVC reservation to a different resort because of it. Thank you!

With BCV being almost an entirely self-contained property, except the front desk, they really don't have to open BC.

The two parks that wouldn't require transportation aren't the two that had last week's plans opening first, though.
Someone said their DVC dues at BCV go towards maintaining SAB. Depending on how accurate that is and how the contracts are written maybe they do end up having to open SAB.

Having never been able to ride it due to being cancelled in March, I would never do it for the first time without the full experience. I think this one, with its reliability issues stands a good chance of not being open. Honestly, I think all of SWL is at risk. Mine is not a popular opinion either.;)
I don't see why all of SWGE would be at risk. Falcon is no different than many other attractions. They likely won't combine parties in a cabin for that. So if you are a party of 2 you get the whole cabin.

The rest of the land is pretty expansive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter