Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone takes what is posted on a rumors thread as facts, that's on them. I don't want to see people to stop putting rumors here because others take them for more than what they are.

When people state rumors as facts on this thread (and on the resorts thread, BTW) and then actually link to other posts and, incorrectly, use them to try to support their "facts", I take issue with that. The poster who did this already admitted they made a mistake and that is appreciated. I'm not advocating that anyone should stop posting rumors on this thread. Any actual facts posted should come from official Disney sources and links to official sources (DTA or DPB) should be provided. Hearsay from a TA friend who heard it from a DSM is not fact at this point in time. But you have a point, everything posted here should be taken with a grain of salt (which many of us stated over and over again as this "fact" was perpetuated on this board)

I think they also have some long term rentals in the campgrounds, so maybe it’s to allow those folks to return to their “home.” I thought I read somewhere that there are a few CMs that actually live in their RVs at the campground (checking out and back in when required for reservation issues).

That is correct. Many guests at the campground book many back-to-back reservations to create quite long-term stays.

Maybe it doesn’t need to be said but... booking a value resort doesn’t mean the bookers are “lower income to those that can afford Disney”. Sounds like an incredibly entitled and arrogant attitude. I won’t get into a debate about the choice to buy into DVC or not. But I would argue that many high income families book a value resort for many different reasons, one of those being that it Is financially wise to not overpay on a resort that they only sleep in. Furthermore, there are many hard working families who save up for years to afford a Disney trip and choose to stay at a value to maximize their Dollar.

Agreed. I normally do values not because I can't afford something better but I personally don't find it cost effective. I'm normally solo or with one other person so don't need tons of room. Don't spend a ton of time in the pool (except after the full marathon..lol) and not spend a lot of time in my room. I just need a place to sleep and something like a poolside bar and I'm happy. I love places like contemporary and polynesian but I can't justfy to myself spending that much more a night. Also most of the time I do rundisny races so I've already put a bunch of money into the race itself and I'd rathe put extra money into something like dopey challenge then to a nicer room that I'll only be in to sleep. That is just what works for me.

It's in my signature, just my Facebook page
Agreed. I normally do values not because I can't afford something better but I personally don't find it cost effective. I'm normally solo or with one other person so don't need tons of room. Don't spend a ton of time in the pool (except after the full marathon..lol) and not spend a lot of time in my room. I just need a place to sleep and something like a poolside bar and I'm happy. I love places like contemporary and polynesian but I can't justfy to myself spending that much more a night. Also most of the time I do rundisny races so I've already put a bunch of money into the race itself and I'd rathe put extra money into something like dopey challenge then to a nicer room that I'll only be in to sleep. That is just what works for me.
I totally agree. We let our daughter choose the resort. Kids love the theming of values. We also love POP & Art of Animation. Seeing her happy makes us happy. And if someone in an All Star is upgraded to a deluxe, that great for them. Extra pixie dust.

So is that also saying you can’t book trips for the rest of the year too?

Not sure what you are asking.
Points are bought per contract, we can bank, use, or borrow said points. We can use them for as many or as little vacations per year we want with the points purchased. Each room/dvc resort has a different point usage attached, per night, per season.

I totally agree. We let our daughter choose the resort. Kids love the theming of values. We also love POP & Art of Animation. Seeing her happy makes us happy. And if someone in an All Star is upgraded to a deluxe, that great for them. Extra pixie dust.

We can’t let my 8 yr old grandson pick. Disney comp’d me and him CL at the YC last year and he’s ruined. He’d pick CL YC every time if we let him. He still talks about it like it’s the only way to go now. lol I had tacked on a couple of days at the YC CL for this trip as a surprise, but thank goodness, we kept the whole trip a secret from him to avoid a second disappointment.

We're booked at a moderate (FQ), my personal speculation is it wouldn't make sense to open it any time soon...think that upgrading values/mods people to DVC studios might be more of a possibility closest to the park opening dates (depending on capacity of course). But for those of us booked for mid Aug, Sept (us), and beyond, the situation will change greatly. Consolidating the cash resorts by that time would make the most sense operations-wise, if so I'd expect we'd possibly just be moved laterally depending on what they'd open in each category (so CBR, POR...or maybe RIV as a long shot). Zero way of actually knowing until park capacity limits become clearer...but will happily slap us together a shelter made out of sticks on Tom Sawyer Island if it means not just getting canceled on! 🤣

So true about kids. We've stayed at Poly a few times, a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek, Beach Club, etc. but his favorite resort is Pop!

Unfortunately, despite what your personal feeling of entitlement, that’s not how the terms of your contract are structured.

Oh boy...

Let's make this easier for you to understand - Here in Ca, Disneyland has 4 maybe 5 different tiers of Anual Passholders. SoCal, Socal select, Deluxe, Platinum, and Platinum Plus (I belive it's titled). Each pass has an obvious different cost, with SoCal select being the least expensive. Let's say it is $600 per year, Platinum plus is more than $1500 per year. All passes with the exception of Platinum Plus has blockout dates, all passes have some amount of discount for food and merchandise. The lower tiers have more blackout dates and less "perks".

If after Disney opens they tell all passholders, hey by the way, everyone has no blockout dates, free parking, and the same discount regardless of the tier you purchased...of course the SoCal select people would be happy, but would the Platinum Plus people be? Shouldn't Disney offer at least some type of additional compensation for now giving someone who paid 1/2 what you did for your Platinum Plus pass the same exact perks?

When people state rumors as facts on this thread (and on the resorts thread, BTW) and then actually link to other posts and, incorrectly, use them to try to support their "facts", I take issue with that. The poster who did this already admitted they made a mistake and that is appreciated. I'm not advocating that anyone should stop posting rumors on this thread. Any actual facts posted should come from official Disney sources and links to official sources (DTA or DPB) should be provided. Hearsay from a TA friend who heard it from a DSM is not fact at this point in time. But you have a point, everything posted here should be taken with a grain of salt (which many of us stated over and over again as this "fact" was perpetuated on this board)

That is correct. Many guests at the campground book many back-to-back reservations to create quite long-term stays.

To be clear, it is still a fact that someone was told by Disney it would happen. So yes, until it happens it is not confirmed.

But, I always posted that it was subject to change, but A Disney rep did tell people..and I’ve seen several other reports it’s been more than just my source... that people will be moved if there resorts remain closed and that the move will be to open DVC resorts.

I don’t mind taking responsibility for quoting wrong, but what I reported did come from a Disney rep...it wasn’t made up from an outside source.

Of course, people should take things with a grain of salt...but. As of Friday, Disney is planning to move guests.

Last edited:
Oh boy...

Let's make this easier for you to understand - Here in Ca, Disneyland has 4 maybe 5 different tiers of Anual Passholders. SoCal, Socal select, Deluxe, Platinum, and Platinum Plus (I belive it's titled). Each pass has an obvious different cost, with SoCal select being the least expensive. Let's say it is $600 per year, Platinum plus is more than $1500 per year. All passes with the exception of Platinum Plus has blockout dates, all passes have some amount of discount for food and merchandise. The lower tiers have more blackout dates and less "perks".

If after Disney opens they tell all passholders, hey by the way, everyone has no blockout dates, free parking, and the same discount regardless of the tier you purchased...of course the SoCal select people would be happy, but would the Platinum Plus people be? Shouldn't Disney offer at least some type of additional compensation for now giving someone who paid 1/2 what you did for your Platinum Plus pass the same exact perks?

Going back to the resorts ... there were likely already people at your resort paying way less then you did. You just didn't know about them.

And I typically let my kids choose the resort and they almost always go back to Art of Animation. No shame in my value game! And like you - I’d rather my extra money go toward nicer meals on the trip or more trips per year!

Going back to the resorts ... there were likely already people at your resort paying way less then you did. You just didn't know about them.

I pay by points via a contract. So, yes there are people all the time in the resale market that pay less per point, per contract, but that is mute after contract is signed...1 point is still worth one point when booking.

To me that looks like someone might have misunderstood the conference call. A conference call that most TA"s weren't even invited to. Was it even a conference call with Disney or with the owner of the agencey? Who knows.

I CAN tell you that there are not enough DVC rooms to move EVERYONE from other resorts to. Even if every single DVC owner had cancelled their vacation (which they haven't) there would not be enough rooms. No doubt they will most likely move people around. They may even be able to fit everyone in the delux resorts that have DVC attached to them.

So hang tight and don't freak out over something one agency may or may not have been told. Just a heads up my TA friend said she'd actually be breaking her contract with Disney if she devulged any information Disney gave her before they said she could.
It also seems like that wouldn’t work with the concept of spreading guests out in the resorts too.

DVC members themselves are paying way less when broken down per night than those who are paying rack rate. Just saying.

Very true. So even without this situation at a deluxe or a DVC you're going to have people paying at drastically different price points all getting the same perks and there is not compensation or upgrades offered to the people paying more. if this happens it is just adding yet another price point to the mix of many many price points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter