Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing it here was MY big mistake...not my friends. I thought it was the purpose for this forum and yes, it did come from a rep with Disney, with the caveat, everything is subject to change, which I have shared.

But, as you pointed out, the information I get from her, as we move forward should not have been shared here...and it wont be.. only did it because it was given to actually clients, and whether people agree with how TAs choose to communicate with them, it was me, not her as a TA, that made the choice.

You do so much to try to help out other people on this and other threads, please don't let a few people who get angry about rumors shared on a RUMORS BOARD get you down. You are very appreciated! :flower3:

As a DVC member I really hope we don't get upgraded. I booked a studio because it has 3 beds for my family. My kids don't sleep together so if we would be "upgraded" to a 1 bedroom it wouldn't work for us. However, if they want to throw us a 2 bedroom I'd be fine with that. lol

We can’t let my 8 yr old grandson pick. Disney comp’d me and him CL at the YC last year and he’s ruined. He’d pick CL YC every time if we let him. He still talks about it like it’s the only way to go now. lol I had tacked on a couple of days at the YC CL for this trip as a surprise, but thank goodness, we kept the whole trip a secret from him to avoid a second disappointment.
Yep... We were upgraded to a corner water view room at YC 2 years ago. Our three were in heaven and we had just transferred from POR, which they loved while we were there. Then we got the upgrade. When selecting resorts last summer for this summer, all three said we're not staying at Riverside again are we? Since it is for our daughters early 16th b-day celebration, she got to select. Now it's just the waiting game if we will be able to go. We're going as long as we don't get canceled.

Oh boy...

Let's make this easier for you to understand - Here in Ca, Disneyland has 4 maybe 5 different tiers of Anual Passholders. SoCal, Socal select, Deluxe, Platinum, and Platinum Plus (I belive it's titled). Each pass has an obvious different cost, with SoCal select being the least expensive. Let's say it is $600 per year, Platinum plus is more than $1500 per year. All passes with the exception of Platinum Plus has blockout dates, all passes have some amount of discount for food and merchandise. The lower tiers have more blackout dates and less "perks".

If after Disney opens they tell all passholders, hey by the way, everyone has no blockout dates, free parking, and the same discount regardless of the tier you purchased...of course the SoCal select people would be happy, but would the Platinum Plus people be? Shouldn't Disney offer at least some type of additional compensation for now giving someone who paid 1/2 what you did for your Platinum Plus pass the same exact perks?
Wasn't your original comment about hotel rooms though? I thought the comment was made about upgrading people from Value resorts to the DVC resorts.

Coming from someone who worked front desk at Boardwalk for part of her CP ...

Many of you would be surprised how many people get upgraded on a daily basis for a plethora of reasons. Club level often filled with people who were upgraded and didn’t pay extra. And those adorable garden cottages on the Inn side? Often filled by people were were upgraded. People also have been upgraded between resorts for many reasons. This is not some new phenomenon.

Wasn't your original comment about hotel rooms though? I thought the comment was made about upgrading people from Value resorts to the DVC resorts.

My original comment was about disagreeing with Disney doing this without upgrading or compensation to the members. Then someone else asked something else, someone else said something rude, someone else went the other direction...and so on

We're booked at a moderate (FQ), my personal speculation is it wouldn't make sense to open it any time soon...think that upgrading values/mods people to DVC studios might be more of a possibility closest to the park opening dates (depending on capacity of course). But for those of us booked for mid Aug, Sept (us), and beyond, the situation will change greatly. Consolidating the cash resorts by that time would make the most sense operations-wise, if so I'd expect we'd possibly just be moved laterally depending on what they'd open in each category (so CBR, POR...or maybe RIV as a long shot). Zero way of actually knowing until park capacity limits become clearer...but will happily slap us together a shelter made out of sticks on Tom Sawyer Island if it means not just getting canceled on! 🤣
It's gotta all be based on the numbers at this point. If their bookings are so low they can consolidate all of them into DVC resorts it makes sense. Maybe they'll watch booking levels and re-open other resorts based on that.

Ooohhh... have we considered the idea Disney moves it's hotel booking system to pick the category, not the hotel? Say people can book Value, Moderate, AKL or Deluxe. Disney then lists out all the potential possible hotels in your category and clearly states you will not get to decide. Make sub-category add-ons simple but possible- preferred room, standard view, premium view... (Placing AKL in the mod category, I don't see it as an acceptable Deluxe due to it's far out location.) You are not guaranteed a particular hotel, just a delightful Disney property within your booking category. That would give Disney maximum flexibility to move customers around and open properties on demand and seeing as they aren't interested in a bunch of business right now anyway those willing to go to Disney might be willing to play this new game...

Many of you would be surprised how many people get upgraded on a daily basis for a plethora of reasons. Club level often filled with people who were upgraded and didn’t pay extra. And those adorable garden cottages on the Inn side? Often filled by people were were upgraded. People also have been upgraded between resorts for many reasons. This is not some new phenomenon.

We got upgraded at GF back in 2009 on a buy 4 night package get 3 nights full package free. It was amazing!

Many of you would be surprised how many people get upgraded on a daily basis for a plethora of reasons. Club level often filled with people who were upgraded and didn’t pay extra. And those adorable garden cottages on the Inn side? Often filled people were were upgraded. People also have been upgraded between resorts for many reasons. This is not some new phenomenon.

Exactly. Im blown away that people haven’t realized this or the huge swings in per night rate people are paying on any one night at a resort.

Next time someone talks about CMs thinking certain categories of guests are full of entitled people I want everyone to remember this part of the thread.

Should we be hearing something this week about the NBA and how that will affect possible resorts that will be utilized?

Yes. The board of governers votes on thursday and it is pretty much guaranted to pass. Only thing at question is the format. I thiink there are 3 or 4 different versions of the format up for discussion. On thursday it is exepcted one of them will pass. What is expected is that the commissioner will decide on one of the formats before then and reccomend that one and that one will pass. Still a lot of behind the scenes lobbying on which format. Similar to things at WDW there is not really a best option - it is which one is least bad.

So thursday is the day.

Next time someone talks about CMs thinking certain categories of guests are full of entitled people I want everyone to remember this part of the thread.
I never even knew this was a thing...that people thought they’d only be surrounded by their own “ kind” by booking at a more expensive resort. How do they stand going into the parks? Last I checked we weren’t separated by class there.

Agreed. I normally do values not because I can't afford something better but I personally don't find it cost effective. I'm normally solo or with one other person so don't need tons of room. Don't spend a ton of time in the pool (except after the full marathon..lol) and not spend a lot of time in my room. I just need a place to sleep and something like a poolside bar and I'm happy. I love places like contemporary and polynesian but I can't justfy to myself spending that much more a night. Also most of the time I do rundisny races so I've already put a bunch of money into the race itself and I'd rathe put extra money into something like dopey challenge then to a nicer room that I'll only be in to sleep. That is just what works for me.

I agree completely. Honestly, there are some higher level resorts I have no interest in staying in and would be a bit miffed to be "upgraded" to one from Pop.

To be clear, it is still a fact that someone was told by Disney it would happen. So yes, until it happens it is not confirmed.

But, I always posted that it was subject to change, but A Disney rep did tell people..and I’ve seen several other reports it’s been more than just my source... that people will be moved if there resorts remain closed and that the move will be to open DVC resorts.

I don’t mind taking responsibility for quoting wrong, but what I reported did come from a Disney rep...it wasn’t made up from an outside source.

Of course, people should take things with a grain of salt...but. As of Friday, Disney is planning to move guests vs canceling.

No, you did not always post it was "subject to change". And it is still a fact that things I've been told by DSM's do not come to fruition. Nobody ever questioned that people may be moved. Chapek himself stated that some resorts will not open to media outlets (official source!). That is not what you stated. You stated everyone is being moved to DVC resorts, end stop. To quote you, "I wouldn’t exactly call it speculation. This is what they were told from their regional office..and advised .to inform clients with WDW reservations at values and moderates they will be moved to DVC resorts but no choice as to where,

So, as of yesterday, that is the plan that was shared with them as TAs.
Disney will be doing it automatically and letting guests know its been changed,

They just were not yet given a date as to which reservations it will apply to."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-change-by-disney.3802935/page-2#post-61950512
Your story keeps changing. Stating rumors as facts is not helpful to anyone right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter