Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can sort out hopping and how to manage it, when at full capacity allowance again, I wouldn't be surprised if park reservations stay in place for a while. Its beneficial to wdw to do so.

Wonder if in the future we may see like x number of reservaton slots for hopping and y number for single park reservations to help manage things. Certainly not on day one, but if you cap the number of hoppers you might be able to allow some hopping.

If you go by 70x22 for NBA which has a 15 player roster limit, MLS has a 30 player roster limit and 26 teams, so lets say 85*26 = 2210 for MLS and 1540 for NBA, and just guess that room number in a regular hotel would be say 2/3 of that, that's roughly 2500 rooms required if there are some rooms with double occupancy. I'm just not aware of the down and dirty travel logistics of a typical road trip and hotel accomodations, so that's why I SWAGged the occupancy at 2/3. If you go by that reporter and a 2000 room minimum for the NBA, (so float for league officials and such) and add a roughly 200 room float for MLS league officials and support that count goes over 2900 rooms between the two with partial double occupancy, or over 4400 with single occupancy.

I know there have been some issues but watching the live streams from Universal makes me feel really happy. I can't imagine how I will feel watching the first Disney World live streams when they start to open. I know the experience doesn't look the same but I've had so much anxiety these last few months because of everything going on. While things are no where near being "over" it just gives me some comfort seeing people being able to enjoy a theme park again.

Wonder if in the future we may see like x number of reservaton slots for hopping and y number for single park reservations to help manage things. Certainly not on day one, but if you cap the number of hoppers you might be able to allow some hopping.
Maybe they raise the price on hopping? Kind of discourage more people from adding it to their trips

I can also see it being highly limited by groups or types of pass. For instance, only Platinum Plus AP holders, Club 33 and Golden Oak get park hopping.

If you go by 70x22 for NBA which has a 15 player roster limit, MLS has a 30 player roster limit and 26 teams, so lets say 85*26 = 2210 for MLS and 1540 for NBA, and just guess that room number in a regular hotel would be say 2/3 of that, that's roughly 2500 rooms required if there are some rooms with double occupancy. I'm just not aware of the down and dirty travel logistics of a typical road trip and hotel accomodations, so that's why I SWAGged the occupancy at 2/3. If you go by that reporter and a 2000 room minimum for the NBA, (so float for league officials and such) and add a roughly 200 room float for MLS league officials and support that count goes over 2900 rooms between the two with partial double occupancy, or over 4400 with single occupancy.

The tweet said that NBA would need ~2,000 rooms so if your math works for # of players per team, then seems like MLS would need like 50% more rooms so that would be like ~3,0000 - or combined ~5,000

Volcano Bay now only requires them on the bus. Once in park is only recommended when not in water or in line for attraction.
This is how it's always been at VB since TM preview yesterday and the 1st.

They also require you to wear it at the entrance (as entering the park) and exit (while exiting the park). Are you saying those two aren't happening anymore, or were you even aware that masks weren't required at VB since day one (and no one was wearing them even during TM preview except staff)
Just making sure things aren't lost in translation.

And no park hopping (if indeed that is going away as rumored).

+Dining Plan, FP+ and 180 days ADR...

I don't fear this stuff is ever going away permanently unless they have something better in mind.

Plenty of Disney visitors love all the planning (me included). The Geenie service will be for those people who don't like the planning or want to go more on autopilot.

I can also see it being highly limited by groups or types of pass. For instance, only Platinum Plus AP holders, Club 33 and Golden Oak get park hopping.
Allowing hopping is a big thing, especially to on property guests. Once the capacity limits are back to normal, there just may be a new version of it, as you said, limited to certain groups of ticket or resort stay holders. It comes back to being sure that in the event of something like this again, they are already insulated and prepared.

This is how it's always been at VB since TM preview yesterday and the 1st.

They also require you to wear it at the entrance (as entering the park) and exit (while exiting the park). Are you saying those two aren't happening anymore, or were you even aware that masks weren't required at VB since day one (and no one was wearing them even during TM preview except staff)
Just making sure things aren't lost in translation.

When they first annouced opening plans volcano bay said required when going to get food and to lockers and such.

I think the planning and the add ons will come back in some form when they can safely do so. It just may not look like what we’re all used to.

There’s too much benefit to Disney to take that all away IMO.

And no park hopping (if indeed that is going away as rumored).
Actually masks and no park hopping might be my 2 deal breakers for my 11/29 trip. Definitely masks and after I spend the first 4 days of my trip (1 park each day) I like to park hop and not have to spend the entire day at any 1 park for the remainder of my vacation. Disney has gotten us accustomed to the freedom that comes with park hopping and I don't want to go backwards and feel like this vacation is not really a vacation !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter