Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
+Dining Plan, FP+ and 180 days ADR...

I don't fear this stuff is ever going away permanently unless they have something better in mind.

Plenty of Disney visitors love all the planning (me included). The Geenie service will be for those people who don't like the planning or want to go more on autopilot.
Id say at least 50% of that may be changed completely and permanently and the other 50% is remains to be seen and in a different fashion when all si said and done.

Interesting b/c ppl said no way UO tolerates this blah blah 😂

The next few weeks will be interesting. Been reading of quite a few reports of people lowering masks and off when they think a TM can’t see them like in lines and such.

The parks had to know it’s going to be so hard to enforce and deal with. I mean look at storesin states that require them. Now I don’t agree with breaking the rules either, but it’s nothing new at the parks.

Actually masks and no park hopping might be my 2 deal breakers for my 11/29 trip. Definitely masks and after I spend the first 4 days of my trip (1 park each day) I like to park hop and not have to spend the entire day at any 1 park for the remainder of my vacation. Disney has gotten us accustomed to the freedom that comes with park hopping and I don't want to go backwards and feel like this vacation is not really a vacation !
I think over time ( 6 weeks or so) the mask requirement will become voluntary. I think park hopping is going to be changed drastically and will not be back until parks are at least up to 80% available capacity

When they first annouced opening plans volcano bay said required when going to get food and to lockers and such.
Yesterday they were still "required" to go to bathrooms but they weren't enforcing it, but were enforcing at the entrance and exit of the park itself and the restaurants. Locker areas were closed the past two days, so no way to know there.

So is that info from today- Lockers are open and no mask enforcement there? Same with restaurants?

I'm most interested for when the downpour of rain comes in the next hour or so and what mask enforcement will look like there at USF/IOA.

When they first annouced opening plans volcano bay said required when going to get food and to lockers and such.
Yesterday they were still "required" to go to bathrooms but they weren't enforcing it, but were enforcing at the entrance and exit of the park itself and the restaurants. Locker areas were closed the past two days, so no way to know there.

So is that info from today- Lockers are open and no mask enforcement there? Same with restaurants?

I'm most interested for when the downpour of rain comes in the next hour or so and what mask enforcement will look like there at USF/IOA.

I think there's a practicality element to this at a water park. Where are you supposed to keep your mask while riding a slide or using the pool (that it won't get wet) so you can put it on when you walk up to get a drink? If you keep it in your locker, are you really going to go back to the locker to get it before going up to get a drink, then take it back after you get your drink so you can drink it? And if it's in your locker, how do you wear it to and from the locker?

Yesterday they were still "required" to go to bathrooms but they weren't enforcing it, but were enforcing at the entrance and exit and restaurants. Locker areas were closed the past two days, so no way to know there.

So is that info from today- Lockers are open and no mask enforcement there? Same with food?
I think there's a practicality element to this at a water park. Where are you supposed to keep your mask while riding a slide or using the pool (that it won't get wet) so you can put it on when you walk up to get a drink? If you keep it in your locker, are you really going to go back to the locker to get it before going up to get a drink, then take it back after you get your drink so you can drink it? And if it's in your locker, how do you wear it to and from the locker?

I agree, they really don’t work at all at a water park.

good point people will keep them in locker rooms. A lot. They would blow away to easy on a lounger or get disgusting lol.

The next few weeks will be interesting. Been reading of quite a few reports of people lowering masks and off when they think a TM can’t see them like in lines and such.

The parks had to know it’s going to be so hard to enforce and deal with. I mean look at storesin states that require them. Now I don’t agree with breaking the rules either, but it’s nothing new at the parks.
I think ppl mean well & plan to comply but just underestimate how absolutely miserable masks are in the heat. This is why so many of us were saying it was going to be an impossible ask. They need to change it to be required indoors & in queue lines & let it be outside. It should be much easier to enforce in those situations too.

I think over time ( 6 weeks or so) the mask requirement will become voluntary. I think park hopping is going to be changed drastically and will not be back until parks are at least up to 80% available capacity

Totally agree, That is why I have been saying by the time DIsney opens masks will be recommended and most will not be wearing one. At that point if they stayed required they might be the only place where it is. They might keep it going till August 1st and quietly drop the requirement then, since it is already in place and announced.

Same with the NBA playing till October in the Disney bubble. There is a good chance NBA is going to look really strange playing in that environment in October, when there most likely will be football games playing in front of fans in Florida at the same time.

I think ppl mean well & plan to comply but just underestimate how absolutely miserable masks are in the heat. This is why so many of us were saying it was going to be an impossible ask. They need to change it to be required indoors & in queue lines & let it be outside. It should be much easier to enforce in those situations too.

Yup. And it’s only going to get worst we aren’t in Peak summer heat yet or summer storms when they are all gonna get soaked .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter