Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a practicality element to this at a water park. Where are you supposed to keep your mask while riding a slide or using the pool (that it won't get wet) so you can put it on when you walk up to get a drink? If you keep it in your locker, are you really going to go back to the locker to get it before going up to get a drink, then take it back after you get your drink so you can drink it? And if it's in your locker, how do you wear it to and from the locker?
Of course. Masks at a water park would be utterly ridiculous.

I'm flying out Tuesday specifically for VB. I'll pop over to USF/IOA for the novelty of it, but it sounds like a pretty miserable experience based on this:
https://allears.net/2020/06/03/we-a...their-passholder-preview-heres-what-its-like/
Could you imagine if they said "Masks required" vs "masks recommended" when not on slides or pool? So I wear a mask to the slide- then slide down while holding the mask- then put on my soaking wet mask? Even "recommended" is stupid; they're just covering their butts. From all the TMs I spoke to- everyone wore the mask at entrance, then promptly took them off and never put them back on again all day.
That's what my plan is and that's what makes the most logical sense.

Totally agree, That is why I have been saying by the time DIsney opens masks will be recommended and most will not be wearing one. At that point if they stayed required they might be the only place where it is. They might keep it going till August 1st and quietly drop the requirement then, since it is already in place and announced.

Same with the NBA playing till October in the Disney bubble. There is a good chance NBA is going to look really strange playing in that environment in October, when there most likely will be football games playing in front of fans in Florida at the same time.
I think we’ll see mandatory masks for at least the 6 weeks post Disney opening, not 6 weeks from today, so most likely though beginning of September at least. As for the NBA, I’m pretty sure by agreeing to this plan, they’re locked into this plan for the remainder of the season. They’re not going to be allowed to back out come September and say they’re going back to home arenas.

Desantis just said the State of Florida will move to Phase 2. Which means more people allowed at gatherings, bars opening, retail allowed to open at FULL capacity, bowling alleys, movie theaters......

South FLorida to remain in Phase 1
When?

Desantis just said the State of Florida will move to Phase 2. Which means more people allowed at gatherings, bars opening, retail allowed to open at FULL capacity, bowling alleys, movie theaters......

South FLorida to remain in Phase 1

Universal opens Friday, Florida phase two, NYC June 8, Vegas tomorrow morning, Disney July.

It's happening people! We're starting to get our lives back!!!

Universal opens Friday, Florida phase two, NYC June 8, Vegas tomorrow morning, Disney July.

It's happening people! We're starting to get our lives back!!!

NYC is only going into phase 1 on June 8th. Though that’s still just a targeted date. There’s nothing really added in phase 1 other than curbside pickup. Where I am, about an hour north, we’re projected to hit phase 2 on June 9th, and even that has little options of returning to normalcy. NY is still about a month away from being as open as they can be in a pandemic.

But we shall see what happens next week in terms of protest infections.

I think the travel ban will be lifted within the next couple of weeks

Contemporary is such a strange choice for a bubble resort, with the only food choices outside the main building for BLT guests being the pool bar. Also one so convenient to MK to help with transport issues.

AKL I suppose they can move the DVC guests to Kidani and can tweak the food options at Sanaa.
Maybe they will bring in some food trucks for some extra dining options. Nothing permanent but fills a temporary need.

NYC is only going into phase 1 on June 8th. Though that’s still just a targeted date. There’s nothing really added in phase 1 other than curbside pickup. Where I am, about an hour north, we’re projected to hit phase 2 on June 9th, and even that has little options of returning to normalcy. NY is still about a month away from being as open as they can be in a pandemic.

yep. NJ moving in to "their" stage 2 now. June 15th and 22nd more things open, including youth sports. July 6th summer camps open!!!!

DeSantis talking about it now (travel ban)...few weeks sounds on target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter