Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of it was over the line....you're a guest in the park, you're not security. Let the people who work there handle it...it is not your place. On top of the fact that you don't know what's going on with the other person and why they may have temporarily removed their mask.

If someone is behind my family in line, I'm going to kindly ask them to put their masks back on. It is my place as the mask is meant to protect me.

Guest on guest vigilante mask and social distancing enforcement is going to be quite the sight. I feel for the poor CMs who have to deal with the eventual escalation of some of those events. If there was ever a time to be extra kind to CMs, it is this summer. They will have a lot on their plates.

Guest on guest vigilante mask and social distancing enforcement is going to be quite the sight. I feel for the poor CMs who have to deal with the eventual escalation of some of those events. If there was ever a time to be extra kind to CMs, it is this summer. They will have a lot on their plates.
That’s why disney will have the social distancing squads to help. I don’t believe universal has something similar. With Disney doing that those CMs will be looking for violations and CMs doing other things can then focus on their jobs.

We aren’t in normal opening times though. One would think Universal would’ve been a little more prepared for such. I’m sure Disney is watching. I think everyone knew there would be issues.
Yes to all of that., But it's simply a staffing issue, and unforeseen things are going to occur. It's never not occurred. Being "appalled" is being overdramatic, for sure.

If you think that "Disney watching" is going to allow them to have a smooth opening day, that's being incredibly naive. They're going to screw up like every opening day/event ever in the history of opening days/events.
And to think it is going to go smoother because they saw it didn't go smoother at Universal is comical.
They watched Hagrid's opening day. How did Galaxy's edge opening work out for them?

"One would think Universal (or Disney) would’ve been a little more prepared for such" is something we say after every Single. Opening.
When will we learn?

All of it was over the line....you're a guest in the park, you're not security. Let the people who work there handle it...it is not your place. On top of the fact that you don't know what's going on with the other person and why they may have temporarily removed their mask.
Asking someone to follow the rules is not acting as security. Where is that line? Is it ok to ask someone to back up from being right behind you or is that over the line as well?

Asking someone to follow the rules is not acting as security. Where is that line? Is it ok to ask someone to back up from being right behind you or is that over the line as well?

If you feel like you're in harms way, I'd speak up.

Everything is approach. Just be cool about it. Clearly that guy on twitter was a jerk about it.

The problem is that you’re wearing a mask to protect other people, not yourself. So when someone is walking around without a mask, they’re basically saying that they’re okay with potentially infecting you. I can see why people get angry.

I’m going to avoid the parks for now. I don’t need this conflict in my life right now.

Not trying to wade into the mask and enforcement, etc. debate nor whether what he said was appropriate/inappropriate. I just want to say that I read that post a bit differently than everyone else, I think. I understood the point to be that pretty much everyone was complying, and the ones who weren't were vloggers taking their masks off so they wouldn't be on video in their masks. (Edited to add: taking them off for vanity purposes.) I also interpreted it to be that he was yelling that for the purpose of interfering with the videos since they were not complying for the purpose of said video. I didn't interpret it to yelling at random people with masks off. Maybe my sense of humor is a bit dark, but I found it kind of funny - if my interpretation was correct.

Yes to all of that., But it's simply a staffing issue, and unforeseen things are going to occur. It's never not occurred. Being "appalled" is being overdramatic, for sure.

If you think that "Disney watching" is going to allow them to have a smooth opening day, that's being incredibly naive. They're going to screw up like every opening day/event ever in the history of opening days/events.
And to think it is going to go smoother because they saw it didn't go smoother at Universal is comical.
They watched Hagrid's opening day. How did Galaxy's edge opening work out for them?

"One would think Universal (or Disney) would’ve been a little more prepared for such" is something we say after every Single. Opening.
When will we learn?

You can prep all you want. There is no way to get everything right when you open the gates. This is going to be a tough rest of the year.

Everyone is going to have different comfortability levels with going out. What’s good for me is not the same as you or for Ryno.

Like I said we aren’t in normal times. Yes I expect hiccups. But I also think Universal was a bit under prepared for that initial rush and should’ve done better in a time like this. Disney have the same issues but we don’t know that until it happens. It does seem Universals initial capacity is a bit higher than some other parks are doing rumored to be at 35%. Not sure if this passholder preview is less than that or not though.

I personally don’t think Hangrids vs. SWGE is a fair comparison. Hagrid’s vs. Rise sure.

Not trying to wade into the mask and enforcement, etc. debate nor whether what he said was appropriate/inappropriate. I just want to say that I read that post a bit differently than everyone else, I think. I understood the point to be that pretty much everyone was complying, and the ones who weren't were vloggers taking their masks off so they wouldn't be on video in their masks. (Edited to add: taking them off for vanity purposes.) I also interpreted it to be that he was yelling that for the purpose of interfering with the videos since they were not complying for the purpose of said video. I didn't interpret it to yelling at random people with masks off. Maybe my sense of humor is a bit dark, but I found it kind of funny - if my interpretation was correct.

Agreed - I read it as him yelling at them for breaking the rules to vlog, and maybe also wanting to discourage the people watching from doing what the vloggers were doing.

Agreed - I read it as him yelling at them for breaking the rules to vlog, and maybe also wanting to discourage the people watching from doing what the vloggers were doing.
Yeah - I interpreted it as calling them out to embarrass them on their own video for ignoring the rules so everyone that watches would really notice it.

Hagrid’s vs. Rise sure.
The point still stands with that 100%.

They watched Universal and still fumbled it because it's impossible to predict everything. So again, when will we learn that day one will never go off unhitched?
Yet others somehow, during the first hour of the first day of a soft opening/preview find a way to be "appalled".

That’s why disney will have the social distancing squads to help. I don’t believe universal has something similar. With Disney doing that those CMs will be looking for violations and CMs doing other things can then focus on their jobs.
They should see if they could come up with a bunch of grandmotherly looking CMs for those squads. Everyone listens to Nana.

Do we know if Memory Maker is a thing of the past? I bought it as part of a package.
I bought it for the ride photos. I can’t imagine that they would drop those. I realize a bunch of others get it for character interactions and other photos

I hope they still have it. Plenty of non-character picture opportunities in the parks that can be done while social distancing - the Castle, Tree of Life, all the spots in Epcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter