Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering how busing is going to work at FW with all these people getting moved to the cabins. The campground is great, if you have a car or rent a golf cart, but if you’re reliant on the buses and have never stayed there before, you’re in for a rude awakening. The cabins can be quite spread out and far away from the main bus terminal, so you’ll have to wait for the internal bus first (which will have less space available for social distancing) then you’ll get to the main bus station where you’ll have to wait again. Going to be some unhappy guests.

Indefinitely. That's what folks get for raising such a big stink about it me thinks- obviously that backfired if FL Dept of Health is tweeting about it today.

I think it was working out better for NY/CT/NJ people when FL had basically forgotten it was on the books.
I wonder how long it’ll be for - I’m from Long Island and going next spring. I certainly hope it’s done by then

I honestly think if you just test every person walking on the ship ( with a rapid test that is reliable ) before you even get on the ship, showing everyone is negative.. that would be the safest

Maybe test on the ship also once few days later

Probably just keep the ship off islands for a few while and keep everything on board
you could test negative as you walk on but 3 days later you could be down with fever and everything else. you would need to test 7 to 10 days and isolate until cruise to be safe

I’m wondering how busing is going to work at FW with all these people getting moved to the cabins. The campground is great, if you have a car or rent a golf cart, but if you’re reliant on the buses and have never stayed there before, you’re in for a rude awakening. The cabins can be quite spread out and far away from the main bus terminal, so you’ll have to wait for the internal bus first (which will have less space available for social distancing) then you’ll get to the main bus station where you’ll have to wait again. Going to be some unhappy guests.
We have a cabin booked for Thanksgiving week. First time staying at FW, and we'll have 4 kids w us. Does this mean we should rent a car? (We almost never do, since once we're at WDW we don't leave the bubble, but it's not really a big deal for us to rent one if needed.)

Well, no email about modifying any reservations, but I did get a weird one about our Riviera and YC reservations. I have 2 booked for the same date, 1 as back up. I got an email showing me with reservations at CSR for my Riviera stay. lol There's a problem here. lol I have yet to call about any reservations, I never made a reservation for CSR. Pretty sure there's no reason to move me from the Riviera and even more sure that a move from a 1br villa at the Riviera to a regular room at CSR would not be something I'd agree to. Disney is doing a bang up job. And isn't CSR where the NBA is staying anyway??????

I honestly think if you just test every person walking on the ship ( with a rapid test that is reliable ) before you even get on the ship, showing everyone is negative.. that would be the safest

Maybe test on the ship also once few days later

Probably just keep the ship off islands for a few while and keep everything on board
I'm really, really hoping they cancel our upcoming cruise for Oct 12 on the Magic. It would be the very first sailing after their currrent cancellation period and I don't feel like being a guinea pig. I'm pif, hoping they cancel before our cancellation date so I can get the 125% credit. I have horrid luck though and no doubt they'll start cruising or won't cancel before my no penalty cancellation date.

um I don't think that's true, at least not the local APs. Obviously APs from other states it might be more difficult of them to come now. The whole situation with the economy and trust will take years to sort itself out, not just for the theme parks but in general
We (local APs) are actually visiting the parks more often right now just to take advantage of the low crowds. It is not enough and that has always been the case.
Agree, there are tons of APs here and we are here as out of state APs....you can count the lanyards and AP face masks it’s hard to miss hahaha.

Last edited:
My UT tickets that I bought a few days after Disney quit selling were just extended to September 2021.
Mine too, which makes me wonder if they are assuming you wont be able to use those tickets this year. I wonder if you will have to buy new tickets with the new reservation system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter