Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is the 30 day mark until parks reopen. What is everyone thinking about the reservation system?
I'm thinking they'd better get it released soon so that people can figure out how to use it before their trip, or at least before they have to make major decisions like: Am I going to keep my trip dates, or need to move them because of not being able to get a park reservation.

I am also thinking that the longer they wait to release the details of the system and links to use it, the angrier people will be at Disney at large and less likely they will be to visit Disney this year. Although I know that a lot of people are saying that this is exactly what Disney wants, I also think that they need to be careful to not make people so angry that they don't come back at all and just find other places to spend their vacation dollars for years to come

Mine too, which makes me wonder if they are assuming you wont be able to use those tickets this year. I wonder if you will have to buy new tickets with the new reservation system...
I think not, since they have released a new ticket policy for any ticket purchased up to June 6, they will get the extension including those direct from Disney. So, last week they had been extending tickets randomly so I think they were kinda working down the list from Direct to 3rd party or maybe by day linked.

We have a cabin booked for Thanksgiving week. First time staying at FW, and we'll have 4 kids w us. Does this mean we should rent a car? (We almost never do, since once we're at WDW we don't leave the bubble, but it's not really a big deal for us to rent one if needed.)
a car will not help you getting around in and I mean in the campground like the pool or store or dining. all of which can be a good hike with 4 kids as there is no car parking at any of those things. golf cart parking yes but no car parking. a car would help you with going to parks as you would have a bus ride to either bus depot or boat dock. you might be able to park near bus depot but you would be crossing bus and car route but there is no car parking near the boat dock which is how you would get to MK and there is a short walk, long enough to need a stroller if you have that age, to and from bus stop. if you are thinking about spending time at the campground I would look more at golf cart than a car rental esp if you are planning on dining at resort and not cooking meals as both eat in and take out have no car parking and are a hike from cabins. we have driven down and only used the car to get Disney Springs. sometimes we have had a golf cart and sometimes we have only used the buses. I tell the story often last trip at that time 4 year old granddaughter was most upset when she found out the buses were not taking her home. they were another ride for her and one of her favorite rides at that. hope this helps you make the right choice for your family

They probably haven't seen much of it because according to Disney that's not good enough

All face coverings should:
  • Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable

ETA: And shame on DFB because they should know better than to prioritize what a CM said over written Disney policy
Exactly. I asked a couple different CM about it as it directly affects my family's ability to visit since we have 3 toddlers. They explicitly mentioned Disney's guidelines which specify a traditional face mask that fits tightly around the mouth and nose and loops around the ears or behind the head. They said the face shields I ordered for my kids would not be acceptable.

Tomorrow is the 30 day mark until parks reopen. What is everyone thinking about the reservation system?
They just sent out surveys yesterday. It’s going to be awhile before they have a chance to analyze the results and make decisions.

To be fair, I've had Disney miss checking entire large pockets of my purses on multiple occasions.

Large enough that if I was a bad guy I could have definitely had bad things in there. So I think poor quality bag checks happen everywhere.

I think the investment in x-ray scanners like universal would be great for Disney.

I will never forget when I was immediately behind a guy in the security check at magic kingdom, who when his diaper bag in the bottom of the stroller was inspected the Disney security guard pulled out a gun from it 😬. The guard layed it on that little table and it freaked me out as I was next in line. The gun toting Disney guest proceeded to say about 20 times in a row “put it away bob (the guard’s name)” while trying to discreetly flash some type of badge at him. I stood there looking at the gun laying on the table for way too long while “Bob” signaled to the back check next to us to get help. They ushered stroller gun man off to the side and about 4 guards showed up very quickly. No idea the outcome, but they definitely find stuff in the bag checks. Meanwhile my hubby and the kids were impatiently waiting for me to clear bag check as they always go through the no bag line, oblivious to my bag check crazy experience.

I think the investment in x-ray scanners like universal would be great for Disney.

I will never forget when I was immediately behind a guy in the security check at magic kingdom, who when his diaper bag in the bottom of the stroller was inspected the Disney security guard pulled out a gun from it 😬. The guard layed it on that little table and it freaked me out as I was next in line. The gun toting Disney guest proceeded to say about 20 times in a row “put it away bob (the guard’s name)” while trying to discreetly flash some type of badge at him. I stood there looking at the gun laying on the table for way too long while “Bob” signaled to the back check next to us to get help. They ushered stroller gun man off to the side and about 4 guards showed up very quickly. No idea the outcome, but they definitely find stuff in the bag checks. Meanwhile my hubby and the kids were impatiently waiting for me to clear bag check as they always go through the no bag line, oblivious to my bag check crazy experience.

Oh, I know Disney finds lots of things that should not be brought into the parks in the checks. They definitely help. I was just pointing out how both systems have some big flaws.

I agree though, scanners would be an excellent upgrade!

I'm thinking they'd better get it released soon so that people can figure out how to use it before their trip, or at least before they have to make major decisions like: Am I going to keep my trip dates, or need to move them because of not being able to get a park reservation.

I am also thinking that the longer they wait to release the details of the system and links to use it, the angrier people will be at Disney at large and less likely they will be to visit Disney this year. Although I know that a lot of people are saying that this is exactly what Disney wants, I also think that they need to be careful to not make people so angry that they don't come back at all and just find other places to spend their vacation dollars for years to come
Exactly. I just finished pricing out a Universal vacation for my same dates and it looks like it is going to be quite a bit cheaper. I'm looking at staying at the Royal Pacific but it is entirely possible the express pass won't even be needed the first week of August.

Exactly. I just finished pricing out a Universal vacation for my same dates and it looks like it is going to be quite a bit cheaper. I'm looking at staying at the Royal Pacific but it is entirely possible the express pass won't even be needed the first week of August.
Same. We just booked tonight. While we have hotel and tickets, if we can’t get in all four parks while we’re there, we’d rather wait. I hate having two paid-for reservations just hanging out. I’d like to be able to cancel one and know where we’re headed.

I just booked Royal Pacific at Universal for the long Labor Day weekend. We currently have CBR but without knowing if they will even be open I went ahead and booked Universal. We may actually cancel CBR anyway and just do Disney for one day with our AP if I can get reservations. We already have DVC reservations for a week the end of July.

Same. We just booked tonight. While we have hotel and tickets, if we can’t get in all four parks while we’re there, we’d rather wait. I hate having two paid-for reservations just hanging out. I’d like to be able to cancel one and know where we’re headed.
And it is nice that Universal will allow you to cancel with 24 hours notice without penalty as long as you book by June 30.

He could listen, but I doubt he will. If they don’t open in July, then they probably wouldn’t open the remainder of the year. Assuming there’s a 2nd wave in October/November, it’s easier to just keep it closed through the wave, whereas if it’s open, it’s unlikely it’ll shut back down. No, DLR isn’t a huge tourist attraction, but it still does bring in a good amount of revenue for the state. Not as much as WDW does for Florida, but it’s not “nothing”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter