• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah. Mod/Value guests, if you have a particular price point in mind, you'll want to be on the phone with DRC tomorrow morning to move your stay. My understanding is there may be some sort of recovery discount -- at least if you were booked under an expired discount -- but it may not be large and there are no guarantees.

To clear up some confusion regarding 2021, here's the official update from the WDW website:
Guests with reservations for travel through July 10 may request immediate assistance with modifying their plans for dates in 2020. Those currently traveling July 11 - December 31, 2020 may request assistance beginning Monday, June 22. Modifications into 2021 can be made beginning June 24.

If no action is taken for impacted stays, Disney will automatically cancel your reservation within 7 days of the original check-in date and process any refund due to the original form of payment. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.
So it appears affected reservation holders will also have first dibs on 2021 bookings.

What time do phones open to call and modify our package? We are at Music now so hoping to get into POP.

But how do you suppose to know that your hotel won`t be open later in the year... like If your booking is in december.... until today we thought only DVD and campground will be open
That's my question as well. We're booked for one night at All Star Music. Now I need to move to a different resort tomorrow when I really don't want to clog up the phones?

My god. We are all going to be calling on 6/24 for 2021!!! :rotfl:

Hopefully we can see what we want online i stead.

Ok, indepth numbers look here, but I had to just figure it out for myself how many people will be there in the opening couple of weeks.

When counting the number of DVC rooms, it's hard to figure because there are 1444 lockoff 2 Bedrooms that any and all can turn into separate Studio and 1 Bedroom. So I went through each category of DVC room and counted what I thought would be the average number of people in each room.
-For studio I said 3, 1 Bedroom 3.5, dedicated 2 Bedroom 5.5, 2 Bedroom lockoff 6.5 (used the sum of studio and 1 bedroom), and Grand Villas 8. Adding all those totals up gives a DVC room population of 19,540 at capacity.
-Then Contemporary has 655, Pop has 2880. I used an average of 3.5 people per room there and it came to another 12,372 guests at capacity.
-FW is listed as 409 rooms so I just said 4 people per room there for 1636 total.

Now my assumptions for average number in rooms could certainly be off some, but I think this gives you the ballpark if everything is open is at 100% capacity. That is total number of resort guests of 33,548.

Now, how big are the parks? Numbers of course always vary, but typically I see max capacity listed as 80,000 for MK, 60,000 for AK and HS each, and 110,000 for Epcot.
We don't know what new capacity will be but 25% has been floated out there online as a possibility.
That would then be 20,000 for MK, 15,000 for AK and HS, and 27,500 for Epcot. Total of 77,500.

So these ballpark numbers would seem to indicate that all resort guests could fit in MK and HS combined. All together, there should be about 40,000 spots for all other APs and non-resort guests (including the Disney Springs Hotels that theoretically can book tomorrow as well). Though if the resorts are at full capacity, the first 4 days without Epcot and HS could be pretty tight, even for resort guests and very difficult for non-resort APs.

Yeah. Mod/Value guests, if you have a particular price point in mind, you'll want to be on the phone with DRC tomorrow morning to move your stay. My understanding is there may be some sort of recovery discount -- at least if you were booked under an expired discount -- but it may not be large and there are no guarantees.

To clear up some confusion regarding 2021, here's the official update from the WDW website:

So it appears affected reservation holders will also have first dibs on 2021 bookings.

I`m confused.
Who should call ? People in mod/value whose booking is before their hotel`s opening date ?
Or everyone whose hotel is not listed yet as to be scheduled to open? What if my resort will be open by my check in date?

Been out all day but seems I didn't miss any news
Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone good luck tomorrow. Pack your patience and if you do have to call remember it's not the CMs fault that the system has issues and they are truly trying to help you with the limited information and resources they have from their home
MTFBWY

we are booked at the polynesian beginning on August 7th, with the Floridian not opening until September and AKL not opening until late august, where in the world are they going to put everyone? where could they relocate us to?

I'm confused.

2021 bookings - previously it said those with room only can upgrade to package on 6/24 and everyone else can make new bookings on 6/28.

Now I'm reading everyone can make new bookings on 6/24 for 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter