• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone getting in at all right now? I have 4/6 people booked but there was a problem with the other two and now I can’t get in to book their park passes.

But is it changed or just messed up?? Some ppl can’t even get the 3 days. I got 8 for 2 stays. I’m gonna lose my stuff if I get purged in any capacity after 3 Plus hours of work!

Probably a mess up. A lot of things going on at once over the span of 15 months. I completely understand the glitches. I still haven’t gotten in, I’m not worried as nothing seems to be booking up.

What in the world. Now it's saying DH has to be removed from my party for Nov 25 and 26 (only two dates I've been able to check so far) because he already has park reservations for the parks those days. We only made park reservations for the kids. It previously told us that DH and I had reached our max number of allowable park reservations (still says that for me).

Two things down.... got all our park reservations this morning, TA just got finished with modifying our resort (standard CSR to standard CBR, saved $200).... now I need to call and deal with our one night, room only for the night before our package starts. I kept hoping waiting times for calling would go down through the afternoon but it sounds like I may have been overly optimistic on that front.

Two things down.... got all our park reservations this morning, TA just got finished with modifying our resort (standard CSR to standard CBR, saved $200).... now I need to call and deal with our one night, room only for the night before our package starts. I kept hoping waiting times for calling would go down through the afternoon but it sounds like I may have been overly optimistic on that front.
I’ve been trying to get into the hold queue for the last 30 mins and keep getting a busy signal lol

Those modifying resorts, how is that looking? I haven't gone through all the posts here to see the reports but wondering availability, offers, and costs.

From what I've read on other board:

No changing to 2021 yet allowed except for room only - then need to call 6/24 to add tickets/package.
If switching resort, you must pay difference - people are now speaking with guest services about this.

I really think this is probably truth. Disney has to move people because of overbooking and such. They never charge them. I can imagine it's hard to wait and let Disney move you, but if I was in that position I'd wait until 7 days before.

I`ve been told by 3 different CM that stay put and if my resort won`t be open they will move me free of charge. But I`m well away from he 7 day window... so for now i just stay put and hope for the best.

Those modifying resorts, how is that looking? I haven't gone through all the posts here to see the reports but wondering availability, offers, and costs.
From what my TA told me there were no "freebie moves" but that guest services was trying to make things work as much as possible. We were given options that would be considered an upgrade to a deluxe, along with the price increase, the lateral move to CBR (with a modest decrease) that we took, and they offered to explore if there was a value option but we weren't interested in that.

Seems to be a mixed bag! I’ve been following all morning because I’m calling after work. Some are being asked to pay, some are not. Many of those who aren’t having to pay are suggesting it depends on the language you use when you call. Don’t ask to make a change. Say your resort is closed and you’d like to know what they’re going to do about it.

After 2 hours on hold with MDE technical support, I was told that the override to make park reservations by phone is no longer working. I have 11/20 and 4/21 DVC reservations and an AP (expires 12/20 and a renewal certificate that expires 12/21) but could only book three of the 5 days of my 11/20 trip. I used Chrome in incognito mode and my resort stays & APs are listed properly in MDE. I was told that they are well aware of the DVC/AP issue and are currently working on it, and maybe that's why the phone override no longer works. It might be fixed by later today.

I’m confused. I got the email saying we could start booking this morning but it shows zero availability for November. What am I missing. If fact it shows no availability until May.

I’ve been trying to get into the hold queue for the last 30 mins and keep getting a busy signal lol

It took me over 3 hours and close to 250 attempts to get an open line, now I've been on hold for almost 2 hours. Hopefully I'm able to get an answer about my 7/18 stay at GF

Four hours with Disney this morning. I had a room only reservation for ASSP for Aug 16-26. I had to be transferred to Guest Services to have them move me somewhere with no price increase. They moved me to POP with no upcharge.

I asked when I could upgrade to a package to add tickets and they had no idea. I referred them to the website where it mentions June 24 for 2021 room only to package upgrades, but they could not confirm. I am frustrated that 2021 gets to modify before 2020 ☹️

I’m confused. I got the email saying we could start booking this morning but it shows zero availability for November. What am I missing. If fact it shows no availability until May.
The availability calendar is linked to the news only thread. Make sure you are on the resort reservation guest tab. Availability is still really good for every date it seems.

I received a weird e-mail today that appears to be legit from Disney GiftCard services today issuing a gift card for $40 - did not click on anything within the message for fear it was a phsishing message of sorts.......any intel on this?

I received a weird e-mail today that appears to be legit from Disney GiftCard services today issuing a gift card for $40 - did not click on anything within the message for fear it was a phsishing message of sorts.......any intel on this?
Its the gift card for refusing mousekeeping service for your stay

I`ve been told by 3 different CM that stay put and if my resort won`t be open they will move me free of charge. But I`m well away from he 7 day window... so for now i just stay put and hope for the best.
I was on hold for over 2 hours to modify our resorts because doing a split stay Poly & YC starting July 12th. Got through and was transferred to another part of guest services that deals with modifications due to resorts not opening in order to keep the rate we have and not get charged more. On hold again for another 1 1/2 hours so far. I'm busy doing my things I need to get done. Dropped my one daughter off at her training and picked her up, which was an exciting day for her. First time she could see her one friend in person in over 3 months.

Its the gift card for refusing mousekeeping service for your stay
Possible? We had a stay that was scheduled for June 14 - June 19 but that surely it is a mistake, because we didn't actually go? The message just says "Your Disney Gift Card is enclosed" and it says the card value is $40

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter