• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are holding back spaces for ticket holders staying off property or if they will have no availability when they start booking for days that are already filled?

I was able to make 7 park reservations for my resort stay and the 2 additional days with my AP. But when I try to make a 3rd it says my pass would require a resort stay
This is the exact same experience I had. I have reservations for my 2 park stays this year and was able to make 2 additional AP days but when I tried to make my third it said I reached my limit

I am so confused as to how this is working for some people! I have 5 park days reserved for a stay in October, but it won’t allow me to book any additional with my AP! It says I’ve reached my park pass limit.

Does anyone know if they are holding back spaces for ticket holders staying off property or if they will have no availability when they start booking for days that are already filled?
While it made sense to hold back some days for APs, I don't see them holding back days for off property if they don't need to. From a financial perspective it just makes sense to fill slots with on property and APs as much as possible.

It *appears* that they are but it has not been confirmed.

I am so confused as to how this is working for some people! I have 5 park days reserved for a stay in October, but it won’t allow me to book any additional with my AP! It says I’ve reached my park pass limit.
Yep. There’s obviously something wrong. There doesn’t seem to be a clear set of rules.

Is anyone talking about this yet?

This is completely out of control if true

So all the AP people who got their park reservations already with their resort stays, don't bother trying tomorrow for single day park reservations.

A friend of mine who reserved a couple days with a resort reservation in November also reserved three park days without a resort reservation for January.

So apparently Disney IT is inconsistent on the AP/Resort reservation system (shocking, I know!).

Many on the AP FB group HAVE been able to hold both while many (like me) cannot. Several have already gotten through to IT support and their system was fixed. I am not able to sit on hold for hours today but hopefully the system might be fixed soon to allow for everyone to hold both or I'll call early next week when the wait time isn't so bad.

Wouldnt let me book 3 additional ap reservations in addition to my 14 day resort ones. I had to remove one of my resort stays passes to book an ap one for december, but I need 1 more. I might have to lock in a dvc reservation for December to make sure I get what I want. The ap availability calendar is a mess! i guess its mostly because everyone wants to be there for opening. Maybe people aren't looking at December so much yet.

I suspect is a case of waiting to see just how many people do apply for park admission. If they get enough to meet their diminished park capacity from AP & resort guests, then no. However, if they have capacity, even at the reduced levels, then yes I believe they would have room for those staying off property.

So apparently Disney IT is inconsistent on the AP/Resort reservation system (shocking, I know!).

Many on the AP FB group HAVE been able to hold both while many (like me) cannot. Several have already gotten through to IT support and their system was fixed. I am not able to sit on hold for hours today but hopefully the system might be fixed soon to allow for everyone to hold both or I'll call early next week when the wait time isn't so bad.
I agree I dont have time to wait on hold. I'll just let the dust settle since I'm not looking until December

The interface to make the AP reservations was very good, but did encounter a non-linked ticket response (which was not true). So, it's off to RotR and a long day.

Wouldnt let me book 3 additional ap reservations in addition to my 14 day resort ones. I had to remove one of my resort stays passes to book an ap one for december, but I need 1 more. I might have to lock in a dvc reservation for December to make sure I get what I want. The ap availability calendar is a mess! i guess its mostly because everyone wants to be there for opening. Maybe people aren't looking at December so much yet.
This confirms what I have been thinking. If an AP holder has a resort reservation, maybe they can make that many park reservations, including check-in and check-out days. And those park reservations may not need to be during their resort stay. So if that is the case, may be build in a non-park day during your resort stay and remove park reservations from check-in and check-out days which could be shorter for you, and free up three more days of AP at a different time of the year?

It looks like they are leaving passes in the resort reservation pool..maybe for DVC without tickets yet and maybe not for new bookings or off site.
I'm sure they have filled all available rooms from the closed resorts.
The good news for me is that I have a silver AP and a room at POP starting on the 14th so if the spots stay open as they are today, I can still go and upgrade to gold for less than $200 and get some , which was my plan when they announced the opening..I might go anyway but that would be a bonus :)

Last edited:
No, mine is not.
Ahh this may solve the mystery. It doesn’t seem recovery packages can be updated online. And when you call in they can’t add days. Weird to let non-discounted bookings add days but not others. Having to call in for every question or inquiry is SUCH a pain.

A friend of mine who reserved a couple days with a resort reservation in November also reserved three park days without a resort reservation for January.
Yeah it appears its a glitch and hit or miss. They got lucky.

Most people CAN NOT do both.

BTW - not sure if someone mention this but just in case people are interested - we only have a passholder voucher, not an active AP and we were still able to make our 3 park reservations, it did treat that like a valid park media

I have 15 days reserved over a couple of resort stays. I was not able to make any additional AP days. I'm just gonna wait it out. Our off property stay isn't until April so I'm not worried about it yet.

It's super annoying but I'm not willing to wait on old for hours like I did on Monday.

Wow! AP parks book up fast!!!

If you toggle between calendars, you can see parks booked up for AP guests, but open for resort guests.

Seems spaces to be reserved really are in different buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter