Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation, I wonder if they make it less complicated from a ticketing perspective and wait to bring hopping back until 2021. They’re selling 2021 hoppers right? I can’t remember if hopping was one of the “later this year” type of dates given.

All they have said on hopping is they are going to sell hoppers for 2021 so I don't see it coming back until then at the earliest.

You'd need a system a lot more flexible then that. What is the point of using the MB to "clock out" then still ahving to go into MDE to reserve the new park? Just put it all in MDE. No need to require the choice when leaving the park.
I think the problem with that (while they're still severely limiting capacity) is that you have to confirm that the person has actually left the park before reserving another. You need a process where someone is checking them out. I don't think this should be what they ultimately aspire too, but it is a possible stop gap measure to allow for doing things like visiting EPCOT in the evening while working within the system that they have now.

You can buy it for 2021. It was an option this morning. I didn't bother. I just got base tickets since I am not sure if we will upgrade them to park hopper, if it is running, or AP depending on how the world is.

That is what i did for january. Just add base tickets to my package for now. Still considering an AP if I decide to go in September since I'd have that trip, Marathon weekend, and star Wars weekend. So doing just enough to make reservations for now and I'll adjust if needed based on what things look like later.

I think the problem with that (while they're still severely limiting capacity) is that you have to confirm that the person has actually left the park before reserving another. You need a process where someone is checking them out. I don't think this should be what they ultimately aspire too, but it is a possible stop gap measure to allow for doing things like visiting EPCOT in the evening while working within the system that they have now.

If you are going to have to manually check out with a Cm and then that CM gives you the new reservation for a new park. I don't see that as workable even as a stop gap.

They will bring back hopping when they can do it properly. I don't see them trying to do something like that just to let people go eat at epcot. They would let an epcot ADR get you into epcot before that but I don't expect either to be done.

I know we all want the ability to hop but they are not going to put on convoluted stop gap systems to allow it. They'll do it when it can be done right.

You'd need a system a lot more flexible then that. What is the point of using the MB to "clock out" then still ahving to go into MDE to reserve the new park? Just put it all in MDE. No need to require the choice when leaving the park.

Really doesn’t seem all that complicated to me. You check out of the park when you are leaving with a simple wave of the magic band and then you use MDE to book the second park. Really simple actually. Could all be done in less than 30 seconds.

But, i’d be good with everything being done in MDE. They would just need to make sure that the app could recognize that someone did indeed exit the first park otherwise you would potentially have people hoarding hopping availability if they see it is available and then change their minds and/or stay at the original park longer than expected.

Agreed. Right now there is no plan for hopping and obviously this is disappointing to a lot of guests.

For those that really would like to hop, and figure it in their plans to do so, this seems like a really simple solution.

If you are going to have to manually check out with a Cm and then that CM gives you the new reservation for a new park. I don't see that as workable even as a stop gap.

They will bring back hopping when they can do it properly. I don't see them trying to do something like that just to let people go eat at epcot. They would let an epcot ADR get you into epcot before that but I don't expect either to be done.

I know we all want the ability to hop but they are not going to put on convoluted stop gap systems to allow it. They'll do it when it can be done right.

surely it would be as simple as you leave your reserved park - this would be still active to come back to if you want to later but if you then go on the app and look at availability and see there are spaces at Epcot then It would be like Fastpass where you would just be asked if you want to cancel your current reservation and book your new one? if you say yes then you wouldn't be able to get back into your first reservation as you wouldn't have an active park pass for there (the park pass even says Fastpass plus so could just literally work like this)

surely it would be as simple as you leave your reserved park - this would be still active to come back to if you want to later but if you then go on the app and look at availability and see there are spaces at Epcot then It would be like Fastpass where you would just be asked if you want to cancel your current reservation and book your new one? if you say yes then you wouldn't be able to get back into your first reservation as you wouldn't have an active park pass for there (the park pass even says Fastpass plus so could just literally work like this)

Which is what i was saying - if you are going to do it do it all in MDE. Don't have to stop by a CM at the exit.

Regardless none of this will be in place for a while.

Test results significantly lag when people actually took the tests, by days. Test results are lower on weekends because the data entry people and such aren't all working int he various places those days, has nothing to do with actual tests administered.
You also need to consider the source of the tests! Several times the governor eluded to a company that compiled information for days and even a week before sending in their results that can increase daily causes significantly! You should probably compare weekly or monthly changes versus daily to get a truer picture!

I think a reason for park hopping to stay closed is because guests spread out within the park but come together when entering or leaving the park. The fewer people at the entrance, the better. It's one of the reasons I thought the parties would be cancelled. Too many people arriving at the same time.

Yuck. I was really hoping they wouldn’t do that but am not surprised they did.

If the players are using SAB, there was really no other way around this. With the location of the slide, having to cross the walkway, thats just bad news written all over it

That's the general idea, but don't you still need confirmation that someone has left the first park before they make reservations for the next one? That's why I was thinking that you had to tap out in some fashion. That would either require that everyone tap out at exit, or that only those people who are interested in hopping would tap out at a specified exit. I think if you don't do something like that, people could still be in the first park for hours before leaving to go to the second. I personally don't think that it would be particularly cumbersome to tap out of the park in front of a cast member, but I guess some do. Anyway, I thought it was brilliant RWNola, and as an APH would certainly be happy to have at least some ability to park hop back....especially since it's something that I've paid for. :-)

Not that they can’t take these fences down as quickly as they put them up, or have the DVC side of resorts continue to stay open, but the fences are pointless without normal guests. So if they’re putting these up now, CMs getting back to work at the parks, the new face guard policy for CMs....none of this seems like something a company would do that is even entertaining the idea of shutting back down, or delaying their Re-opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter