Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really sucks for FW Cabins. I'm not a fan of that resort to start with, but to have to deal with their bus system and no other option would make me stay home. I'm just not seeing the safety reasons for not running boats. They seem a lot safer to me than enclosed, air conditioned busses.

I also think the resort boats are one the hardest to social distance for cast members. A lot of times they would offer a hand to load onto the small boats. Monorail, ferry and the skyliner has no “driver” that is in constant contact with guests like the small boats. The buses are the worst and only take them if we plan on drinking. Otherwise we drive even before the pandemic.

How are DVC owners inconvenienced? The only amenity that you could argue was taken away due to the NBA is SAB, but that's debatable. There are fences up around Yacht Club and part of the Grand Floridian, but that's about it.

Yeah I agree. If anything they are trying to make it like no big deal for the DVC owners by keeping open pretty much all of the GF main building to DVC members. Plus its only temporary and that is probably why they are using the ugly fences. Easy to take up and down. Literally the day after NBA players leave the hotels are opening back up to the public. They need it to be quick and easy.

I asked this before but didn’t see a response, although I think I posted during a kerfuffle and it was just missed.

What do you think they are gonna do about the biometric finger scans at park entry? I cant see them insisting you put your finger in a sweaty mess of germs during a pandemic nor do I think they will clean after each scan (sensitive electronics). I thought I read that UO is checking IDs? Can’t see that happening at the ‘turnstiles’ of WDW parks. Any ideas?

In almost 20yrs of DVC at BRV we have never taken the bus to Magic Kingdom. We love the boat ride and in some ways have thought of it as a perk of staying there. But the way the boats are for the most part filled between WL and Ft. Wilderness would not be easy to social distance.

I asked this before but didn’t see a response, although I think I posted during a kerfuffle and it was just missed.

What do you think they are gonna do about the biometric finger scans at park entry? I cant see them insisting you put your finger in a sweaty mess of germs during a pandemic nor do I think they will clean after each scan (sensitive electronics). I thought I read that UO is checking IDs? Can’t see that happening at the ‘turnstiles’ of WDW parks. Any ideas?
In scenarios they've disabled fingerprints during normal operation if the crowds back up enough (I've had it happen at AK and MK). That plus the park reservation I see them just tapping magic band / key card media and be done with it.

Word from Batuu
CM were given their thermometers, masks and face shields when they clocked in
Both MFSR and RotR will only take one party per pod/vehicle. The entire RotR attraction will be done (no spoilers) so no jumping any element, MFSR they are going to decide if to leave the pre show running while people walk through, so no stopping in that room
Face shields are required for almost every position now, CM have to be strict on enforcement with guests, examples of people on the spectrum or any other disability will be required to wear a mask or asked to leave , were given in the training this morning
There will be a relaxation zone (masks off) at SWGE, it is said to oh=hold about 80 people, she's about to walk the land so she'll tell me where this zone will be.
Most casts that their costume required a hat are now told not to wear it because of the face shield plus mask, might be too uncomfortable, so no officer hats at RotR
There will be a safety spiel playing through out the park reminding people to wear mask and wash hands
You can still take pics in the Falcon loading area but with masks on

more info to come

Do we know which ones?

That was my first thought/question

I assume first priority is getting Rat up and running and then they need to figure out what they are doing with the center of Future World. I assume (at least for now) the scale of the project is cut back but they need to do *something* ... And of course then Guardians, but that is sort of off on its own

Do we know if there is a possibility the boats would be opened later this summer? These seem safer than the other transportation option because they are outside.
The only ones I could see them using at some point are those larger boats that have many rows of seating (I think they’re mainly used when other boats are being serviced), not the little tugboat looking boats that they normally use.

Word from Batuu
Both MFSR and RotR will only take one party per pod/vehicle. The entire RotR attraction will be done (no spoilers) so no jumping any element, MFSR they are going to decide if to leave the pre show running while people walk through, so no stopping in that room
Face shields are required for almost every position now, CM have to be strict on enforcement with guests, examples of people on the spectrum or any other disability will be required to wear a mask or asked to leave , were given in the training this morning
There will be a relaxation zone (masks off) at SWGE, it is said to oh=hold about 80 people, she's about to walk the land so she'll tell me where this zone will be.
Most casts that their costume required a hat are now told not to wear it because of the face shield plus mask, might be too uncomfortable, so no officer hats at RotR
There will be a safety spiel playing through out the park reminding people to wear mask and wash hands

more info to come

Thanks for the information!

But the important question: what is the Batuuan word for mask and face shield? ;)

The only ones I could see them using at some point are those larger boats that have many rows of seating (I think they’re mainly used when other boats are being serviced), not the little tugboat looking boats that they normally use.
That would be a good idea- I wonder if they could use those instead of the tugboats at the resort launches

Is it rumor or news that you will no longer be able to upgrade/apply the value of a ticket to an AP purchase? APs would be straight outright purchases only?

I haven't heard of that - but would be good info to know as we were thinking of getting APs for next year but with the new park reservation system were thinking, at least for the first trip, to get regular tickets and then towards the end upgrade them to APs...

... But maybe that "loophole" is why they wouldn't allow it any more

Word from Batuu

more info to come
Can't wait to hear where the no mask zone is.

Glad to hear they are trying to compensate for the extra heat by letting them not wear hats.

Don't like the announcement situation. Seems very unmagical.

Also surprised by not being able to take a quick picture without a mask (the falcon is outside right?) Maybe I'm not visualizing the right spot (never been to the land)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter