Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you still 💯 must be fine getting COVID if you go to Disney right now.

This is right on point. To think that somehow Disney can prevent the spread isn't being realistic. They can't be everywhere monitoring everyone and if we know anything, it's that some people will push the limits and take off their masks, not wash their hands and touch everything in sight. especially those who just won't believe this thing is real. So no, I'm not ok with getting Covid-19 nor putting my family at risk of catching it, nevermind the risk of bringing it back to my community and being a source of spread.

It’s not clear if the odds of contracting the virus in a Disney restaurant, attraction or public area is any greater than the odds of being in public location like a grocery store or restaurant at home. Because the circumstances of being at Disney are different than being in public in your city, there is the belief that the odds would be different, but that hasn’t been shown yet. However, as people have pointed out, the policies in place at Disney should make the odds per encounter with others more favorable for not becoming infected.

These days, I fill my tank maybe twice a month. It's pretty easy to sanitize afterwards. That's not the same as constantly being in contact with surfaces others have touched all day for several days. I rarely use the supermarket restrooms- we make sure that is taken care of before we go and we don't take trips so long that a bathroom stop is needed. We can easily go 4-5 hours without a bathroom break. Even so, grocery shopping is once a week at most so again, not the same as being in a park for 8-10 hrs every day using the restroom several times a day. Also, I'm pretty sure the people at my pumps and in my store, for the most part, live here, where we have relatively few cases. The fact that it's in FL, where there is a record setting spike makes a huge difference as does the frequency of exposure. It is not the same thing at all.

My point about the public restroom/gas pump was not clear.

He suggested he would drive home if someone tested positive. My point is that if someone tests positive they should not stop for gas or at a public restroom at risk of infecting others.

It wasn’t about picking it up at the pump. It was about how driving home sick is irresponsible unless you can avoid those things.

Last edited:
This might be a bit of a niche situation but are there any local AP holders who also have an upcoming resort reservation? Just wondering what y'all decided to do...did you book parks for your resort stay or leave those open so you could actually go to the parks before then?

At this point leaning towards canceling the park reservations that I made for our reservation. It's a bit of a bummer because we are staying with family but if they end up going to the parks and we can't I guess its not the end of the world. Thanks in advance!

This might be a bit of a niche situation but are there any local AP holders who also have an upcoming resort reservation? Just wondering what y'all decided to do...did you book parks for your resort stay or leave those open so you could actually go to the parks before then?

At this point leaning towards canceling the park reservations that I made for our reservation. It's a bit of a bummer because we are staying with family but if they end up going to the parks and we can't I guess its not the end of the world. Thanks in advance!

We are local (about an hour away) and have a two night mini-vacay planned for September, off-property. I booked HS and MK for the last two days. I didn’t book anything the first day because I want to go to the parks between now and then, so my third day is in August. After we use that day I’ll take a look at availability and our schedules to decide whether to book another day before the trip or to book the first day of the trip. First day we want to do AK so I’m hopeful we can still get in two park days before the mini vacation and have no problem reserving AK.

This is right on point. To think that somehow Disney can prevent the spread isn't being realistic. They can't be everywhere monitoring everyone and if we know anything, it's that some people will push the limits and take off their masks, not wash their hands and touch everything in sight. especially those who just won't believe this thing is real. So no, I'm not ok with getting Covid-19 nor putting my family at risk of catching it, nevermind the risk of bringing it back to my community and being a source of spread.
Have you ever had Dole Whip???

Local AP holder here. Just got back from Riviera yesterday, very happy with the measures and compliance. Going to AP Preview on Thursday Magic Kingdom for the day, and also have day AP park reservation early August and resort stay late August. I have park reservations for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter