• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! Ppl keep saying low crowds won’t necessarily translate to low wait times, but I’m ok with that. I just want a break from the mob of constant ppl & be able to walk around the parks & enjoy the atmosphere. We are not once in a lifetime ppl. Just got back in March, going next week & will go in nov. so there is no ride that I have to ride.
Us too. Been there many ,many times.

So they have shut down the walkway from CR to MK. That seems counterproductive.

Maybe that is just to discourage guests currently staying at BLT to wander over to the MK during previews and it will be open when the parks officially open? Seems crazy to eliminate that option which would be the safest way for Contemporary guests to get to MK.

Really? Do you typically lose a lot of stuff on that ride? I think most grown adults are capable of holding on to their personal items on a mildly bumpy ride.

What? You haven’t noticed the flailing arms with random phones and dole whips flying out the trucks at the hippos???? Where have you been??!! It’s gonna be pandemonium!! 🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂😂
For real...I’m gonna trust those that it’s actually their job to make and enforce the safety standards at the parks. Picking everything apart is just madness.

Seeing this inside BTMR is making me sweat just looking at it! I find that area stuffy already so it will be interesting to hear reports on if it's worse

The stairs alone set off my claustrophobia. It’s one of my fav rides, so I normally focus on my breathing and survive it, but the plexiglass down that staircase already has my anxiety high.

Yeah, I kinda figured most people would have driving home as the backup plan if they’re sick and won’t stay in FL to quarantine. Haven’t heard of one person saying they would stay in FL until they were better.

Sadly, those who are sick and have long drives could expose others along the way home at rest stops, gas stops, and if they stop at motels. Not so good and one of the scary things about people traveling right now.
I believe that is what I ended up with too late last summer at Disney. I felt terrible for a couple of days. Luckily I was the only one that was sick in our group and not my older parents or daughter. The urgent clinic was very helpful, they pick you up at the hotel and bring you back. There were a few of us in there feeling all of the same symptoms but was never actually diagnosed with that but it was awful

Just cancelled our trip for July 15th -24th today. Sad and, after all of the work (all ADRs and FP cancelled, then park reservations) and all the time spent on these boards, I am just exhausted. My wife and I are teachers and we so look forward to our Disney summers. My son graduated HS and is heading to college (hopefully) and this was our last trip with him as a "kid". We did everything to justify leaving NY and going; the 15% positive rate just made it feel "wrong" for us...too much risk for a reduced experience. To those that do get to go, I wish you well. Stay safe and please be responsible, both on property and when you return home. The last thing Disney needs is to be blamed for any spread beyond Orange County. ✌
We made the difficult decision to cancel also. On top of that, luckily we did as RI, where I work has a 14 day quarantine if we visit some states and Florida was one of them. I do hope as you, everyone that goes has a safe and fantastic trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter