• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a guarantee at this point. My guess is they keep it somewhat limited when they refill stock to keep it hard to get and in demand. Disney found a way to make Splash merch a must have.

If Disney announced Mission Space was closing tomorrow people would rush to go ride it, immediately regret their decision, and then buy all of the merchandise in the store afterwards.

Ellen’s was a walk on for the longest time. Disney announced it was closing, it turned into a 2 hour wait

If Disney announced Mission Space was closing tomorrow people would rush to go ride it, immediately regret their decision, and then buy all of the merchandise in the store afterwards.

Ellen’s was a walk on for the longest time. Disney announced it was closing, it turned into a 2 hour wait
Absolutely. If Disney announces a ride is going to close. People are going to want to ride it again at least one more time. Problem is everyone has that mentality.

It’s the same thing as when Wishes was ending. Many people made special trips for it.

if they ever announce they are closing Pirates or HM, you will have to drag me off the ride.

They will. When the attraction closes and PatF retheme opens, people will remember the good deed of Disney changing the ride, not that they kept making merchandise until Splash closed.
What good deed is retheming the one attraction that is based on real African American folklore with German folklore? Disney has a Song of the South problem and not a Splash Mountain problem. Retheming Splash doesn't do anything to actually address their SotS problem. It only removes the one legitimate nod to African American culture in their parks. A real fix to Disney's Song of the South problem would be to tell the stories the movie was based on in a new production headed by African American producers, African American writers and a African American director. Then update Splash for that production.

I'm really impressed with Disney so far based on everything I'm seeing in live streams and reading here. Waiting to see how the official opening goes this Saturday and how things are handled after that.

Now that we have so many of our social media people back in the parks, I think I know why I didn’t like the castle until we got some close shots. Still looks strange from far away (like it did from CR/BLT), especially from different vantage points in the park. It looks stunning from Main Street/Hub/Fantasyland. Maybe it just takes getting used to from each angle lol.

This is interesting to me; even in pre-COVID times, I know any QS-type (non-Disney) food place I've worked in has required gloves (in addition to hand-washing!) when handling food... but now I legitimately can't remember ever noticing before if the Disney QS CM's have worn gloves or not! :rotfl:

She just should have stayed at home.

Now that we have so many of our social media people back in the parks, I think I know why I didn’t like the castle until we got some close shots. Still looks strange from far away (like it did from CR/BLT), especially from different vantage points in the park. It looks stunning from Main Street/Hub/Fantasyland. Maybe it just takes getting used to from each angle lol.

Just like the Cake castle. It took 25 years, but now I’m used to seeing pictures of it

I mean we don't even know when Splash is going away....

Could be an entire year. They are going to sit on this stuff that long? Or is shop disney not going to be carrying this stuff that soon?

I see they already don't sell them on shop disney.

So this is just a play to see if the demand is already out there from people with no plans to go to the parks.

I hope Disney decides to sell the rest of their stock online at a discount to crush the resell market, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter