• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good thing about the limited attendance at the parks is that it may be that the people who are going are the kind of happy, positive people that you want to be around when at Disney. It may not make a difference now though because of the social distancing, but I know on previous trips it's more pleasant to walk through the parks or wait somewhere when there are people around you who are happy to be there and who stay positive. I've read comments on other sites from people who are complaining about the limitations or making other negative comments and vow not to go for some time to come. I really think it's going to make the whole atmosphere better for everyone who is going that they are not going to be there.

Another good thing about the limited attendance at the parks is that it may be that the people who are going are the kind of happy, positive people that you want to be around when at Disney. It may not make a difference now though because of the social distancing, but I know on previous trips it's more pleasant to walk through the parks or wait somewhere when there are people around you who are happy to be there and who stay positive. I've read comments on other sites from people who are complaining about the limitations or making other negative comments and vow not to go for some time to come. I really think it's going to make the whole atmosphere better for everyone who is going that they are not going to be there.

I get what you’re saying and you’re probably not trying to paint everyone who is actively choosing not to go with the same brush, but at the same time it feels a lot like telling those of us who are refusing to go right now for virus related reasons (or those who don’t like limitations and rules that the virus has made necessary - not people angry with Disney for those decisions) that without us WDW is going to be a better experience.

There are a lot of us who are staying away for one reason or another who are happy and friendly and maybe even fun when we’re in WDW. Maybe it’s less pleasant without us there, lol :ssst:

I get what you’re saying and you’re probably not trying to paint everyone who is actively choosing not to go with the same brush, but at the same time it feels a lot like telling those of us who are refusing to go right now for virus related reasons (or those who don’t like limitations and rules that the virus has made necessary - not people angry with Disney for those decisions) that without us WDW is going to be a better experience.

There are a lot of us who are staying away for one reason or another who are happy and friendly and maybe even fun when we’re in WDW. Maybe it’s less pleasant without us there, lol :ssst:

oh I know it’s less pleasant without me there!

I maintain that VQ make a whole lot of sense for this scenario we’ve found ourselves in. People keep saying that Disney needs people in lines and out of walkways and stores and this is true, but does nobody remember how your BG would get called for RotR and you still had a good wait in a line at times?

That is why I think they’d be so helpful if crowds get heavier than we saw today. Control for Disney, not lessened waits for the guests. No lines spilling out, and no clusters waiting to join a line that has hit the end of its queue.

I maintain that VQ make a whole lot of sense for this scenario we’ve found ourselves in. People keep saying that Disney needs people in lines and out of walkways and stores and this is true, but does nobody remember how your BG would get called for RotR and you still had a good wait in a line at times?

That is why I think they’d be so helpful if crowds get heavier than we saw today. Control for Disney, not lessened waits for the guests. No lines spilling out, and no clusters waiting to join a line that has hit the end of its queue.

You dont even need them for every attraction. You put the VQ on a handful of rides, like the indoor queues, and then have the fully or mostly outdoor queues have lines. People without VQs for the current time would go wait in an outdoor queue, while less would be in stores or restaurants

Today and Tuesday I saw tons of plain clothed CMs and costumes CMs taking pictures of lines while we were waiting in them. The first time I saw it I thought they were documenting the openings. But then I realized it was data analysis. If the previews are really half capacity of what Saturday will be as I’ve heard, they are trying to figure out exactly how many people these new queues can hold so they can accurately distribute VQs. That’s why I’ve been counting social distancing markers while in line and trying to figure out the relationship to capacity and wait time.

So what happens if the rumors end up being true and the governor does change the states that need to quarantine to a policy similar to NY and all of a sudden this weekend 18 states are on the list?
It’s all absolutely ridiculous. When you are the hotspot there is no need to limit ppl coming in form anywhere per se. You (hotspot) state are the problem not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter