• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Disney wants to boost their attendance whenever things get back to normal .. they just drop the prices of all the APs and the uber fans will gobble them up and visit 2-3 times in 2021-2022.

But until then .. I can't see buying/renewing an AP at the current prices. I am looking at going in November .. and I would probably (under normal circumstances) get an AP and go again 2-3 times from Nov. 2020-Nov. 2021 (like I did back in 2018-2019) ... but I just can't see doing that now if restrictions aren't lifted by then.

I think they want to keep crowds pretty low (but those that come they want to spend $ on a room) for a bit and then they expect the fans will pay extra $ for all the 50th stuff

As a fellow Passholder, I will say that I understand your source of dissatisfaction and I hope/imagine/believe that Disney will be tinkering with the number of reservations available in the different buckets. They need to have enough availability that if a guest arrives at the gate, ready to spend money (you as a Passholder has already spent it), that they can accommodate that day guest. But, they may not need such a big bucket of reservations for the day guests. They will likely be evaluating how many reservations to have available in each bucket.

I would recommend that you contact Passholder Services and let them know that you want that day guest availability to be added to the Passholder side the day before or something like that. But, I don't think arriving without a reservation is a good idea. What is that poor CM at the entrance going to do? They will likely tell you that you need to make a reservation to be able to enter the parks. I was on hold for hours to get my park reservations done. It's not like a non-IT CM can simply give you a reservation.

I would go so far as to say that they *should not* allow access to a walk-up AP, even if there are open spots in the other "buckets". For one person, it might seem reasonable, but the problem is the precedent that it would set - if they allowed it for one, they would have to allow all APs to do walk-ups, meaning they would end up with a whole crowd of people without reservations trying to get in at opening time. And a Rise-of-the-Resistance-style crowd to get there first is exactly the sort of thing they desperately need to avoid right now.

Hopefully they can work out a way to balance the "buckets" better, or at least release the available spots to APs the day before or something, but as long as they are using the reservation system to control crowd sizes, *everyone* needs to have their reservation already in place before they arrive so that the whole process goes smoothly and avoids crowds and pile-ups.

We leave on Wednesday so I called the Florida hotline that those in the other threads got their information from. The man I talked to said he had heard of no such talk of any additional state restrictions and he said he thinks if that was gonna happen it would have been done when the tri state restrictions were extended. The only place that I have found any trace of this rumor is in these threads on these boards. Nothing on twitter or any searches of anything discussing additional states being added. Anyone have different sources other than just hearsay in here and the other couple of threads?

I will also add to just keep checking if you don't have your 3 reservations already booked. I was able to pick up an AP reservation for tomorrow this morning. I think it was probably just sheer luck of someone dropping it about the same time as I was looking.

I went ahead and canceled one of my 3 days so I could do this, but haven’t had any luck. Even on day one of reservations, 30 minutes before 7am when they supposedly were opening up I kept seeing availability for both parks on the 11th but it never let me book them. They really need to grey out the parks that are unavailable one screen earlier rather than making it look like they are available until you click on it.

Anyway, there’s nothing anyone on here can do about it so I’ll stop. It’s just very depressing to be treated this way by a place I love so much, and even more depressing that the consensus seems to be that it’s ok. I wish I could just magically not care about Disney and move on. I’ve got plenty of other APs to other parks I can go to instead, but they just don’t do it for me. I uprooted our lives to move here and at this point my mental health is at an all time low. I just feel like the unluckiest person ever.

Last edited:
I went ahead and canceled one of my 3 days so I could do this, but haven’t had any luck. Even on day one of reservations, 30 minutes before 7am when they supposedly were opening up I kept seeing availability for both parks on the 11th but it never let me book them. They really need to grey out the parks that are unavailable one screen earlier rather than making it look like they are available until you click on it.

Anyway, there’s nothing anyone on here can do about it so I’ll stop. It’s just very depressing to be treated this way, and even more depressing that the consensus seems to be that it’s ok. I wish I could just magically not care about Disney and move on. I’ve got plenty of other APs to other parks I can go to instead, but they just don’t do it for me. I uprooted our lives to move here and at this point my mental health is at an all time low. I just feel like the unluckiest person ever.

The only hope I can provide is that I think this is temporary. Like the next 60 days temporary.

Have nothing to back that up except pixie dust, lol

On bus to DS. Based on what I heard from others, I was expecting to wait 4 minutes after the last person got off the bus, but we were immediately told we could board. The driver looked at the time and said she was 6 minutes ahead of schedule and apologized that we’d have to wait.

Anyway, there’s nothing anyone on here can do about it so I’ll stop. It’s just very depressing to be treated this way, and even more depressing that the consensus seems to be that it’s ok. I wish I could just magically not care about Disney and move on. I’ve got plenty of other APs to other parks I can go to instead, but they just don’t do it for me. I uprooted our lives to move here and at this point my mental health is at an all time low. I just feel like the unluckiest person ever.
This thread moves too fast for me to post much but I don’t think it’s okay to do this to passholders. I’m sure there are many others who feel the same way and haven’t chimed in. I hope you get back to your happy place. Disney is truly a light in a dark time for many of us.

I’m not so sure they’re going to start mixing between buckets. The discounts lead me to believe they’ve got a good amount of resort inventory they want to fill, even without all them open, and even when the overall park attendance is being capped. Unless they mix the buckets day of, I think it stays how it is right now. They warned APs of difficulty making reservations, I think resort guest availability stays as open as they can keep it as a motivator for people to book stays.

The decisions they’ve made with APs are understandable and make sense, but not when you consider the lack of clarity surrounding a lot of the details and the inability for a lot of us to make a decision what to do.

We leave on Wednesday so I called the Florida hotline that those in the other threads got their information from. The man I talked to said he had heard of no such talk of any additional state restrictions and he said he thinks if that was gonna happen it would have been done when the tri state restrictions were extended. The only place that I have found any trace of this rumor is in these threads on these boards. Nothing on twitter or any searches of anything discussing additional states being added. Anyone have different sources other than just hearsay in here and the other couple of threads?
It was from someone who has said he doesn't believe in quarantines and is coming from a state under the current mandatory quarantine, so take it with a grain of salt the size of a spoon.

Don't read too much into "consensus" here. The Disney Diehards are extremely loud and therefore appear as a much larger percentage than they are IRL - shocking for a Disney Board I know ;) WDW isn't throwing out 35% local and 40% AP discounts cause business is booming.

I'm sorry you're feeling so down. It's definitely made worse when on top of that your happy place is dragging you down even further. I'm not in a great place myself. I have choice words for Disney that aren't remotely acceptable here lol. So, I feel some of your pain and I sympathize. I hope you find something to brighten your lives soon.

Last edited:

Well that's something, at least, finally. I'm still really upset that they were careless enough with people's bank account info to let that incident happen in the first place. And it still took them a full week to realize that they should make any kind of statement about taking responsibility for fees their error caused. Ugh.

Well that's something, at least, finally. I'm still really upset that they were careless enough with people's bank account info to let that incident happen in the first place. And it still took them a full week to realize that they should make any kind of statement about taking responsibility for fees their error caused. Ugh.
They did make a statement right away that it was a mistake and they were working to fix it. Definitely glad Disney sounds like they will work with those who may have incurred any sort of fees from the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter