Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see his response to "mr. morrow"? "At least I didn't have to make seven stops at Saratoga Springs before ending up at my final destination." LOL!!

Lol...I'm loving him more and more every day. I don't follow bball, but asked my teenage son about him and he said he really doesn't play much (I think just got put/traded to a team) and asked me why I cared or why I said I think I like him...I told him it's not about his basketball skills lol. Sounds like his brother gets a lil more playing time??? Either way they seem like our kind of ppl. :)

Honestly though, Disney being open does very little to influence the numbers, as evidence by today and the past two weeks numbers.

Normal 3 months ago will never be normal again. Short of shutting down only "essential" businesses forever, there will always be spikes.
It's the acceptance of this that will help everyone cope with our new reality.
The impact of Disney being open will not be known for a few weeks. And maybe not ever. Because 1) FLA does not trace effectively 2) they don’t report out of state residents in there test numbers
I’m willing to say it may all be ok and not cause an issue but I would not spoke the ball after being open a few days. That is actually how much of the country got into this mess, declaring mission accomplished too soon...

I believe Disney knows pretty much how many guests are international and took that in to consideration in their planning. I don’t think they’ll close a couple days a week like parks owned by UK based Merlin does. It’s a bit different here and Disney has a set amount they want in the park. As things tame down I think you’ll see attendance rise over the months.
I sure Disney are aware of the make up of its visitors, however they dont act as if they do know. I know it kind of mute subject due to travel restrictions but UK web site only sells 2021 tickets with no explanation of why 2020 tickets are not available, DVC and Disney still sending emails out to overseas visitors giving details of 2020 requirements, when speaking to Disney no one seems to know or is willing to say why 2020 tickets are not available on the UK site. They are either incompetent or for some reason being underhand. Why don't they just update the site and put on the site that due to current circumstances they are not making 2020 tickets availible in the uk at least it would save hours of phone calls getting nowhere.
Disney do know the numbers but I do think some do under estimate the numbers and value of overseas visitors

I d
I sure Disney are aware of the make up of its visitors, however they dont act as if they do know. I know it kind of mute subject due to travel restrictions but UK web site only sells 2021 tickets with no explanation of why 2020 tickets are not available, DVC and Disney still sending emails out to overseas visitors giving details of 2020 requirements, when speaking to Disney no one seems to know or is willing to say why 2020 tickets are not available on the UK site. They are either incompetent or for some reason being underhand. Why don't they just update the site and put on the site that due to current circumstances they are not making 2020 tickets availible in the uk at least it would save hours of phone calls getting nowhere.
Disney do know the numbers but I do think some do under estimate the numbers and value of overseas visitors
I don't think that they were selling any 2020 tickets, until the recent announcement.

Has the UK restricted visitors from the US? If so, that may be why.

I d

I don't think that they were selling any 2020 tickets, until the recent announcement.

This is after the announcement that 2020 were availible. I have a November DVC booking and have had mails from both DVC and Disney advising of new requirements, no mention of tickets not available to non US visitors, all I'm asking is for them to be open and explain what the situation is. Has the UK web site just not been updated or is it a active decision to not make tickets availible, no one seems to know or want to give me a straight answer.
Can't see as UK restricting USA visitors makes a difference, yes USA restricting overseas visitors does, but it does mean we will be at a disadvantage when they do open up.
I would completely understand if they were to restrict overseas visitors until 2021 but if this is there aim just come out and say it, to me its seems they are just trying to keep their options open while keeping people in limbo, or could it be that they are that poorly organised?

When you return from a US visit, you will be the US visitor possibly bringing the disease back with you.
Yes but it's not really about travel restrictions its about Disney being open about what they are doing, and just stringing me along. All im asking is for someone at disney to tell me what their current policy is. After several call and emails no one seems to be able to give me an answer. if I can't purchase the extra ticket, I cant reserve my park day so if travel restrictions are lifted I may be left with DVC booking I can't cancel, flights I can't get refunds for as restrictions have been lifted but no chance of getting park reservation as ive been unable to purchase a ticket.
Sorry to keep banging on about it but it's just in the hope someone from Disney PR follows these boards and takes note of the unexplained discrepancy between the ticket purchasing sites. When i phone the uk they tell me to call the U.S. and when i speakt to the U.S. they say call the U.K. number.

I d

Until 8th June anyone could enter UK without restriction.

Between 8th June and 10th July everyone entered the UK needed 14 days quarantine I think no restricted country of origin.

Since 10th of July some has to quarantine for 14 days (US visitors has to) some doesn`t.

The impact of Disney being open will not be known for a few weeks. And maybe not ever. Because 1) FLA does not trace effectively 2) they don’t report out of state residents in there test numbers
I’m willing to say it may all be ok and not cause an issue but I would not spoke the ball after being open a few days. That is actually how much of the country got into this mess, declaring mission accomplished too soon...
There have been no reports of outbreaks tied to UO and Disney appears to have taken even better precautions. It appears it’s the bars, which have been shut down, that was a large contributor to cases. They are also reporting gyms as having some issues. In general it’s sad to say some of the younger crowd is not taking this seriously and then spreading it to the more vulnerable. I don’t believe anyone has ever said it’s mission accomplished. Rather states are now seeing their peaks and doing their very best to find a balance of safety and people needing to work to keep a roof over their head and put food on the table for their families. This isn’t an event that affects only our physical health. It’s up to each of us to determine what’s safe for us to do and take personal responsibility for following the suggested guidelines.

Okay, check mark on the popcorn question, thank you :)!

And second: Does anyone know whether we have to present our receipts for the refillable mugs each time we would like the CM to fill them up, or can they just scan the mug themselves on the RFID platform to verify validity before filling them? I’m wondering if I can even just keep a picture on my phone of the receipt once we purchase them on arrival.

goooood question about the mugs - I didn’t even think about that. I watched a YouTube video of people at Vero Beach DVC resort and they just walked up with their mugs and the CM filled up a paper cup and handed it to them. I didn’t see anything being scanned I don’t think??

I’ve been known to watch some Must-Do Disney on YouTube from time to time. :rotfl:

this is one of my favorite things to do if I’m stressed out- I have no idea why but listening to 2017’s Must Do Disney or hearing about how great Mickeys Philharmagic is going to be just puts me in the best mood 😆
Some people listen to meditation music. I listen to Stacy screeching about the Tower of Terror.

This may have been posted already but this Twitter account is retweeting virtually all of the stuff players are posting from the bubble. Some of it is pretty entertaining.

https://twitter.com/NBABubbleLife?s=21
I may have been under a rock, but I thought they were only using GDT for the players? EDIT: Never mind, these are the reporters!

And, Matisse's room at GF had one of the beds removed (the headboard was there, but the bed wasn't), but this room at CSR has both beds.

Last edited:
I'm hoping when I go next week those are mostly deserted. I'm not sure I'd be too comfortable if they are crowded.

BTW, to everyone - about my last comment, I misread and thought we were talking about society at large (esp Twitter), not this thread. I wasn't really following the conversation so I didn't mean anything to individuals. If you're on this board, we all get to go to Disney.
It wasn’t crowded, but take Clorox wipes because they don’t wipe down the table after people leave. I think they have scheduled cleaning time, but I prefer to wipe down the table before taking off my mask to relax.

Lol...I'm loving him more and more every day. I don't follow bball, but asked my teenage son about him and he said he really doesn't play much (I think just got put/traded to a team) and asked me why I cared or why I said I think I like him...I told him it's not about his basketball skills lol. Sounds like his brother gets a lil more playing time??? Either way they seem like our kind of ppl. :)
He came to the Bucks last year. He plays with his twin brother, Brook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter