• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are considering just the opposite, making EP our only 2 day park. We have visited all 4 parks once this trip, now trying to decide which to repeat tomorrow, our last day. We usually visit every park at least twice, 7-10 day trips with at least a half day in a park every day. This trip was different in many ways, but we really felt like we 'finished' each park on our one day there. We have a park pass for HS tomorrow, but considering whether to switch to EP or MK, or just chill in the pool.

We didn't see any of the characters at Epcot, so I kind of want to go back for that--the cavalcade sounds like it is worth seeing. We arrived late and spent a while in future world, then it rained for a couple hours. We circled the whole World Showcase, but it was after 7pm. I understand that there is no set schedule, but does anyone know what time others have seen characters? We've had pretty awful luck on catching characters all week. HS aparently has three sets of characters that drive through the park, but we literally saw the same Pixar group 4 times, and Dis Jr once. After missing them for 2 dsys, we really want to see Mickey and friends somehow before we leave!
We saw all of them, some we saw loop around a second time. They were cute and very interactive. It seemed like they looped World Showcase every 15 to 30 minutes. They also had some musicians singing and playing instruments on the stage in front of America. I love Epcot, I was just sad to see Future World so torn up.

It was so hot! My son failed the temperature check and had to cool down in the tent and drink water. They said his sunburn probably made it worse. When they checked him again it was around 97 degrees.

In my opinion, Epcot has been by far the most affected park. Even with Food and Wine, I am not sure it is worth a day. So many shops are closed and it isn't the same without the workers from other countries. Future World is so ugly with all the walls and no fountain. The good news: Boulangerie Patisserie less Halles in France was open.

Epcot is one of my favorite parks, but I would skip going to it, unless you are at Disney for several days.
I’m glad to hear that the Patisserie is open! Their croissants are amazing!

Les Halles being open is awesome news! How about Kringla?

In my opinion, Epcot has been by far the most affected park. Even with Food and Wine, I am not sure it is worth a day. So many shops are closed and it isn't the same without the workers from other countries. Future World is so ugly with all the walls and no fountain. The good news: Boulangerie Patisserie less Halles in France was open.

Epcot is one of my favorite parks, but I would skip going to it, unless you are at Disney for several days.

When did they open La Boulangerie? It was closed on Wednesday. Grumble.

Found some Pin Trading at MK today. Fantasy Faire, after Philharmagic, has a board as does the store after Space. According to the CM at FF, each land is suppose to have one buy she wasnt sure where any others were except hetlrs and the Tomorrowland one.

Also, found a second place in AK near the bridge as you come in to Africa from the island. Its near the old pin cart there. The first I found was in Dinoland near Primeval Whirl.

Afternoons are still best bet for touring any and all parks, especially if you can handle the heat.

[QUOTE="only hope, post: 62147869,]

I thought the hold up was Disney refusing to test. This is ridiculous. All the people I saw in entertainment at Uni wore masks. Why can’t the entertainment cm at Disney do that too? Yeah, it looks different and means you can’t forget even during entertainment that there’s a pandemic, but the tm/cm and guests safety is more important. I don’t understand why WDW would place image above safety.
[/QUOTE]
I think the issue is cost. Disney gets to save money while shifting the blame to the union. Of course guests would understand if performers had to wear masks.

Well, today is the day! I'm so excited, I've been up since 4am! We will hopefully hit Epcot this evening.

I changed our hotel yesterday from CR Tower TPV with 35% off FD recovery offer / price protection to Poly Standard Studio with AP discount. Yes, a day before arriving. You know us DISers, always monkeying with our reservations.

I'll report back on our experiences. If anyone needs any specific info, let me know and I will try to find out!

I don't use them but did see people getting dropped off by them at dhs and ak. Obviously they have to wait with everyone else for the toll plaza to open, only place they don't have to wait is for drop of at ttc
I thought ride share drops where near bus drop off. In the past that’s where we were dropped off. They entered via bus line on the two we used last year. Maybe it has changed .

We have taken Lyft to animal Kingdom and TTC so far and it was the same as any other time in terms of time/cost/drop off locations.
Last year at AK ours dropped us at the bus area . They didn’t enter with the cars. Is that what yours did?

I thought ride share drops where near bus drop off. In the past that’s where we were dropped off. They entered via bus line on the two we used last year. Maybe it has changed .
I believe the only one that drops near the buses is at epcot. Ak and dhs stop in the regular parking to the side

Going to epcot today ro complete all 4 parks, have to admit, without the voices of liberty or British revolution is the park i look forward the least, none of the attractions really call to me except spaceship earth.
I do see myself spending time and money inside world showplace though. Streaming starting around 11 if anyone wants to watch

Going to epcot today ro complete all 4 parks, have to admit, without the voices of liberty or British revolution is the park i look forward the least, none of the attractions really call to me except spaceship earth.
I do see myself spending time and money inside world showplace though. Streaming starting around 11 if anyone wants to watch
Please keep an eye out to how much shopping is available in the showcase . We arrive in two weeks and my daughters love shopping there. Stay safe and have fun.

I'm heading to HS today to make it all 4 parks!

So technically I'm going to beat you! ha! ;) :rotfl:

I was able to confirm on Twitter that Enchanted Rose reopened at least as of 7/9.

We totally missed that Enchanted Rose had reopened! But we were very pleasantly surprised last night when we wandered over to GF after dinner at Kona Cafe and it was open. They’re not doing the tableside cocktails right now, but the drinks we had were great and it was a really nice experience with barely anyone else there.

I'm heading to HS today to make it all 4 parks!

So technically I'm going to beat you! ha! ;) :rotfl:
Do you know what time they are actually letting people in the parks at HS? We are at saratoga and are considering getting an Uber this morning instead of buses to make sure we are inside as soon as they actually start letting people in. Its posted here that buses start running at 9:30 and that is cutting it to close for me. Wondering what time to get the Uber. I read somewhere that yesterday they were already open at 9:20

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter