Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are wish kids even going right now? During a pandemic? I'm not being snarky, I am really curious.

Formally? No idea but if your child or family member is in that situation, you are going on that trip.

I realize that likely wasnt the situation in question, but blanket rules because we cant figure it out are not the solution. And again I am all for the mask requirements.

Because there are some rules that are so arbitrary that it frustrates people. It may be a families one and only trip that they saved a lifetime for and they would like some normal memories of it.

Im not here to debate masks as in general I agree, but there are exceptions like that situation that need to be made and should/would have no effect on the anyone else.
So it’s okay for adults to get angry at CM’s who have nothing to do with the creation of the rule because they’re “frustrated”?

There are many 4/5 year olds that are capable of managing their anger in that situation.

Or they can just develop better rules that suit certain situations like this rather than going the blanket mask rule is easier.
The blanket rule is the easiest. If you rely on people to behave and do the right thing...they wont. The rule as they have it now is appropriate at clearly spelled out for all who are going. Those going who can't adhere ahould stay home.

Give Kids The World is closed until further notice so that housing option is not currently available for Wish Kids.

I hope they’re doing well over there. I havent heard much about them since the shutdown, I think Pete has talked about them once, early on

Are wish kids even going right now? During a pandemic? I'm not being snarky, I am really curious.
Give Kids The World resort where most stay is closed so not sure how many are there. from what GKTW has said sounds like they would help any child who might not make it much longer but nothing for sure

Has anyone eaten at Topolino's Terrace recently for breakfast? I watched Prince Charming Dev's video about it, and he said it was an all you can eat situation with the entrees but nothing indicates that on the Disney website - it would, however, make the price easier to swallow....

ALSO - what is going on with the Equity Union and Disney? I know that the union is pushing for testing and Disney said they think they don't need it - but is the union itself split on this? I've seen videos from actors in the union saying they want to go back and think that the union is applying old school theater rules to Disney shows that are often outside or in larger arenas - anyone have any insider info that I can stew on and draw conclusions from?

Let's speculate about what's going on with the food and wine booths. Stop talking about masks! 😂
They are changing around some of the booths. Some just closed and some of the others that were announced but stated to arrive later in the festival are preparing to open. Instead of just adding those booths, they’re removing some and replacing. I’m guessing they’re removing some of the lowest performing booths. Andy posted about this a day or 2 ago.

That isn't going to fly. Disney made the rule. If they let one family do it then everyone would want to. Then it pops up on social media that people have pictures without masks. Then it's a free for all.

It's not a good time for a "one and only" trip.
If they are going to let people eat and drink when they remove themselves from the main area of traffic while they are stopped, they should let people do the same for a picture. I can see saying something if they are standing in the middle of the pathway or are around other people. If people have removed themselves from others and or out of the way, it shouldn't be an issue.

At some point common sense needs to be used. I want mask compliance. People will tend to be less compliant with the rules if you enforce them in ways that seem nonsensical.

Last edited:
I thought they’d be open before July to have something domestic parks related to bring to the table at the Q3 reports because Q3 ended on June 30th. I said they’d be open June 1st because there were plenty of signs pointing towards it being open on that day, but it was all signs that I saw because in my mind that was going to be the date from the start.

I was was wrong twice on that one.

Up until around early May I thought mask mandates were going to be lax to a point where they’re suggested, not required at the parks. Once mid May hit I flipped 180 and didnt see Disney opening up without masks being mandatory.

Again, I was wrong until I changed my opinion.

Ive admitted to being wrong about those things and other things many, many times. But I also dont claim that my opinions are anything more than just that, opinions. I dont have “sources” like a certain someone on WDWmagic claims. Its ok to admit you’re wrong. If I was never wrong about my opinions, I’d have enough money to throw at a Club 33 membership. And pay Disney to put on an after hours fireworks show just for me.

Disney has done a lot of things right so far, and have done some things that are not so good, but seems to have fixed some of these things. One thing I still think they need to get right is changing the BG process for RotR. I still see pictures of people not eating/drinking or in a relaxation zone with masks off or nose out. While CMs cant be on top of every guest making sure they’re enforcing the rules at all times, from stories I’ve heard, they can still do better with enforcement. But you’re seeing a lot less distancing issues outside of DHS recently, and thats good. Even when things were going wrong, it wasn’t getting out of hand where they lost control of the guests. Issues seem to get resolved quickly.

They’ve proved that they were ready to open up when they did, and have done so responsibly, safety wise. If Disney was losing control of the parks and guests where you’re continuously see guests on top of each other, no one wearing masks while passing CMs not saying anything, Disney loading up ride vehicles with strangers not spaced out. Then maybe the “They shouldnt be open” argument would carry more weight right now. But they’re not breaking laws, running a lawless operation. There’s a reason people are saying they feel incredibly safe while on property

just so you know, I wasn’t referring to you.

Mask wearing has to be enforced.

But if there is a safe way to do it for a kid and it's approved and coordinated by CM's - I'd be good with it.

Hardcore rules seems great until you see a dying kid making their final wish.

I guess it’s all in the way you think about things. People stating that maybe it’s their one and only time at Disney or just wanting a “ normal” pic without a mask confuse me, honestly. THIS is our “normal” for now. I mean, I have a lot of pics of my DD with braces and acne because that was the “normal” at that time. This is where we are right now, accept it and follow the rules put in place.

Am I wrong to wish Disney had some type of extra Security Team walking around to help the poor CMs enforce the rules. I was there last week and saw too many folks who thought they were above the rules. We were walking through the line at SM which thank goodness was moving fast. There was a college age couple behind us. We stopped about two markers away from getting onto the ride vehicles. The guy behind us stopped about two feet into our space. The CM asked us how many in our party when we said three he looked at the guy in our space and asked him to move back behind his line. So we move up into the last space before we get on to the ride and here this guy is again two feet into our space. And again the cast member looks at him and ask him to get back behind his line. The guy shrugged his shoulders as if to argue with the CM. Finally he goes back behind his line. And as soon as the CM turned his back to do his job he stepped BACK into our space just to be a you know what. At that point my husband said something along the lines of “Come on man” to the guy.
I wish the CM would’ve had someone else able to come in and deal with this guy. Oh yes and to make this person even more obnoxious as we were taking off on the ride he yelled at us to “Have a nice flight”. I mean really.

If they are going to let people eat and drink when they remove themselves from the main area of traffic while they are stopped, they should let people do the same for a picture. I can see saying something if they are standing in the middle of the pathway or are around other people. If people have removed themselves from others and or out of the way, it shouldn't be an issue.

Out some point common sense needs to be used. I want mask compliance. People will tend to be less compliant with the rules if you enforce them in ways that seem nonsensical.

People will also be less compliant if they walk by a group of people taking their picture without masks on in a random area of the park. This was a family taking their own picture. So if that's fine - what's stopping them from doing that all over the park? We are talking about the difference between dedicated and non dedicated places.

I don't understand the debate here - it's a rule. if you dont like it don't come? They have areas where you can and cannot wear masks and I'm sure there are reasons for not removing them in pictures - they also won't give you your photopass pics off rides, if you remove your mask. Do you have an issue with that? Or is that ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter