Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that numbers are dropping but at this point that only helps so much. People keep forgetting that there is a lot of people not working right now. I have my doubts things will change much by the Holiday season.

Who? Who is “forgetting” that there “is” (are) a lot of people not working right now? You say this about a new topic every day “People are forgetting....”. People not talking about it isnt “forgetting”. I’m pretty sure everyone on DISboards is well aware of the situation we’re in. Some are in better shape than others. There are people here that are still taking non-local vacations. There’s an article about Travel Shaming. Which means vacations are still being taken. Not a single person has said that Disney is going to be jam packed with out-of-state guests for the foreseeable future. That doesn’t mean no one is traveling to Disney. I’m going to Disney next week. I havent “forgotten” that people are out of work. But I’m not out of work, and neither is my significant other. I can only control what’s going on in my life. You continue to talk as if you have a vested interest in the attendance at Disney, but you’re someone that hates Disney, so its just weird that you pay so much attention to something you dont like.

Who? Who is “forgetting” that there “is” (are) a lot of people not working right now? You say this about a new topic every day “People are forgetting....”. People not talking about it isnt “forgetting”. I’m pretty sure everyone on DISboards is well aware of the situation we’re in. Some are in better shape than others. There are people here that are still taking non-local vacations. There’s an article about Travel Shaming. Which means vacations are still being taken. Not a single person has said that Disney is going to be jam packed with out-of-state guests for the foreseeable future. That doesn’t mean no one is traveling to Disney. I’m going to Disney next week. I havent “forgotten” that people are out of work. But I’m not out of work, and neither is my significant other. I can only control what’s going on in my life. You continue to talk as if you have a vested interest in the attendance at Disney, but you’re someone that hates Disney, so its just weird that you pay so much attention to something you dont like.
Calm down and think of the Carpets, 1 week left and you’ll be riding your beloved Carpets. Deep breathes and thoughts of Carpets.

Aventura guests are being moved to Cabana Bay, not really an upgrade but they’re being offered a $50 hotel dining credit. Sapphire Falls guests are being moved to Royal Pacific or Hard Rock. I called to change my Sapphire Falls res as soon as I received notice, was offered RPR first but requested HRH instead and was accommodated. I was planning to change my package and get an AP with AP room rate at SF, so now I’m out the $200 I was going to save by doing that. ☹

This won't help you now but just wanted to mention that you can book AP rates at UO hotels before you actually buy/upgrade to an AP. Not sure your exact situation with your package but just wanted to mention it in case it might help in the future.

You’ve said what needed to be said. I’m confused why some posters on here who are definitely Disney haters keep coming on here. Perhaps they could start a thread to spew their Disney negativity where the rest of us aren’t constantly bombarded by it. I love Disney but have my frustrations with them at this time. But at the end of the day I still support the brand and eagerly look forward to when things will be more normal to enjoy what they have to offer.

For anyone that wants to watch Fireworks on demand, on YouTube, I’ll plug Craigs livestream watch-along of Mickey’s Not So Scary fireworks which was recorded last night, the night that would have been the first MNSSHP

Ugh I miss Hallowishes 😭 the new show just didn’t do it for us. Thank goodness for YouTube

Can I ask how we know or why we're so sure they're not increasing capacity.

So I saw a video for a vlogger who said he had heard about an increase in capacity coming soon....now it could be a lot of nothing, it could be unsubstantiated rumor. But, he very well could have some inside contacts that passed that info on.

That’s why its called a “Phased Reopening”. They’re not going to go from ~10,000 guest capacity to ~30,000 at DHS over night and let things get out of control. It’ll be a few thousand at a time. As I said, eventually theyre going to increase the capacity, and I’d bet money on it being before everyone in the country is comfortable with being around crowds of people. I hope those people in IG aren’t thinking that Disney is going to be “uncrowded” forever. Its going to go back to being busy. Not tomorrow, not next week, but it will be back to pre-pandemic crowds. Enjoy the empty parks, but dont get too used to them. The crowds now are much different than what they were a month ago today. They might be less this time next month than they are right now. But a hypothetical capacity number increasing only means more potential dollars for them. Worst case? They make the same amount they would without increasing the capacity

Going to be? I've seen pictures, I've seen wait times. It's not "going to be." It is busy. Just because Mine Train may not have a 3 hour wait....that doesn't mean it's not busy.

I haven't seen empty parks for quite some time.

Yes, it will be back to pre-pandemic crowds, but it should absolutely 100% not be anytime in the next year. Not while all the pre-cautions are still going on. If anything, they should keep limited crowds and jack up the price...make it exclusive.

Am I allowed to complain about crowds yet?

I thought last weekend was supposed to be a one-off because it was locals' last hurrah before school started. Sounds like this weekend is more of the same.

I'm becoming very, very concerned about our September trip.
I'm a bit concerned as well. During the week should hopefully be light at least. If not at least SAB is now open so we can just go chill there.

The whole argument on upping capacity is so completely pointless. We have no clue what the number is, we have no clue when Disney will up it. The only thing we know is the 2 out of 3 pool of ticket holders has not hit capacity. As far as i know there might not be a cap at all at the moment other than ap holders not staying on property.

The whole argument on upping capacity is so completely pointless. We have no clue what the number is, we have no clue when Disney will up it. The only thing we know is the 2 out of 3 pool of ticket holders has not hit capacity. As far as i know there might not be a cap at all at the moment other than ap holders not staying on property.

This has been my fear for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter