Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the age limit throws a lot of people through a loop. I’ve gone to downtown Disney a lot and so many parents come not realizing their 2 year old needs a mask. In other places, even in California, 2 Year olds don’t need a mask.
Yes I have not been anywhere else where it’s required for a 2 yr old.

No, I would not feel differently, because I would not want my child unmasked in a theme park during a pandemic. I also don’t think it’s fair to the other guests - best and safest scenario is as many guests in masks as possible. So, we would not go unless our children could wear a mask anyway - regardless of what the rule was.

Anyway, it’s not even worth debating because the age is 2 and up and there is no credible sign of that changing.
Curious if you have kids. Sounds like you’re suggesting ppl should keep their children locked in the house until they are old enough to wear masks. If you have kids, certainly you can see how this would not be practical.

We have our Droid Depot reservation on Tuesday (the 15th), does the ap discount work in there? And of course Savis opens back up the day we leave. Lol i guess we'll save that for December and hope all the things are back in there by then.

DHS was pretty crowded today. 60+ minutes for headliners for a good portion of the day. Last 2 hours were fantastic though except for the rain.

Curious if you have kids. Sounds like you’re suggesting ppl should keep their children locked in the house until they are old enough to wear masks. If you have kids, certainly you can see how this would not be practical.

Yes, as mentioned in my previous post I have a 4 year old and a 5 year old. Very familiar with how 2 year olds are - having kids 18 months apart, once my oldest turned 3, my youngest turned 2 shortly after!

I personally would not bring either of them to a theme park with thousands of other people in the middle of a pandemic unless they could successfully wear a mask. That doesn’t mean we would be locked in our house live under a rock forever 🤣. It’s a mass gathering and I think it’s best for as many people as possible in larger crowds to be masked during this time. Raising the age would increase the number of unmasked people in the park significantly.

Again, not worth discussing because Disney’s rule is 2 & up and there’s no sign of it changing anyway!

Yes, as mentioned in my previous post I have a 4 year old and a 5 year old. Very familiar with how 2 year olds are, having kids 18 months apart once my oldest was done with 2 my younger one turned 2!

I personally would not bring either of them to a theme park with thousands of other people in the middle of a pandemic unless they could successfully wear a mask. That doesn’t mean we would be locked in our house live under a rock forever 🤣

Again, not worth discussing because Disney’s rule is 2 & up and there’s no sign of it changing.

More power to you. I’ll continue to support places where my kids don’t have to wear a mask.

And really things change and while probably won’t change in next month or two doesn’t mean it’s gonna be another year either and I do see Disney changing the age before other things.

My DD was two when COVID started (admittedly an old 2 at 33 months) we made a game of mask wearing and put it in her toy medical kit. it took one evening to teach her about wearing a mask. She has no trouble with it and wears it whenever in a public space without issue. 2 is a common age for mask requirements. It is also the age of requirement at Disney and in my opinion should be. why Are we still whining about this?

We have our Droid Depot reservation on Tuesday (the 15th), does the ap discount work in there? And of course Savis opens back up the day we leave. Lol i guess we'll save that for December and hope all the things are back in there by then.

DHS was pretty crowded today. 60+ minutes for headliners for a good portion of the day. Last 2 hours were fantastic though except for the rain.
They had a package in July that included a droid, personality chip, and backpack. You could use the AP discount on that but not a droid by itself. I'm unsure if they're still offering the package.

My DD was two when COVID started (admittedly an old 2 at 33 months) we made a game of mask wearing and put it in her toy medical kit. it took one evening to teach her about wearing a mask. She has no trouble with it and wears it whenever in a public space without issue. 2 is a common age for mask requirements. It is also the age of requirement at Disney and in my opinion should be. why Are we still whining about this?

My daughter turned 2 on March 24. So, at the beginning of lock down. She wears a mask everywhere, reminds us to wear them and asks to wear her kitty mask or her rainbow mask or whatever. Where we live it’s mandatory in inside public places. Our airlines have mandated them for 2 and up on flights.
Most importantly if we went to Disney right now she wouldn’t think it was weird or inconvenient or hard to wear a mask because it’s just part of her routine. Her fun level would be the same as it was in January when she didn’t have a mask. What would be more confusing for her is if she saw lots
of kids without them. So, I guess I’m glad the mandate is there on a lot of different levels.

Not all 2 year olds are like yours, there are many places referred to in this thread that have a higher age for their mask requirement, and why do you feel the need to insult people who have opinions different from yours by saying they’re whining?

Unfortunately, some people cannot accept the policies Disney has set to open safely if those policies are inconvenient for them. Can’t go very long here without someone complaining about masks - they should be able to be removed for photos, or they should raise the mask age, how much longer will Disney require them, etc.

People are just unwilling to accept the safety policies Disney has put in place because it doesn’t work for them. Disney is open! It’s not for everyone right now - because it can’t be. There are lots of rules and limited experiences - but that’s how they have deemed it safe to open for guests and their cast members. There is such disrespect about Disney’s decisions about these policies. Sometimes I think people forget that there is actually still a pandemic going on.

Not all 2 year olds are like yours, there are many places referred to in this thread that have a higher age for their mask requirement, and why do you feel the need to insult people who have opinions different from yours by saying they’re whining?

I can’t speak for this poster but someone had said “if you had a two year old you’d feel differently”. Which is not a universal statement. I think people with two year olds are replying to disagree with that and to point out that there are people with 2 year olds who are glad/accepting of the Disney policy.

B/c it’s ridiculous. And as ppl have mentioned 33 mos is way different from 25 mos as I am sure you know.

Unfortunately, some people cannot accept the policies Disney has set to open safely if those policies are inconvenient for them. Can’t go very long here without someone complaining about masks - they should be able to be removed for photos, or they should raise the mask age, how much longer will Disney require them, etc.

People are just unwilling to accept the safety policies Disney has put in place because it doesn’t work for them. Disney is open! It’s not for everyone right now - because it can’t be. There are lots of rules and limited experiences - but that’s how they have deemed it safe to open for guests and their cast members. There is such disrespect about Disney’s decisions about these policies.
It’s not disrespectful to share opinions about Disney’s policies as long as no one is suggesting that they be disregarded. Sharing opinions is the nature of a discussion board, and Disney’s policies are not written in stone. They will change according to the progression of the virus and Disney’s own decision-making processes. There’s no harm in sharing one’s opinions with each other or with Disney as long as everyone commits to following whatever rules are in place.

It’s not disrespectful to share opinions about Disney’s policies as long as no one is suggesting that they be disregarded. Sharing opinions is the nature of a discussion board, and Disney’s policies are not written in stone. They will change according to the progression of the virus and Disney’s own decision-making processes. There’s no harm in sharing one’s opinions with each other or with Disney as long as everyone commits to following whatever rules are in place.

I was under the impression that mask debate was kind of off limits on this thread since Disney’s current policy is clear. It seems we are gently urged to move on from the mask opinion discussion rather frequently, but it is brought up daily. And somehow I always fall into the trap over and over again when mask complaints are brought up :)

I wish there was a way to mute posts with the word “masks” or “mask” so I wouldn’t be tempted to engage 🤣

I was under the impression that mask debate was kind of off limits on this thread since Disney’s current policy is clear. It seems we are gently urged to move on from the mask opinion discussion rather frequently, but it is brought up daily. And somehow I always fall into the trap over and over again when mask complaints are brought up :)

I wish there was a way to mute posts with the word “masks” or “mask” so I wouldn’t be tempted to engage 🤣
I certainly would like to move on from the mask debate.

I was reading your response when a psa featuring bob costas came on the tv and I think it’s perfect...it goes something like this “wearing a mask is common decency and common sense.”
I recognize there are challenges associated with universal mask usage and some children (and adults) cannot wear them for various reasons. Unfortunately, the mask rules mean they can’t come to Disney and these rules will remain in place for the foreseeable future.

I used the phrase whining because if you’ve been following this thread you will know these antimask rule conversations come up all too frequently and it is common sense to wear them so we can put COVID behind us and people who don’t wear masks are not showing decency for their fellow humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter