• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right and it’s more important than ever before to strike a balance between attracting guests period and attracting spendy guests.

I have to assume thats why they are not doing so many things suggested that would increase numbers in the parks (and even resorts). Just because it would increase spending doesn’t mean it would increase it enough to make it worth the additional expenses that often come along with it.

Yep and you also have to worry as well about attracting guests who are not going to follow the current rules. That is harder to quantify who those are but it is also a concern.

Wow I’m really interested now seeing how DL will handle thing when they reopen with discounts and such. Especially since DL is more local-based. I wonder if they will have to do stuff like this to get people to come ?

I doubt they give any discounts. They havent yet, as far as I know. With WoD open, you’d assume that they’d have given discounts out already if they were going to. But I dont see why they’d need to. Disneyland guests are much different than WDW. There is real pent up demand for DL to open. Id bet money on it being nearly impossible to score reservations (if they go that route) to either park for the first few weeks of being open. They’ll think its cute that WDW APs have a tough time getting into DHS.

I doubt they give any discounts. They havent yet, as far as I know. With WoD open, you’d assume that they’d have given discounts out already if they were going to. But I dont see why they’d need to. Disneyland guests are much different than WDW. There is real pent up demand for DL to open. Id bet money on it being nearly impossible to score reservations (if they go that route) to either park for the first few weeks of being open. They’ll think its cute that WDW APs have a tough time getting into DHS.

And DL is likely to be one that may complain more about no park hopping (assuming it's the same there) because a park hopper is SOOO convinet there since the two parks are about a football field apart. It's so easy to move from one park to the other in the middle of the day that no hopping will have a bigger effect on people there.

Any word on sassagoula boats or friendship boats? Does anyone know why they haven’t opened with social distancing like the buses? I would think since they are open air or at least more open air than buses for sure that they would have opened by now. We are staying OKW for Thanksgiving and it would be nice to have the boats if we decide to take a trip to Disney Springs.

Any word on sassagoula boats or friendship boats? Does anyone know why they haven’t opened with social distancing like the buses? I would think since they are open air or at least more open air than buses for sure that they would have opened by now. We are staying OKW for Thanksgiving and it would be nice to have the boats if we decide to take a trip to Disney Springs.
Pretty sure it's mainly a cost cutting decision. Also capacity for the boat would be cut in half so it makes more sense, operationally, to just use buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter