• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Panther in AK sounds like the worst idea ever. I just... omg NO. EP or DHS? Fine.

Do they even have rights to Black Panther on East Coast?

I don’t believe they do, but if I were a betting man, it’s only a matter of time before Disney and Universal strike a deal, unless Universal wants to completely retheme Springfield in a few years which they spent a lot of money on

I don’t believe they do, but if I were a betting man, it’s only a matter of time before Disney and Universal strike a deal, unless Universal wants to completely retheme Springfield in a few years which they spent a lot of money on

Do we know what deal they have on Springfield (ie - is it as iron-clad as the Marvel one?)

To add. Disney did not plan out an idea like Avengers campuses placed at one park in every Disney resort if they weren’t confident that eventually they’d get their hands on the rights again to put in their most popular resort in the world.

I would argue that Marvel on the East coast is more valuable to Comcast than the Simpsons.

They don’t see any merchandise revenue from Marvel. I believe it all goes to Disney. The land sits there just to purely eat guests. Now don’t get me wrong, I still love Superhero Island, and Spider-Man is one of the best rides in Orlando, if not the country. But how often does it even generate long waits? The last 3 or 4 times I’ve been to IOA it’s been a 5 minute wait.

They don’t see any merchandise revenue from Marvel. I believe it all goes to Disney. The land sits there just to purely eat guests. Now don’t get me wrong, I still love Superhero Island, and Spider-Man is one of the best rides in Orlando, if not the country. But how often does it even generate long waits? The last 3 or 4 times I’ve been to IOA it’s been a 5 minute wait.

You must time it well because I see it plus 30 a lot

You must time it well because I see it plus 30 a lot

Well I should have added that two of those times were of course 2 weeks ago where nothing at either park was over 5 minutes other than Hulk, which was consistently 60+ minutes and Hargirds at 15-30, and the other time being so soon after Irma that there was still debris on the walkway between Cabana Bay and City walk and it was the first night of HHN so people were either at the other park, or not going to the parks before the event started . So my experiences have been skewed outside of 1 or 2 of the additional times

We visited MK today and it was fantastic. They let people in at 8:30. Crowds were better than at HS yesterday until this afternoon, other than the hub. The new Halloween offerings seemed to bring out more bloggers than I knew existed, so all day at any given time there were dozens of people recording/streaming from the hub. Wait times were manageable most of the day. We were able to ride 23 rides today, in addition to lunch and snack breaks.

Masks and distancing were both great, better than on Saturday. I only saw one family blatantly ignoring the rules, with mom, dad, and kid all standing in line at BTMR sans masks.

It was great seeing all the costumes, although some of them looked horribly uncomfortable. It was blazing hot. Hats off to the guy wearing full length black robes. I don’t know how he didn’t melt into a puddle. Oddly enough, crowding seemed the worst during the hottest part of the day. Crowds and wait times dropped off dramatically during the last hour of the day.

A few thoughts from our trip, since we are leaving tomorrow: The cavalcades were amazing. I did not see anyone staking out the parade routes for them. Crowds did form whenever they appeared, but dissipated just as quickly. Each cavalcade at MK is only one character in front, one float, and one character or group of dancers on foot behind, so it does not last long. They seemed longer at HS, sometimes 2 cars and several walking characters. AK mostly used boats, and drew less of a crowd.

They really ought to have someone at each relaxation station selling ice cold water and personal fans. They could rake it in. Did I mention it was hot? I didn’t realize my face could sweat so much. Thank you to everyone on this board who recommended disposable masks and plenty of backups. Changing a hot wet mask for a nice fresh one regularly feels amazing.

The crowds were definitely higher than I was hoping for, but even with the reduced hours, we were able to everything we wanted to do. Really, the shortened hours were nice for us because it forced us not to overdo.

A big thank you to everyone on this board. I have read and enjoyed all of the past 2829 pages, and the information herein definitely helped me plan and execute this trip. Thank you so much!

One more thing I forgot to mention: the cleaning cycles today on Splash were not continuous. I noticed while we were waiting in line that we stopped moving for about 10 minutes. I figured it was a cleaning cycle, but then when we were two groups from the front, they stopped again. They only stopped for five minutes that time, cleaning probably a dozen boats before starting loading again. I noticed them doing this one other time later in the day, just cleaning a few boats that time. I think they were doing a few at a time periodically all day rather than stopping for a full cleaning cycle every two hours. It was nice because it spread the impact out.

Wildy off topic but:

Universal gives Disney Marvel for Simpsons, Indiana Jones and some Fox animated properties

Disney gets to Marvelize Disney World to its hearts content and Universal get to expand Springfield and add rides, turn Lost Continent to Indiana Jones and the Lost Continent, and add Ice Age to there parks (turn Toon Lagoon to a frozen, no pun intended, land).

I don't think they can use the character Black Panther as he was officially part of the Avengers at one point in the comics which is part of the restriction of the contract. BUT not clear if they could use Wakanda separate from the actual character

That is an interesting question... also what if wakanda was used as a sponsor.... like "Epcot Innovations... brought to you by Wakanda". In the movie they opened several community centers so putting their name on something science or techy would fit. Don't know if it is allowed though (and I doubt any of us do).

Any thoughts on when annual passes will be available again? When I called Disney the guy guessed it will be when park hopping comes back. I would much rather knowingly accept no park hopping right now and apply the money I spent on 2 days of tickets last week than have to buy more day tickets. My assumption is when the annual passholder bucket has more availability.

Any thoughts on when annual passes will be available again? When I called Disney the guy guessed it will be when park hopping comes back.

That is my guess too. Not until they can provide the service people expect. Probably also no until they can increase capacity (which will likely be around he same time) so AP reservations are not as hard to get as they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter