• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for some of my posts yesterday

Just got back from my staycation with friends. I had been looking forward to this for almost 4 months, and it was a pretty disappointing trip. Nothing from Disney's side, but more from the friends. I don't feel like going into much detail, but it's left me pretty depressed about it as this was supposed to be the only good moment for me of this year. Instead, it just made me feel even worse and more isolated/lonely.
I’m very sorry to hear that. Were they critical of wdw or just not good sports? Being the host for a wdw trip is high pressure either way and I’m sorry your planning and careful consideration was lost on your friends.

In general. Disney has not been known to give much credence to guest demands or petitions to bring things back.= that got the axe.

You’re absolutely right. In general I think they realize that the rabid fans who notice these more minor cuts and changes will keep coming back regardless and the general Disney going public who is less obsessed looks more at the big picture Disney experience.

I’m very sorry to hear that. Were they critical of wdw or just not good sports? Being the host for a wdw trip is high pressure either way and I’m sorry your planning and careful consideration was lost on your friends.

They're ap holders, so they're Disney people as well. Was just various things that made me feel depressed.

You’re absolutely right. In general I think they realize that the rabid fans who notice these more minor cuts and changes will keep coming back regardless and the general Disney going public who is less obsessed looks more at the big picture Disney experience.

Thats a nice way to put it!

I feel I'm rabid in the sense that I always want to visit every few years, but I certainly look more at the big picture.

Rides I miss when gone. Entertainment, I'm glad to see it change up.

Is the Frozen theater that much bigger than the Theater of the Stars? I figured that with closing out one theater and opening another it was kind of a wash - capacity-wise.
I don’t know of capacity, but Frozen is still very well attended and reports are that the Society show was sparse at best. Hopefully that theater will not be dark long and BatB returns, modified.

Last edited:

They're ap holders, so they're Disney people as well. Was just various things that made me feel depressed.
Sorry for some of my posts yesterday

Just got back from my staycation with friends. I had been looking forward to this for almost 4 months, and it was a pretty disappointing trip. Nothing from Disney's side, but more from the friends. I don't feel like going into much detail, but it's left me pretty depressed about it as this was supposed to be the only good moment for me of this year. Instead, it just made me feel even worse and more isolated/lonely.
I can understand and appreciate what your saying. I live minutes from the parks and miss the pre-covid Disney terribly- you are not alone

Could the pizza be better? Sure. But the theming is absolutely hilarious and it’s a must do for our family! We love our Rat Pizza.

I don’t understand why the standard Disney QS pizza has to be so bad! They’ve come so far with some of the QS locations (hello, Satuli Canteen!!) and then there’s that. Bleh 🤮. Sorry to all who love it, lol.

So I am confused. There are no longer any state requirements in Florida for masks and no fines but Disney and other parks can still enforce masks and refuse entry? Just a bit confused, thanks.
[/QUOTE ieve Florida ever had a State mandate for masks. However, some of their counties did have one including Orange county. Orange county has stated that they will continue with the mandate. Disney and other parks are private property so they can mandate masks if they want and for as long as they want even if the state does not mandate it.

I don’t understand why the standard Disney QS pizza has to be so bad! They’ve come so far with some of the QS locations (hello, Satuli Canteen!!) and then there’s that. Bleh 🤮. Sorry to all who love it, lol.

Pizza and Bagels are two things that really have no middle ground. There’s a lot of components to making pizza that can land it on either spectrum. There’s more “bad” pizza out there than great, its not just a Disney problem, but I’ll never get Pizza on Disney property again. A few years ago we tried the one on the Boardwalk and that was a taste I couldn’t get rid of the remainder of the trip

Is there a chance disney is offering park hopping or fast passes for well known vloggers? I've seen 3 of the more popular vloggers today posting that they've park hopped today and/or "missed using fast past+". Could they use them to test out or tease the return of these things or are they lying or am I mistaken and misreading? I can't stop thinking about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter