Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the impossibility they were referring to was not only getting to that %, but staying there. Now if they get to yellow, open DLR and UH, stay in yellow for a month or two, but numbers creep up into the Orange tier, but not trending much more, then maybe Newsom would reconsider his stance on shutting things down if theres a small jump in cases. But if thats not the case, then theres no much of a chance for Disneyland or Universal to not only open back up, but stay open.
I think it’s more reasonable to try reopening in the Orange tier.

I’m not necessarily sure it’s fair to compare a state the size of CT to CA.

just a reminder while we all have our opinions discussions on the politics aren’t allowed.
I think its fair to compare based on the population density.

Edit: Understood though
Edit 2: I would argue that a significant majority of these posts bashing CA are political. But using blatantly obvious coded language.

Last edited:
I think it just proved his case and he went "see?! Lines are out the queue areas and the walk ways are crowded! People from all over the place so close to each other!" it just drove it home to him without a second thought. Now, if the line situation was different, maybe it it looked more like it did in the early days of opening he wouldn't have been as tough. Maybe open in Orange? Maybe not have all the stuff about outside queues? Who knows. I was talking to my DH about it once I heard about the spies and said "I don't think they'll like what they see". Who knows if it would change his mind, but it definitely didn't help.
If if Newsom really thought operating theme parks could be a public health danger right now, he wouldn’t have sent his staff into those parks for days. This is just political theater. Those staffers didn’t even quarantine after returning to CA, but sure Newsom is really acting on the science.

Last edited:
It's that way in the NFL. About half the teams have fans not, not fair to the teams that don't, but oh well.

Therein takes away the advantage that some home teams (looking at the concave roof shape of the Superdome) don't have if played in a bubble and with minimum fans.

If if Newsom really thought operating theme parks could be a public health danger right now, he wouldn’t have sent his staff into those for days. This is just political theater. Those staffers didn’t even quarantine after returning to CA, but sure Newsom is really acting on the science.
How do you know that they didn't quarantine? Genuinely curious.

Edit: We need NATIONAL(from the Federal Gov) coordinated testing and contract tracing (all our iPhones have the capability to do this...) in order to get back to a semblance of "business as usual" for theme parks. The international Disney Theme parks are only open because they have been proactive about implementing these steps.

Last edited:
If if Newsom really thought operating theme parks could be a public health danger right now, he wouldn’t have sent his staff into those for days. This is just political theater. Those staffers didn’t even quarantine after returning to CA, but sure Newsom is really acting on the science.
something my brother said makes me think I want to see how this goes after the election is over. and he lives inn Ca

Edit: We need NATIONAL(from the Federal Gov) coordinated testing and contract tracing (all our iPhones have the capability to do this...) in order to get back to a semblance of "business as usual" for theme parks. The international Disney Theme parks are only open because they have been proactive about implementing these steps.
I at the very least would like to know their findings and how they were used to figure out these CA guidelines.

one of the news stations on Sirius. I don’t remember the specific station. They were tested before returning and again upon return, but didn’t quarantine.

I at the very least would like to know their findings and how they were used to figure out these CA guidelines.

Right. They clearly felt there were issues with indoor queuing. Maybe it’s that people bunch up too much indoors and if queuing is outside, CMs could police it more? Or mask compliance inside the lines is difficult to police indoors? I wonder if it has to do with easier enforcement outside.

Maybe they feel that it would be more difficult for California parks like Disneyland to pull off the same mitigation measures as WDW because of the limited space?

I just don’t understand. We definitely lean toward being more careful regarding covid. We still limit our activities, are pro-mask, social distancing, avoiding large gatherings, and even I feel these parks could open pretty safely. I just don’t get it.

Because basically nobody in CA who travels anywhere quarantines. (Our governor literally said a couple months back as long as you mask and follow social distancing it isn’t necessary.) If his staffers took a taxpayer paid vacay at home for two weeks after their tax payer paid FL trip? Yikes...

California doesn’t require quarantining upon entering the state.
You would think if Newsom thought theme parks were such a public health hazard that needed to remain closed in CA, he just wouldn’t turn his staffers loose on his state’s defenseless citizens after the staffers visited theme parks on his orders.

Last edited:
I think the road forward is pretty clear. First a lawsuit. If that fails they move the parks to a state that is a bit more favorable. I bet Texas would shower them with money and tax breaks if they were to move to Dallas. I’m sure they are quiet right now because they don’t want to show their hand. Anaheim is nothing but a third ring LA suburb without the theme parks. They could sell the land to be redeveloped into housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter