Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to comment too much as it gets political quickly but the only real options are for businesses to open so people can get paid or to pay workers to not come in to work (either via their company or the government). You can't really just shut everything down for a year+ and not provide money

That said, I have tons of mixed emotions around when I see people traveling down to WDW now or even see their commercials .... Numbers are going the wrong way and CDC is advising not traveling for Thanksgiving, etc. - I know we cancelled our Thanksgiving plans (was just over to my mom's house, would stay within our state) and are staying home.

So feels weird to have that take on one hand and then on the other be ok with traveling to WDW - but also know that if no one goes they will layoff more people (and Disney is doing the best they can to be as safe as possible, but still not as safe as not going)

So lots of mixed messaging and emotions and over thinking and obviously not helping my overall anxiety levels 😂

Thank you for summing up so well the exact debate my husband and I have been having about our trip next week. :rotfl: We see all sides to the issues and it really just feels like there's just no great solution right now.

Hello. Supposed to go to WDW right after Thanksgiving. Any Covid updates? Anyone returning and testing positive. Just don't know what to do. Was there in September and felt very safe. Things have changed a bit now. Would love to hear from those who have been there or who know someone who just returned.
I took my family (5 kids, 2 parents, 1 grandparent) and rented a house for 4 weeks. We went to Disney every weekday for a 3-5 hours. We had a pool at the house and had groceries delivered for the most part. We felt very safe at Disney. Disney springs was majorly crowded so I didn’t go there in the evenings or weekends after my first experience. We have been back for 7 days and no symptoms from anyone.

The one thing I’d like to see stay at WDW, that really is doable to have remain, is the enhanced cleaning in the resort rooms. Grosses me out that things like the remote control, thermostat, phone, and door knobs had to be specifically named by Disney as things they are now cleaning. Wonder when the last time those things were sanitized prior to the shut down? Eww

The one thing I’d like to see stay at WDW, that really is doable to have remain, is the enhanced cleaning in the resort rooms. Grosses me out that things like the remote control, thermostat, phone, and door knobs had to be specifically named by Disney as things they are now cleaning. Wonder when the last time those things were sanitized prior to the shut down? Eww

But also, we want to see full housekeeping come back when this is done.

Like, I want my bed made! I love coming back to a made up room. Feels very vacationy. :D

Medical/ surgical/ blue masks have always been allowed at WDW, you won't have an issue.
Including fabric ones? (The surgical ones don't work for me.) I never knew that! In 30 years of park-going I've never, ever seen someone wear one until this pandemic.

But also, we want to see full housekeeping come back when this is done.

Like, I want my bed made! I love coming back to a made up room. Feels very vacationy. :D
I didn’t miss that as much as I thought I would last week. What I really ended up wanting was my luggage delivered and to check it at the hotel again. That was such a time saver!

LOL this is why I love DVC. Stay outta my room. Don't touch my stuff. We prefer no housekeeping.
My feeling exactly. We leave the Do Not Disturb sign on the door 24/7 and usually leave the 2 garbage cans right inside the doorway, when we’re out, in case they do come in they can just grab them and go.

Not sure about fabric ones, you see a lot of Asian tourists wearing them, as others have said it's pretty normal to wear them over there
Yeah the surgical masks have always been allowed. Never really saw cloth masks pre COVID, because they were really never known about prior to February of this year. But I would assume going forward they will always be allowed to anyone that want to wear one.

Yeah the surgical masks have always been allowed. Never really saw cloth masks pre COVID, because they were really never known about prior to February of this year. But I would assume going forward they will always be allowed to anyone that want to wear one.

Frankly, if Disney is selling cloth masks I don't see how they can ever not allow them in the future.

Here now. Took bus from GDT to MK at 10:50. Went down a little later to avoid the bus being crammed. Only 3 total parties on the bus.

Walked in the gate a little later 11. Main Street was well spaced. Hoofed it straight to Sleepy Hollow for corn dogs. Ate them on a bench behind the Christmas store. Started walking to HM and it was packed with people. Worked our way over to a 45min Peter Pan wait, but the lines were wrapped all the way down by Harbor House and back up to the ride entrance. Small world was the same. We were not comfortable with the crowds in that area. Walked over to Little Mermaid not as bad, but still very crowded. We decided to call it a day and find something else to do.

Stopped by City Hall on our way out to see if we could change parks as other than eating a quick service lunch, we didn’t visit ANY attractions. Told the CM that we would be fine with AK or Epcot. The CM looked and said there were no other park passes available in any other parks and we were out of luck.

On our way back to the resort now. I know it was my choice to leave, but the crowds there were as bad as the past few Thanksgiving days in my opinion. I’m more disappointed that Disney has adverstised to all of us they are protecting their guests and have their safety in mind. Didn’t feel that was true at all today. With the social distanced lines (which is crucially needed at this time) dragging around as far as they do, it really cuts off the walkway for other guests traveling from land to land. I would love to see Mr Chapek bring his family to the MK this week, walk a mile in the guest shoes and see how comfortable he feels for everyone’s safety.

Yesterday, we didn’t feel anything as close to uncomfortable at DHS. That was a weekend day so that surprised me.

Not suprised at all with the new CDC cruise 60 day rule, most likely will push to March at the very earliest to resume.
I don’t see Disney being among the first to return to the seas. They don’t have as much tied up in cruising as true cruise companies do. DCL will most likely sit back and return a couple of months after other lines do. I really wouldn’t expect a DCL ships to head back out with guests until after hurricane season.

Here now. Took bus from GDT to MK at 10:50. Went down a little later to avoid the bus being crammed. Only 3 total parties on the bus.

Walked in the gate a little later 11. Main Street was well spaced. Hoofed it straight to Sleepy Hollow for corn dogs. Ate them on a bench behind the Christmas store. Started walking to HM and it was packed with people. Worked our way over to a 45min Peter Pan wait, but the lines were wrapped all the way down by Harbor House and back up to the ride entrance. Small world was the same. We were not comfortable with the crowds in that area. Walked over to Little Mermaid not as bad, but still very crowded. We decided to call it a day and find something else to do.

Stopped by City Hall on our way out to see if we could change parks as other than eating a quick service lunch, we didn’t visit ANY attractions. Told the CM that we would be fine with AK or Epcot. The CM looked and said there were no other park passes available in any other parks and we were out of luck.

On our way back to the resort now. I know it was my choice to leave, but the crowds there were as bad as the past few Thanksgiving days in my opinion. I’m more disappointed that Disney has adverstised to all of us they are protecting their guests and have their safety in mind. Didn’t feel that was true at all today. With the social distanced lines (which is crucially needed at this time) dragging around as far as they do, it really cuts off the walkway for other guests traveling from land to land. I would love to see Mr Chapek bring his family to the MK this week, walk a mile in the guest shoes and see how comfortable he feels for everyone’s safety.

Yesterday, we didn’t feel anything as close to uncomfortable at DHS. That was a weekend day so that surprised me.

Yeah, the queuing for the Fantasyland rides make the crowding seem worse in that area. In reality, all the various queuing for anything at MK can make it seem worse just about everywhere, especially now with all parks reaching capacity. However, getting to MK at 11 - even now - may not be the best plan. You may need to change your touring strategy.

All this stuff will disappear gradually and mostly unofficially IMHO. They probably won't renew the contract for the temperature takers, the enforcement for face coverings will become more lax, particularly outside. The distance markers will wear away and they won't be replaced. I don't see them making any sort of grand announcement saying everything is back to normal.
I think it will be announced, but it will be announced the day before it happens.

Distancing works because the parks are at low capacity. Imagine how horrible the winding lines would be at 60%? Once we are past the Rona, Disney will want to pack as many people in the parks as possible.
Yeah, imagine what that would look like around Christmas in a normal year. You'd be lining up for Space Mountain somewhere around the monorail station.

Yeah, the queuing for the Fantasyland rides make the crowding seem worse in that area. In reality, all the various queuing for anything at MK can make it seem worse just about everywhere, especially now with all parks reaching capacity. However, getting to MK at 11 - even now - may not be the best plan. You may need to change your touring strategy.
If you want to avoid long waits, yeah, you might want to get there earlier. But if the problem is crowding at that point in the day, I'm not sure an early arrival would really change that. I'm not sure anyone could feasibly get through everything they wanted to do in MK by noon with a 9am arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter