• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gideon's Bakehouse...

I read something that just chilled me to the bone...they run out of cookies during the day!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Our plan is to get a few on our arrival day to keep in the room - does anyone know if the Disney Springs location will be allowing the pre-order? Website says to pre-order the day before to make sure you get what you want.

I'll put on my list for day before travel - order cookies!

Gideon's Bakehouse...

I read something that just chilled me to the bone...they run out of cookies during the day!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Our plan is to get a few on our arrival day to keep in the room - does anyone know if the Disney Springs location will be allowing the pre-order? Website says to pre-order the day before to make sure you get what you want.

I'll put on my list for day before travel - order cookies!
Yep they run out regularly but it also can depend on type.

The newly built Flamingo Crossing apartment complex that was meant for the College Program is now leasing to other cast members and Disney Operating Participants - presumably they are trying to make some money while the CP is still not happening. If you go to their website you’ll see that they are run by a company that specifically runs student based housing.

I had their andes mint and choc chip last week. First time having Gideons (I just dont feel like driving up that way). Sooooo good

So is Gideons actually good or is this something like Sprinkles where people say it is good but it really isn't anything special?
I don't like Sprinkles - yet my whole family goes and gets a bunch of cupcakes every time we are at Disney... I don't see the appeal. Gideons is actually good. I've only had their chocolate chip cookies, but it was great! I normally don't like to buy cookies as I make great ones, so don't find it worth it. Theirs stays a bit like dough in the middle and the salt is perfect to counteract all the sweetness.

So is Gideons actually good or is this something like Sprinkles where people say it is good but it really isn't anything special?

I think they are very good. We have been to their original location, which has a big following that aren't just Disney people, and it was worth the hassle.

I agree that a lot of Disney stuff is popular just because it's at Disney, not because it's actually good.

I don't like Sprinkles - yet my whole family goes and gets a bunch of cupcakes every time we are at Disney... I don't see the appeal. Gideons is actually good. I've only had their chocolate chip cookies, but it was great! I normally don't like to buy cookies as I make great ones, so don't find it worth it. Theirs stays a bit like dough in the middle and the salt is perfect to counteract all the sweetness.

that is how I like my cookies so sounds like this is worth trying

Thanks!

@Farro - the dream is still alive!!!

The newly built Flamingo Crossing apartment complex that was meant for the College Program is now leasing to other cast members and Disney Operating Participants - presumably they are trying to make some money while the CP is still not happening. If you go to their website you’ll see that they are run by a company that specifically runs student based housing.

This is great and so needed! Thanks for the update!

I’m glad the complex won’t sit vacant, but this signals to me that Disney doesn’t expect to restart the CP for a very long time. That makes me sad.

Sprinkles cupcakes were the biggest letdown ever.

Gideon's cookie...was kind of overwhelming. It was almost too good? It was so sweet. Delicious. But just over the top. I will of course need to have another one when they open. My favorite cookie in the World is the triple chocolate chip one at th Norway Bakery. It is divine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter