Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love about these boards and talking to different Disney fans finding out just how many different ways there are to do a Disney vacation.

If we have hoppers (they are often included if we get the military salute tickets) we might take advantage of it but generally find more than enough to do at any given park in a day (generalyl we dont' get done everyhitng we want) - I can't imagine "getting bored" in a Disney park... but obviously just here are a ton of comments form people that talk about how big hopping is to them - so I am glad for them it is back in some format, and hope it comes back to it's former status in the near futgure

Agreed! It's nice that everyone can do Disney differently and *gasp* have a different opinion on how to do Disney, yet still get along nicely and talk about it without attacking each other! I'm with you, though. We rarely park hop. With kids and a stroller, it's more hassle than help and I feel like it wastes a lot of time, especially with shortened park hours. The only times we've really hopped is when we've done short trips (3 full park days) and wanted to get in a certain ride or show.

Hopping was essential when we would be visiting the parks. The freedom it gave meant that should a key attraction randomly be taken down, we could opt for another park; it was sort of an insurance policy.

Once we became local AP's, the point was moot (well, until recently).

I hate the idea of not hopping. We NEVER do a park open to close, I get bored. We start at one and end at another.
Hopefully hours will be good in October for hopping!
(Sorry this is off topic and I must have missed it) but what happened to your May trip??

(Sorry this is off topic and I must have missed it) but what happened to your May trip??

With the paycuts and furloughs we dealt with in 2020, plus always needing emergency money on hand for our kitty (he has chronic pancreatitis, while treatable, is costly at times even with insurance), we just didn't feel comfortable financially to go in the Spring.

Sooo, we moved trip back to our old friend October. 😂 But we will be able to vacation the way we like (spending money without worry) and my sister can come for a few days!

With the paycuts and furloughs we dealt with in 2020, plus always needing emergency money on hand for our kitty (he has chronic pancreatitis, while treatable, is costly at times even with insurance), we just didn't feel comfortable financially to go in the Spring.

Sooo, we moved trip back to our old friend October. 😂 But we will be able to vacation the way we like (spending money without worry) and my sister can come for a few days!
Good to hear! Plus in those five months things really might have a chance to come back to normal-ish whereas May is feeling really, really soon.

Potential unintended consequence of a COVID trip to WDW: I’m no longer addicted to park hopping.

Teach me your ways :rotfl2: I have 2 trips booked in 2021 and couldn't skip the upgrade, even though back in Sept one park a day was MORE than enough and I really enjoyed taking my time open-close and enjoying everything the parks had to offer. I think my concern is with a shorter trip (3 in-park days) it's the only way to guarantee we can see each park/do the headliners.

We love to park hop and definitely missed it on the two trips we took this summer. I am looking forward to having it as an option again in February!

We do have what I feel is an unconventional (especially outside of the Dis) park style though. We often like to do the parks in 3ish hour bursts and spend downtime at the resorts. It's more relaxing that way for frequent visitors who have done all the rides a million times. We are (were) also obsessive fast pass users though which probably helped on the timing aspect. We do still have the occasional all day rope drop to close extravaganza, but it is rare now and usually just a holiday thing.

Those that pushed their Spring dates to the Fall are gonna look real smart if this keeps on the way it's been going.

If we keep our spring trip (which at this point I am 80% sure we won't) if we go to any park I think it will be Universal

watch Disney announce Rat and Space 220 will be open for when I go and I completely forget all about it and happily plop down some money

Teach me your ways :rotfl2: I have 2 trips booked in 2021 and couldn't skip the upgrade, even though back in Sept one park a day was MORE than enough and I really enjoyed taking my time open-close and enjoying everything the parks had to offer. I think my concern is with a shorter trip (3 in-park days) it's the only way to guarantee we can see each park/do the headliners.
Alas The Path is longer trips. I’m going for a week 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter