• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up: I have two annual passes in my cart on the website. I chatted with a CM since my account was supposed to be noted to allow an exception to upgrade my recently used tickets, but the CM said they are still not selling annual passes. I’m not sure if this is a fluke, or if it’s a sign that sales are on the horizon. I’m going to try calling a little later, but fingers crossed!
I can’t get it to put one in my cart, so I vote it’s the glitch. Again. They’ve done this particular glitch a couple times I think.

Seems similar to one of our local bridges. Just suddenly shut down without any word. Nothing even leaked. Sometimes not a good sign - often means something big (potentially hazardous to its users) was wrong that they don't want people to know about. Not saying that was the case, just maybe... Or maybe it's a silly little thing and they just can't get the part. But the silence is interesting.

Last edited:

Capacity increase?

***Rumor being reported on wdwmagic by TheVisionarySoul that on Jan 1, WDW increased capacity to 40%...

It was part of the park-hopping roll-out.

Not sure if true and I'm not familiar with poster, but seems plausible.

Taking this with a grain of salt (since many people don't understand how having attractions, shows, and basically all the people eaters closed contributes to the impression of increased crowds)... I have seen a LOT of chatter on FB the last few days that the crowds feel noticeably bigger. A lot of photos circulating of jam-packed areas in the parks, even the last day or two, when schools have gone back.

I'm late to the park-hopping party, but I have to say thus far we've never park hopped, never felt the need or desire. But, after being given a set of park-hoppers, we were looking forward to trying it. I definitely can see the appeal in being able to visit one park during the day and then perhaps hopping to another park (less crowded) for the evening, to take in the fireworks/shows etc... (obviously when those return). Admittedly, right now with none of those running and shortened hours, I don't see any point in PH.

Capacity increase?

***Rumor being reported on wdwmagic by TheVisionarySoul that on Jan 1, WDW increased capacity to 40%...

We were there then (left Jan 3) and it sure did feel more crowded after NYE. I thought it may have just been the weekend effect

Capacity increase?

Would be 0% surprised. They didn’t install all that new plexiglass for fun, it was to increase capacity.

So would anyone be surprised if on next Quarterly financial update we find up that sometime in December WDW was increased to say 45% of capacity. I went to my local Psychic and that is what she told me the Tea Leaves was saying-LOL.

Capacity increase?

VisionarySoul’s track record is fairly reliable. I’d lean towards it being correct.

Seems similar to one of our local bridges. Just suddenly shut down without any word. Nothing even leaked. Sometimes not a good sign - often means something big (potentially hazardous to its users) was wrong that they don't want people to know about. Not saying that was the case, just maybe... Or maybe it's a silly little thing and they just can't get the part. But the silence is interesting.
So this is actually the second time this has happened to Rock n Rollercoaster, the last time being in 2010 where it was unexpectedly down for a few days due to issues with the LSM launch.

Vekoma built three of this exact model. Paris and Holland (this one has a slight difference in load station and is outdoors) have both had their launch replaced with newer tech. I don’t think Florida’s has been upgraded yet.

Wonder what the breakdown is between the buckets. We never knew that, right? Curious if the portion of APs and locals is still way higher than normal. 40% is approaching the point where availability shouldn’t be much of an issue anymore especially considering occupancy is much less than normal times at the resorts, with some not even being open.

Would be 0% surprised. They didn’t install all that new plexiglass for fun, it was to increase capacity.
Right .. why install all that plexiglass at the end of the busy Christmas season (when they needed it) with the slow season coming up .. but at the same time . will they reach 40% capacity during the slow January/February months without marathons?

But it does give them time to get the "kinks" out before Spring Break where I am guessing they are hoping they can be reaching that 40% capacity regularly.

We moved the dates of our trip yesterday. I was glad to see that the Dining Plan is still listed on the new reservation booking form even though there is a disclaimer that it's not currently available. I'm one hoping they will eventually bring it back and even better, hopefully bring back Free Dining!!

I know there was some reports of lack of social distancing with magical express but I can tell you at least as of today they still are.
We were sat every row in early December. I mean some people were spaced but by the time they got to us they didn't have room to do that. I asked the driver and he said to sit anywhere. <shrugs>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter