• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were social distanced on the way to WDW, but on the way back it was just a free for all.
I second this! On the was from MCO to the hotels, both for our Oct and December trips we were assigned seats - but on the way back to MCO, we were told to sit anywhere on the bus!

I will say, that for both trips, we lucked out and only had like 4 or 5 families on the bus so we were able to have several empty rows between us!

[
This is really disappointing. I can't imagine it was that much to keep this attraction going and was definitely a fun way to enjoy MK as a family. My boys thought this was the greatest thing and loved getting new cards. We also met a lot of other families doing this and exchanged cards and 'secrets'. I guess it will be one less thing to encourage us to head over to MK.

[

This is really disappointing. I can't imagine it was that much to keep this attraction going and was definitely a fun way to enjoy MK as a family. My boys thought this was the greatest thing and loved getting new cards. We also met a lot of other families doing this and exchanged cards and 'secrets'. I guess it will be one less thing to encourage us to head over to MK.

yeah, this isnt' something we spent time doing, but was neat that it was there and we enjoyed watching others do it ... and it was something else to do in the parks besides rides. Even if not a ton of people were doing it, this will just push more people towards ride lines

If this was somenthing that happened when they first reopened and was a temporary thing I would totally get it ... but to get rid of it permanently, just feels like another "extra" is gone

this is a gut punch.

how much overhead could have possibly been involved with the upkeep of this game - it was kind of self service - aside from printing the cards?? I don't know why they wouldn't just keep it. ugh.

yeah I guess some savings by not printing new cards - but they always had special cards at the Halloween Party that I know some people really looked forward to, helped sell the event for some (not a key reason, but "a" reason people would pay the cost)

I know it wasn't as majority of guests, but this was something big for some people - big bummer

I don't see Universal ever getting rid of the wands in HP lands - so at least there's that. Surprised MK never charged for the cards or somehow revamped the whole thing to be better. WDW is probably kicking themselves for not thinking up and selling a wand angle to go with the cards years ago.

I don't see Universal ever getting rid of the wands in HP lands - so at least there's that. Surprised MK never charged for the cards or somehow revamped the whole thing to be better. WDW is probably kicking themselves for not thinking up and selling a wand angle to go with the cards years ago.

yeah, this feels sort of short sighted - and maybe they were just too late to do something now. But give out a starting card set but then sell cards and make $ on it, rather than seeing just the expense part

There is/was talk of something "force" related that would work in Galaxy's Edge and would function similar to the wands in the Wizarding World - not sure where that stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter