• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Universal ever getting rid of the wands in HP lands - so at least there's that. Surprised MK never charged for the cards or somehow revamped the whole thing to be better. WDW is probably kicking themselves for not thinking up and selling a wand angle to go with the cards years ago.
Well yeah, they're selling those wands for about $50 each.

Still think any of these recent decisions are anything but scrimping and saving every single last cent?

Disney said a shift in how guests use mobile technology combined with decreased demand for the game led to its demise.

Like others have stated, maybe something like this unfolds with Genie.

yeah, this isnt' something we spent time doing, but was neat that it was there and we enjoyed watching others do it ... and it was something else to do in the parks besides rides. Even if not a ton of people were doing it, this will just push more people towards ride lines

If this was somenthing that happened when they first reopened and was a temporary thing I would totally get it ... but to get rid of it permanently, just feels like another "extra" is gone
We just discovered it for our last trip May 2019 and the boys loved it. We would run from one area of the park to another. It was so much fun for them and didn't require standing in lines. It was a fun thing to do later in the day or if we hopped to MK for dinner and fireworks,

We just discovered it for our last trip May 2019 and the boys loved it. We would run from one area of the park to another. It was so much fun for them and didn't require standing in lines. It was a fun thing to do later in the day or if we hopped to MK for dinner and fireworks,

yeah, and I wish the parks had more things like this, not less .... but I am sure Disney figures people don't pay $ to enter the parks or to stay at the resorts to do things like this, unfortunately

These elements were in the survey Disney sent to guests from November:

"park-wide quests, virtual interaction with attractions"
Capture.JPG

Source

Prob not gone forever, just reimagining is my best guess.

It's great having reservations and FP+ on our phones for reference, but anything that encourages kids to be on their electronics during vacation doesn't sound exciting to me.

And how many kids don’t have a phone? I think it’s silly to think that one day we will only be able to use the app for everything. 5 year olds don’t carry iPhones.

It might get rolled in to Genie with virtual cards instead of the physical cards.
I like to carry around as little as possible, so I would be on board with this. The cards are small, but it is one more thing to have to keep up with, plus I somehow always seem to forget to put them in a baggie and end up getting them wet on Splash Mountain. If they do introduce virtual cards, I hope they still have the physical portals to interact with -- that is what makes it so cool, that it is "real."

I like to carry around as little as possible, so I would be on board with this. The cards are small, but it is one more thing to have to keep up with, plus I somehow always seem to forget to put them in a baggie and end up getting them wet on Splash Mountain. If they do introduce virtual cards, I hope they still have the physical portals to interact with -- that is what makes it so cool, that it is "real."

I agree with that - or *something* physical - like the Perry's game in World Showcase that uses a phone but then triggers physical props to move

We were really looking forward to trying it on our next trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter