Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beer at baseline and another ride will kill enough time. Transportation to other parks starts around 1:40 pm.
Went to brown derby lounge and got a drink. Did aerosmith. Doing star tours again (25 min wait) Gonna grab a beer after this @ baseline and check out the short movie "vacation fun" i believe.

I live around here, so i drove. The transport is no issue.

Went to brown derby lounge and got a drink. Did aerosmith. Doing star tours again (25 min wait) Gonna grab a beer after this @ baseline and check out the short movie "vacation fun" i believe.

The day we were at Studios in early December, the line for baseline was about as long as the line for MMRR. Wanted to get in line so bad, but bought a beer from a cart to keep me going.

We saw the short movie - it was cute in the newer Mickey shorts style. DD talked us into going in because she saw a picture of the theater seats and wanted to see them. We had some fun photo ops after too.

Less than 10 seconds into star tours this time. *over the loudspeaker* "ROW ONE PUT YOUR MASK ON" three seconds later "ROW ONE PUT YOUR MASK ON"... this was right after being told to keep it on during the flight.

Quick edit. It was not me in row one. Lol

I am glad Disney is watching and taking it seriously/calling it out to deter the behavior but I just wish all guests respected the rule and those around them. These poor CMs. It’s so disappointing.

I am glad Disney is watching and taking it seriously/calling it out to deter the behavior but I just wish all guests respected the rule and those around them. These poor CMs. It’s so disappointing.

I wish they were tougher on people in general but recently i have noticed CMs calling people out more then they have in the past.

Well then I don't feel bad about you having to wait to hop since you can go any time :p

Managed to get BG 1 this morning. Doesnt feel that busy here. 35 min wait for MMRR. I really wish the park hopping started at noon. Ive done most things at DHS already

I've seen shocking reports of wait times .. (like 10 minutes for FoP) and the afternoon BG period being open for like an hour or so! I figured it would be dead at this time of year, but this is pretty shocking.

It's why I originally wanted to go next week, figuring it would be low crowds, but I as I thought about it more - I have since opted out .. mainly because I feel that even though wait times are low and I could get on a lot of "rides" .. the true "magic" of the place is still missing with all the missing "extras" (M&Gs, fireworks, attractions) .. and the constant reminders of the "virus" -- with masks, markers, signs, etc. If I was a local AP holder, I'd go .. just not worth it for the normal "memorable" vacation I am accustomed to. That is the "product" I've been buying all these years and doesn't seem to make sense to go back until more of that is back.

Saw an interesting video on YouTube that sorta explains how I feel: "Did 2020 ruin Disney Parks?" - and the consensus from the creator was -- yes -- the parks aren't just the "magical" place he wants them to be and it sorta burst the "bubble" for him -- throwing off the veil and realizing Disney is just a big company struggling to stay alive during this time. I feel the same -- I'm not ready to go back yet until it is a bit more "normal" (even though it would be SUPER nice to go .. just to have some short lines) .. and as disappointing as that is, and as much as I'd like to support the company and the cast members, just doesn't feel worth the money right now since the product I want isn't the same.

Same reason I don't go to certain restaurants right now -- getting take out just isn't the same "product" I was getting before and just not worth the time and money.

I've seen shocking reports of wait times .. (like 10 minutes for FoP) and the afternoon BG period being open for like an hour or so! I figured it would be dead at this time of year, but this is pretty shocking.

It's why I originally wanted to go next week, figuring it would be low crowds, but I as I thought about it more - I have since opted out .. mainly because I feel that even though wait times are low and I could get on a lot of "rides" .. the true "magic" of the place is still missing with all the missing "extras" (M&Gs, fireworks, attractions) .. and the constant reminders of the "virus" -- with masks, markers, signs, etc. If I was a local AP holder, I'd go .. just not worth it for the normal "memorable" vacation I am accustomed to. That is the "product" I've been buying all these years and doesn't seem to make sense to go back until more of that is back.

Saw an interesting video on YouTube that sorta explains how I feel: "Did 2020 ruin Disney Parks?" - and the consensus from the creator was -- yes -- the parks aren't just the "magical" place he wants them to be and it sorta burst the "bubble" for him -- throwing off the veil and realizing Disney is just a big company struggling to stay alive during this time. I feel the same -- I'm not ready to go back yet until it is a bit more "normal" (even though it would be SUPER nice to go .. just to have some short lines) .. and as disappointing as that is, and as much as I'd like to support the company and the cast members, just doesn't feel worth the money right now since the product I want isn't the same.

Same reason I don't go to certain restaurants right now -- getting take out just isn't the same "product" I was getting before and just not worth the time and money.

I 100% get it. Im local enough that i can come as i please. If i were not local i would not go to disney, Plain and simple. Things are not as they were and its going to be a very long time until things get back to what we considered normal at disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter